• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

10 chars spamming spell = Crashing server.

Grinch

www.loronia.se
Reaction score
I got a big problem here. A guy logs in on 10 characters (mc) spamming spells that is not for his lvl (poofing the spell)and after some minutes the server crashes. Someone got any idea how to fix this?

http://otland.net/f132/too-low-level-force-say-30028/

Source edit....

Could just create a lua function:
Code:
if getPlayerLevel(cid) < 60 then

local commapos = string.find(param,",")
local name = string.sub(param,1,commapos-1)
local text = string.sub(param,commapos+1,string.len(param))
local player = getPlayerByName(name)
doCreatureSay(player,text,TALKTYPE_SAY)
else
"perform spell"
But I don't have time to complete the script atm

Created 2 solutions to this problem:
#1 In this scenario the level requirement for the spell is level 60:
Code:
local config = {
text = "you don't have enough level."
}

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
if getPlayerLevel(cid) <= 60 then
doCreatureSay(cid,.config.text,TALKTYPE_SAY)
else

(SPELL)

end
return LUA_NO_ERROR
end
#2 Disable party spells, as they are affecting it.

Did this work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't all this shit simply be fixed by making a script that would not let more than 5chars(5 cuz I think it would not be enough to crash server with this amount, tell me if Im wrong) online with same ip at same time?

WEll I know that players using LAN won't be able to login(only 5 playas will be able), but when I'm checking /mc in my ot there are never more than 2 or 3 same ips, so I doubt you will loose much.

Correct me if Im wrong pls :D

Can't all this shit simply be fixed by making a script that would not let more than 5chars(5 cuz I think it would not be enough to crash server with this amount, tell me if Im wrong) online with same ip at same time?

WEll I know that players using LAN won't be able to login(only 5 playas will be able), but when I'm checking /mc in my ot there are never more than 2 or 3 same ips, so I doubt you will loose much.

Correct me if Im wrong pls :D

There are already scripts like this on the forum.

@Up

Ye, I know, but all I did was asking question "Can't all this shit simply be fixed by making a script that would not let more than 5chars?"

Or this method won't help?

@Up

Ye, I know, but all I did was asking question "Can't all this shit simply be fixed by making a script that would not let more than 5chars?"

Or this method won't help?

It will not fix it, but prevent it by a certain percentage.
What if they log on 4 computers with 2 players each? And then connect magebomb through the computers.

Best solution is change this
loginTries = 10
retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
logintres use lower 3 or 2 so then it wont be easy to us magebomb.

Back