• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

10 chars spamming spell = Crashing server.

Grinch

www.loronia.se
Reaction score
I got a big problem here. A guy logs in on 10 characters (mc) spamming spells that is not for his lvl (poofing the spell)and after some minutes the server crashes. Someone got any idea how to fix this?

I got a big problem here. A guy logs in on 10 characters (mc) spamming spells that is not for his lvl (poofing the spell)and after some minutes the server crashes. Someone got any idea how to fix this?

I fixed it by setting it to emote spells in config.
You are using TFS 0.3.2?

emoting spells won't work in this case... the best way would be to banish people who spamm spells and don't lose mana but I have no idea how to detect those people

emoting spells won't work in this case... the best way would be to banish people who spamm spells and don't lose mana but I have no idea how to detect those people

Then they just create a new char. If you IP ban them, then they get a new IP.

So...
One solution that might work: remove the poof from spells.

Found a solution to the problem.

Modify all spells, so that if a low level tries to use a spell that has a higher level requirement, the spell will come out as "Say" instead.
Spamming will cause in mute if you are too low level.

Can you give me an example please?

If a level 8 tries to spam Hells Core.
Instead of Poof+"You are too low level", it will force him to say the spell instead "Utani Gran Hur" in default chat, causing Mute if spammed.

If a level 120 tries to spam Hells Core, it works just like normal, without the mute.

So basically muting players if they are too low level for the spell.

If a level 8 tries to spam Hells Core.
Instead of Poof+"You are too low level", it will force him to say the spell instead "Utani Gran Hur" in default chat, causing Mute if spammed.

If a level 120 tries to spam Hells Core, it works just like normal, without the mute.

So basically muting players if they are too low level for the spell.

It not mute me... it just says you do not have enough level to cast the spell, but you wont get muted :eek: (on 0.2)

Back