• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

100% Bot automatic detection. Is it a bad idea?

Should I create the bot detection tool?

• Total voters

Ispiro

Reaction score
Hey,

I have an idea for a detection tool that can possibly detect any players botting on my server.

The bad part is players will have to download a modified client along with a detection tool.

The good part is it'll be automatic while they login(similar to when you're trying to log into official servers with an old client, the new client is automatic downloaded, except in this case, a bot detection tool is downloaded with it).

Consequences I have in mind is, people will use it to send viruses, and that'll scare players away. Should I continue with this project, or is it a better idea to let it go?

Best Regards,
Ispiro.

Is better if no, several persons got autoupdaters and got the same problem in mind than you, they havent released it during years, so why now?

Can't you just change the RSA key?
Or is that something completely different? LOL

Red

missclicked :/ my computer lagged!

if you are able to write app like neobot(wont start if debugger is running, gonna crash if something tries to load memory of it) and expand its features to scan also other processes its good idea. but youd have also to detect apps emulating mouse moves and keystrokes(tasker fe)cause it doesnt read memory
but tis way soft used to put hk on mouse buttons gonna be blocked also

you can give it or sell for symbolic price to good ot admins but dont make it public

I wouldn't play it unless it was a god damn good OT.

So i'd say release it because i don't think it will be a good OT, but then someone else who has it might make a good OT and use it, but then there's a modified client involved, which means downloading a client off a random person i don't know, just to play a server.
Not my thing.

So i voted 'No, and don't release it.'

why do u wanna stop botting? xd

Some people prefer that their players play fairly :p

90%+ of all players bot in 1 form or another.

I'm pretty sure that statistic isn't necessarily accurate, but even if it's true, I'm pretty sure much of that 90% bot to compete. People that bot get really far ahead, so fair players are sometimes forced if they want to be one of the top. If this is implemented, 0% of the players will be botting, and players that used to bot before might find it good to be able to play in a server where although they don't cheat anymore, they can still be one of the top players with items other players don't have, etc.

Is better if no, several persons got autoupdaters and got the same problem in mind than you, they havent released it during years, so why now?

I suppose your right but it's just that looking at server lists everything looks the same. With something like this, it would give the server an "edge".

if you are able to write app like neobot(wont start if debugger is running, gonna crash if something tries to load memory of it) and expand its features to scan also other processes its good idea. but youd have also to detect apps emulating mouse moves and keystrokes(tasker fe)cause it doesnt read memory
but tis way soft used to put hk on mouse buttons gonna be blocked also

you can give it or sell for symbolic price to good ot admins but dont make it public

I understand what you're saying, but I was hoping more of an opinion on why I shouldn't continue with the project, or why I should.

I wouldn't play it unless it was a god damn good OT.

So i'd say release it because i don't think it will be a good OT, but then someone else who has it might make a good OT and use it, but then there's a modified client involved, which means downloading a client off a random person i don't know, just to play a server.
Not my thing.

So i voted 'No, and don't release it.'

I get your point, and I agree in some of those points. But if people are looking for cheat-free servers, and alot of people bot these days(afk or not), this is a pretty good solution. Also it can help change many ots. Developers can find ways to make playing fair entertaining, questing, etc. The state things are right now, it's very sad really. Hunting is boring. We can do it for hours, days, weeks even, but we can't do it forever. And sadly, it's what's this game is mostly about. Whoever hunts more, kicks more ass(higher level, more power). If this anti-cheat is ever implemented, it won't work on all servers and I understand that, but like you said, if it's a "god damn good OT", I would hate to see people botting their way through the content.

Best Regards,
Ispiro.

Back