• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[12.x] - ORTS | Real Map Data Pack for latest TFS

Is it just me that gets Client crashes when using this datapack with latest tfs 1.3? :O

@Simonalina I just logged in and there is no crash anymore, can you try it again? download latest version again (only the map if needed) and also make sure you are using unedited client 10.98 files

@Simonalina I just logged in and there is no crash anymore, can you try it again? download latest version again (only the map if needed) and also make sure you are using unedited
To be on the 100% sure side where did you download The unedited. i restarted the server with youre map again. Still get bugs in yalahar, same code as i mention before in my thread

felkod.png
Post automatically merged:

i did get this answere one time though, @Gesior.pl thought this could help.
This is what i got error in.
player position: 32774, 32255, 7

last packet from server: DISTANCE SHOT ANIMATION (first byte is 133 = 0x85)
to: 32785,32256,7 (11 tiles away in x-axis)
effect: 4 (CONST_ANI_FIRE)

Client debug reason: animation is too far (not on player screen!)

In magic effect code, there is range limit ('canSee' checks if position is visible on player screen):

And this maybe could help:
Code:
{

if (!canSee(from) || !canSee(to)) {

return;

}

But it didn't, here is what it looks like right now.

Lua:
void ProtocolGame::sendDistanceShoot(const Position& from, const Position& to, uint8_t type)
{
    if (!canSee(from) || !canSee(to)) {
        return;
    }

NetworkMessage msg;
    msg.addByte(0x85);
    msg.addPosition(from);
    msg.addPosition(to);
    msg.addByte(type);
    writeToOutputBuffer(msg);
}

Last edited:
Thank you for uploading this! I would like to help in improving this dataset.

While using the dataset with the latest build of TFS on Ubuntu (38ea508) and Tibia client 10.98 I sometimes receive the following error (see screenshot). Do you think this may be a TFS error or something specifically related to this dataset?

Attachments

Thank you for uploading this! I would like to help in improving this dataset.

While using the dataset with the latest build of TFS on Ubuntu (38ea508) and Tibia client 10.98 I sometimes receive the following error (see screenshot). Do you think this may be a TFS error or something specifically related to this dataset?
sadly we still didn't know the cause of the crashes as it only happens with this datapack

I think this addresses the kicks ...

I noticed that various pick holes are not working, such as the:

battle axe quest in thais 32303,32257,8 (action id: 104)
fire axe quest in edron 33081,31651,11 (action id: 131)
parchment quest in edron 33094,31626,13 (action id: 142)

Should I simply add these action ids to actionids.lua, or should I change the pick hole action ids to the suggested value of 105 instead? Let me know and I'll make a pull request.

Another issue I noticed is that fields and magic walls cannot effectively be used as a destroy field rune alternative. Should this be addressed in the TFS repository or this dataset?

I think this addresses the kicks ...

I noticed that various pick holes are not working, such as the:

battle axe quest in thais 32303,32257,8 (action id: 104)
fire axe quest in edron 33081,31651,11 (action id: 131)
parchment quest in edron 33094,31626,13 (action id: 142)

Should I simply add these action ids to actionids.lua, or should I change the pick hole action ids to the suggested value of 105 instead? Let me know and I'll make a pull request.

Another issue I noticed is that fields and magic walls cannot effectively be used as a destroy field rune alternative. Should this be addressed in the TFS repository or this dataset?

thank you.

the pick hole I'll fix/change them as I'm currently working on the map to add the missing areas up to 10.98 update

and about the magic wall issue, I've just tested and confirmed its bugged, yes please open an issue following the template and we will take care of it

Hey there, I found a few more bugs. I'm currently downgrading this set to a much older version, but possibly they help you in your efforts:

• Shovels don't seem to work on differently designed holes such as Edron rotworms and Darashia rotworms
  • The island after rookgaard isn't coded yet
  • The small axe from the pick quest in rookgaard doesn't work
  • Most spell NPC's are not yet coded
  • When you use the lever at the rats below rookgaard square, an unpassable object appears

Hey there, I found a few more bugs. I'm currently downgrading this set to a much older version, but possibly they help you in your efforts:

• Shovels don't seem to work on differently designed holes such as Edron rotworms and Darashia rotworms
  • The island after rookgaard isn't coded yet
  • The small axe from the pick quest in rookgaard doesn't work
  • Most spell NPC's are not yet coded
  • When you use the lever at the rats below rookgaard square, an unpassable object appears

thank you for the reports! will fix the hole id 7932 issue and the spells npc used to be a WIP by someone

but the issues regarding rookgaard I won't be working on them because I never really liked rook content in an OT unless the OT is rookgaard only :p the time we would waste working on rookgaard and dawnport/isle of vocations (don't remember its name) would be better used in the main continent where the majority of the players will be

Fair enough about rook, once I'm happy with my progress I'll make a pull request if that's OK with you?

For the shovel, I changed local ground = tile:getTopVisibleThing() in onUseShovel in data/actions/lib/actions.lua.

I'll have 8.0 version NPC files based on 7.4 spells ... but doubt that fits within your project

Also, I noticed that digging any ankrahmun sand will eventually spawn a scarab

This is really cool!
what client work with this? this OTclient github seems very outdated?

Is this data pack with the latest global updates or did it really stop at 10.77? I'm looking for an updated datapack.

Do you happen to know where I could get an updated datapack? Forgive me for using your thread to ask this, you seem to have a lot of knowledge... i'm just trying to setup a private server for me and friends...

Back