• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2 servers on same ip ?

Norse

Reaction score
Hello :)

I have a question.

Is it posible to run 2 servers on same ip ?

whit 2 computers.

Don't know.. possibly but with different login port...

You are also able to use multiworld... with one computer, same ip :p

uhm ok :p

Cuz i run a server right now, but my brother wants to run a server to xD

i know it works whit different ports, but what about 2 different home pages ? :s

uhm ok :p

Cuz i run a server right now, but my brother wants to run a server to xD

i know it works whit different ports, but what about 2 different home pages ? :s
Make Apache listen on 2 different ports OR split the websites' content into 2 subfolders.

Can you explain how i split the websites content into 2 subfolders ? xD

Ye, just move all the content from both sites into 2 folders inside httdocs or www depend of the web server u using, and then make a file named index.php and put this content, (Note you may edit it in order to fit your needs)

PHP:
<?php
	switch($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])
	{
		case 'your.server.ip':
			header('Location: /your_server_folder_name/');
        break;

case 'your.brothers.server.ip':
			header('Location: /your_brother_server_folder_name/');
		break;

default:
			die('wAt Ar U doIng Here?');
		break;
	}
?>

Ye, just move all the content from both sites into 2 folders inside httdocs or www depend of the web server u using, and then make a file named index.php and put this content, (Note you may edit it in order to fit your needs)

PHP:
<?php
	switch($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])
	{
		case 'your.server.ip':
			header('Location: /your_server_folder_name/');
        break;

case 'your.brothers.server.ip':
			header('Location: /your_brother_server_folder_name/');
		break;

default:
			die('wAt Ar U doIng Here?');
		break;
	}
?>

Great. Thnx :D

easy > complex and right method for persons with 0 knowledge

Is like gesior, unless someone release a better and easy-to-setup cms nobody (With nobody i mean leechers) will stop using it >.>

Also, if he didn't even knew how to make a subfolder into his www folder, (When in this case is almost one of the easiest task ever) do you really think he will take some of his time setting up a vHost?

Well, we better start to beat in some knowledge then. And I personally can't say that the method is any harder, just copy paste into the apache config file :p

Well, we better start to beat in some knowledge then. And I personally can't say that the method is any harder, just copy paste into the apache config file :p

I know, i myself have 4 of them actually, i was just stating facts :p, tbh i was going to post about vHost but then i though it would be a waste of time :p i will probb end up ignored (Happened few times already, when i always try to help xD).

Back