• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2rec//Mapping thread

I don't really know what to change. I'm just here appreciating your mapping art. You're very creative and you have your own unique abstract vision of mapping that I've been a fan of since the beginning.
It feels like you've been very certain about every other piece you've made, whilst this one is lacking your typical quirk.

i really enjoy your elven Village design and that "asian" style is not a big deal for me.

I really like how u combined the "windows" with the Framework walls, i like the Ground combination, the wooden fences near the grass, the combination of trees, the way you built the Buildings ( i like especially how you put the Floor borders on the Building walls). I dont know how Long you spent on this, but is really very creative and far from what most People are doing. Most People deliver 1-2 unique Things if any, but in contrast every single mapping piece you made contains countless interesting sprite combinations and ideas.

The only Thing that i dislike are the gray walls on the first Floor of houses. compared to the Framework walls and to the City Ground These gray walls look somehow pale. Maybe take another Kind of gray walls, one that doesnt Looks so pale.

cheers

edit: and Maybe the Streets are too wide and it might look strange if you walk around the City in game. but i am not sure in this one.

I would have to disagree with @Kaspar on this one..
I feel like 2Rec signatured is not really a certain style of mapping but more "capture the feeling/realistic" type.. he keeps to the theme and does it pretty much on point every time.
and i think its the same with this piece right here.

really love what you did with the mountain!
I like how you play with illusions of floors, always has.
The roof edges looks great to! its a nice piece of detail.
the small porch on the building fits the theme so well.

one thing i have to tell you that i dislike however is the fence inside the fence up on the mountain tho, it looks wierd, but at the same time, i get it.. just the brown fence would look a bit boring aswell so i do understand why its put there.

great piece overall! really like it.

Edit: everytime i update this thread new posts shows up before mine, so this might be a wierd comment haha OTland is making me look like a fool.

Last edited:
ahhhh I'm lovin this!!! Great usage of ground too, best combo i've seen yet for that mud. would love to play in that town for sure.

They are absolutely looking great!
And hey... They just look better than before!

"I can barely see a shiet" :D
Nice, climatic cave i didnt know that nowadays Tibia has glowing waterfalls XD

Back