• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

For me it looks like missing configuration in .tibia file in home directory. You need to edit the paths there to be absolute.

Mostly IDA Pro with Hex-Rays decompiler.
Ahh, but how would you find the corresponding place to edit from the findings in the decompiled code to the actual uncompiled binary?

Ahh, but how would you find the corresponding place to edit from the findings in the decompiled code to the actual uncompiled binary?

You can uncompile binary - with hex-rays plugin it lets u also convert functions into somewhat readable c-pseudocode, then you can keep going in pseudocode to change wrongly identified variables or structs to find out what the actual function does. The naming of the functions itself are mostly orginal source, so you can get an ease of flow pretty fast. You can also patch the binary with changes etc. It's never perfect like some references are wrong or missing, functions have wrong parameters etc. it's all about just going deep into it and try to figure out what does what. Knowing ASM instructions always helps as well. Hell with a more knowledge you could easily abstract or overidde some of the functionality of the gameserver and extend it for futher protocols, hardcoded items like potions etc. sort of like L2 Extender did for leaked Lineage 2 official files. They had files for Chronicle 3 iirc and made it possible to have server working with the later clients.

You can uncompile binary - with hex-rays plugin it lets u also convert functions into somewhat readable c-pseudocode, then you can keep going in pseudocode to change wrongly identified variables or structs to find out what the actual function does. The naming of the functions itself are mostly orginal source, so you can get an ease of flow pretty fast. You can also patch the binary with changes etc. It's never perfect like some references are wrong or missing, functions have wrong parameters etc. it's all about just going deep into it and try to figure out what does what. Knowing ASM instructions always helps as well. Hell with a more knowledge you could easily abstract or overidde some of the functionality of the gameserver and extend it for futher protocols, hardcoded items like potions etc. sort of like L2 Extender did for leaked Lineage 2 official files. They had files for Chronicle 3 iirc and made it possible to have server working with the later clients.
Thank you for explaining mate. I know about the compiling and it makes it somewhat understandable, but never knew you could change the code and patch the original binary. Really interesting and I gotta have a try at it. Thanks.

Finally running it on Debian 8 vps!

zuSjU6B.jpg

Lolz, you still try decompile them? Never noticed about someone who got source codes exept me... -_-''

It does seem to be changing the ring of healing/life ring regens amount as well. And I don't think those can be separated.

Are you really interested on reverse original CipSoft files? Well, my source codes, long time ago, has been full completed. But this has been near 10 years ago... and as i remember, i hardly modify them for my server. (Re-write, etc.) Well, "clean" sources not exists... But i may try to look on old HDD (if him still live) my MASM32 listings with all functions, my comments, some documentation. With that possible to restore original CipSoft source code. But also you should know what's means something like this:

Code:
 Mov Eax, DWord Ptr Ss:[Ebp + 8]
 IMul Eax, Eax, 195CH
 Movsx Ecx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4010H]
 Movsx Edx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E403CH]
 Add Ecx, Edx
 Mov Var1, Ecx
 Movsx Ecx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4012H]
 Movsx Edx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E403EH]
 Add Ecx, Edx
 Mov Var2, Ecx
 Movsx Ecx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4014H]
 Movsx Edx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4040H]
 Add Ecx, Edx
 Mov Var3, Ecx
 Movsx Ecx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4016H]
 Movsx Edx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4042H]
 Add Ecx, Edx
 Mov Var4, Ecx
 Xor Edx, Edx
 Xor Ecx, Ecx
 Mov Dx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4034H]
 Mov Cx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E4036H]
 Add Edx, Ecx
 Mov Var5, Edx
 Xor Edx, Edx
 Mov Dx, Word Ptr Ds:[Eax + 65E3FF4H]

What are these "(disguise)" tiles in the map?
Just as it says :p Can be a ground tile that can be picked, the tiles that makes SoF disappear among many others. Its basically normal looking tiles or items with different functionality.

On the topic of disguise items, there are many weird tiles, like in caves near dwarfbridge camp, that are disguised for unknown reasons. Maybe faults by the makers of the map. I've checked many of them and they don't have any actions tied with them. :p

On the topic of disguise items, there are many weird tiles, like in caves near dwarfbridge camp, that are disguised for unknown reasons. Maybe faults by the makers of the map. I've checked many of them and they don't have any actions tied with them. :p

Oh and why all mountains are disguised? Because of mining?

Hello guys, Thanks in advance for taking your time to read my post. So im here today because im having trouble trying to get these CIP files to actually run. Im reading the tutorial for these files but thats not helping me very much as the person didnt specify very much.

Is there anyone that can help me out at this step?

Tutorial Running Cipsoft Server Files

-Now unpack gameserver (released by BoneZ or Toor) you choose, BoneZ have binary 3x exp and Toor 1x.
Copy folder game to /home/, you cannot have permission to put directly to this folder, unpack in /home/yourusername, now use this comand in terminal:su mv /home/yourusername/game /home and click enter, now your game folder is in /home.

I dont understand what he means by "unpack gameserver". Does he mean unpack CIP virgin files? Unpack 7.7 OTServ files? I dont get it.

Can anyone stop talking about this thread!
i'm getting annoying!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Back