• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Skill number 14 is fed status (or regen, or whatever you call it), if that's what you mean.
As for the numbers saved for each skill in the .usr files, they are: SkNr, Act, Max, Min, DAct, MDAct, Cycle, MaxCycle, Count, MaxCount, AddLevel, Exp, FactorPercent, NextLevel, Delta.
Ok. Not sure what most of those mean, but noteworthy for sure.
Do you have a list of what the different 24 skill rows are as well?
I know they're like level, ml, health, mana, capacity, soul, drunk, speed, burning, energy, poison, all the skills, etc, but I have only implemented like half and lost my old usr.txt file that had noted most of them down, but I was still missing some of them, would've been nice if someone got them and was willing to share. I'm sure some other people are curious about them too :p

The thing is I haven't found the ticks fields by doing a diff analysis of the USR files.
So 1) I can't find those fields, and 2) It would've been much simpler for me if someone already had reversed/done an analysis of the USR files.
But if no one has I'll have to do it myself. Thanks for the response.
Ticks is done in source side, also think of ticks for the count min and count max of RealOTS, and cycles as the amount of cycles left for the condition to end.

Ticks is done in source side, also think of ticks for the count min and count max of RealOTS, and cycles as the amount of cycles left for the condition to end.
Right. Count goes down each second until 0, after which cycle is decreased by 1 and count set again to count max. And so on till no more cycles left.
For example, utani hur sets cycle = 6 and count = 10, which results in (10 + 1) * 6 = 66 seconds of total duration. Utani gran hur has 4 cycles, so 44 seconds (speaking of 7.4, since 7.6 it was shorter by half because of mana system update).

Some conditions are also made that the effect is weaker the less cycles left, e.g. light or drunk.
Light spells have cycle = radius and count = duration/radius; for utevo lux radius is 6 and duration 500. This results in 6 cycles of 84 seconds each (500/6 + 1), where after each cycle radius is decreased by 1 (so the light gets smaller). So, in total it lasts for 504 seconds, though you don't really see the last 84 seconds with radius = 1, because of the small light built in the client (others can still see it around your char though).

Ok. Not sure what most of those mean, but noteworthy for sure.
SkNr is skill number, Act is the actual value, Max and Min are exactly what they say, DAct and MDAct are modifiers for Act (items, spells), Cycle and Count as explained above, AddLevel says by what value the skill (Act) is increased upon advancement, Exp stands for the current experience points, FactorPercent is a multiplier to calculate exp needed for the next advance, NextLevel is the experience needed for the next advance, and Delta is also used to calculate the exp needed (it's a starting point in general, e.g. for melee fighting it's 50, for distance 30, shielding 100 etc.).

About those modifiers, the funny thing is that cip probably forgot to take them into account in SkillProbe function (based on skill). It's not a major bug (if it's even a bug), but it means that when you have an item that increases your skill, it will not have any effect in that function. E.g. if you'd have an armor that increases distance fighting - it would increase your damage, but NOT the hit chance. Or if you'd have an item that increases fishing skill, it wouldn't do anything at all, though you'd have a higher skill in your skills window.
Of coruse that was in 7.7, they could have fixed it already. In that version such armors didn't exist, and the only scenario that I can think of is destroying those stones with a pick - the chance is based on axe fighting and axe ring wouldn't increase it.

Last edited:
Protection and skills are not taken into account for shields and weapons, as far as I remember. Level and profession restrictions do work though.
Thanks for confirming, kay. It does indeed seem like this is the case. Then I have some re-balancing to do :)

I don't mind, but I'm writing it down from my memory. I can confirm later. But think it went as following:
(rand()%100 + rand()%100) / 2 * [value * stance] * (50 + skill * 5) / 10000
Distance attacks (of players) used the same formula. It's something close to triangular distribution.
kay, could you confirm this is the correct formula?

I'm trying to create a damage calculator that takes into account monster's armor and defend stats (not sure what defend even is, similar to shielding?) Basically, a way for you to enter your own weapon skill/atk and see the distribution of damage to any given monster.

Ideally, I'd like to also do the same but for damage taken, based on your own shielding skill, shield defend value, total armor, and any damage protection offsets.

Did u guys figured that OJOS SAINT has infinite items on DP? He got evicted from his house and the items are repeated infinitely. I wasted some time trying to reach the end.

But it is a fact that all items are repeated in the order that they are removed from the DP.

I came across several other chars who were evicted from their homes, but only in his case did this happen, a bug perhaps? Did he take advantage of that? Did it really happen on the server or is it a bug in these files?

Last edited:
Did u guys figured that OJOS SAINT has infinite items on DP? He got evicted from his house and the items are repeated infinitely. I wasted some hours trying to reach the end.

But it is a fact that all items are repeated in the order that they are removed from the DP.

I came across several other chars who were evicted from their homes, but only in his case did this happen, a bug perhaps? Did he take advantage of that? Did it really happen on the server or is it a bug in these files?

Mystery.

What? He had some items in his depot (not so many) and some in the house, but there's nothing weird and no such a bug.

Hmm. It's like he was evicted from his house, the items are in the DP. Probably some bug in my data, Im letting the record here btw. The loop is infinite, never ends. ojossaint on Vimeo (https://player.vimeo.com/video/913898879?h=3b42ffaae6)
He hadn't been evicted, he still owned that house at the time the files were stolen. He gets evicted in your server because you haven't updated the owners to the current times. And the reason why those items are repeated is probably that you overwrote the map and owners to the original ones multiple times, but not the .usr file, so he eventually ended up with multiplied items from several evictions.

hey guys whats'up? i having a problem with the god commands, when i try to summon a monster with 2 names like "dwarf soldier" or get a item like "fire sword", doesn't works.. anyone have a idea?

I've always find it satisfying to work with CIP file format inside OT servers, it's a pain in the butt to work with LUA and XML, fuck that shit.

onanmvv.jpg

HSdNC3b.jpg

0KHj57Y.jpg

v2VseZS.jpg

mmycE7V.jpg
I'm guessing there's no chance you'd release this to the public? :)

Fair enough :) I've successfully done some map editing by writing a script that randomly adds "stuff" (trees, bushes, etc) to one of the empty islands, but for more advanced mapping it would be nice to have a more complete GUI. I'll see what I can whip up if time allows.

On another note, when I have the attention of one of the experts around :) I did a naive thing yesterday and added a new item to Tibia.spr/Tibia.dat via the object builder. Since originally the item IDs go from 1 to 5090 I created a new one, 5091, put a sword sprite on it, and re-compiled. On the server I edited objects.dat with a new entry for 5091 corresponding to a sword. The server save went fine but when I logged on to the admin char and did alevo 5091 the client crashes with this message:

Debug Assertion 7.7 Objects.cpp 267
Sat Feb 24 09:50:51 2024
Windows Version: 6.1 build 7601 on 2 with Service Pack 1
Graphic Engine: 1
Last Packet Types: 120 120 120 131 100 011 010 100 020 000
Last Packet: 161 006 010 161 134 001 000 050 000 001 011 171 171 171 171 171
Player Position: [32316,31942,7]
Player.cpp 380: exception occurred, reason:
Network.cpp 885: exception occurred (ErrorCode = 0), reason:
Control.cpp 1302: exception occurred (Type = 120), reason:
Communication.cpp 1973: exception occurred (Position = 6) (Type = 5091), reason:
Objects.cpp 270: exception occurred (Type = 5091) (Flag = 5), reason:
Objects.cpp 267: assertion failed (Type = 5091) (ObjectProperties->high() = 5090), reason:
In(Type,ObjectProperties->low(),ObjectProperties->high())

So it seems like something's wrong ObjectProperties (defined in Objects.cpp, but that has to be compiled into the gamefile?) doesn't allow values over 5090, does that seem correct? And do you think this could be edited to allow inserting additional items in the game?

Fair enough :) I've successfully done some map editing by writing a script that randomly adds "stuff" (trees, bushes, etc) to one of the empty islands, but for more advanced mapping it would be nice to have a more complete GUI. I'll see what I can whip up if time allows.

On another note, when I have the attention of one of the experts around :) I did a naive thing yesterday and added a new item to Tibia.spr/Tibia.dat via the object builder. Since originally the item IDs go from 1 to 5090 I created a new one, 5091, put a sword sprite on it, and re-compiled. On the server I edited objects.dat with a new entry for 5091 corresponding to a sword. The server save went fine but when I logged on to the admin char and did alevo 5091 the client crashes with this message:

So it seems like something's wrong ObjectProperties (defined in Objects.cpp, but that has to be compiled into the gamefile?) doesn't allow values over 5090, does that seem correct? And do you think this could be edited to allow inserting additional items in the game?
You can perfectly edit the map with the one that has been shared here

Thank you! I guess I should try stuff myself instead of going by what some people post here; you were right, it does work to edit the files. Some notes that may be useful for others:
  • I couldn't get it to work on Linux using Wine, I had to use a Windows VM
  • I couldn't get it to work using custom Tibia.dat/Tibia.spr files, you have to use the ones included

Back