• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Does anyone know how to make the GMs work? Over here they just look like normal citizens and I cant use any GM spells.

I've been running this server for roughly 2 months now.
I must say it's incredibly stable, and as soon as you get the automatic-server restart fixed it's as easy as 1-2-3 to keep it up and running.

The server is running on a headless VPS on a remote location. It's running on Ubuntu 14.04 using 2 cores and 4GB ram. Despite that I get the occasional 100% usage on one CPU core. The game itself hovers between the 15 and 23% of the available RAM.

In order to make sure reboot works properly;

goto your /bin folder and open up reboot-daily using the following commands. Make sure the base location of your game-folder is in
Code:
home/game/
Edit this reboot-daily file using the following command:
Code:
nano reboot-daily
Code:
If the automatic reboot doesn't work it could be a limited number of things that prevent you from rebooting automatically upon server save.

Open the files using notepad++/Atom/Sublime etc.

Check line 1 in reboot-daily. In my case it said #!/bin/sh which prevented me from rebooting automatically.

Line 1:  #!/bin/bash

Check line 4: BASE="/home/game"
Make sure your path correspondents with the actual location of the game folder. If it's located elsewhere change it to represent the actual location. E.g. BASE="/home/[USERNAME]/game"

Finally lines 55 to 61.
If your game file has been renamed to reflect certain versions, changes etc. (E.g. you've changed the virgin binaries to bonez-libs) make sure you edit the filename in these lines:

# Neues game binary
if test -x bin/game.new ; then
  rm -f bin/game.old
  mv -f bin/game bin/game.old
  mv -f bin/game.new bin/game
  echo -en "Using now a new game binary.\n" >> $MAILBODY
fi

Upon boot it supposedly sends an e-mail to [email protected]. There is no need to change this, if your server hasn't got any e-mail capabilities installed.

If all these changes were successful, but mostly if they were necessary it should work. If it's already correct, don't change it.

Hi! Sorry to bump this old reply but I was wondering if I could get some more details on how you (or someone else) solved the server save/reboot?

I am running my server based on Silver Fern's guide (Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/)), so to start everything I run (1) the query manager, (2) /home/game/bin/game and (3) the login server. I start them all via a bash script as background processes (nohup, &) and everything works, except the daily reboot. I have tried editing reboot-daily as you suggest, and also to replace it with my on script (which basically kills and restarts the services manually), but to no avail.

Thanks!

Community,

TL;DR: tibia-game.tarball.tar (https://www.mediafire.com/file/4v8kulk4nfg0hgc/tibia-game.tarball.tar.gz/file)

I've uploaded the entire Cipsoft distribution, available at the link below. The tarball is the original tarball that was transferred from the Zanera game world to my Redhat workstation, over a decade ago. All files are untouched and offers you a genuine look into history. Everything is original, including the game binary.

For those who have already downloaded the modified distribution this offers little new, other than that the binaries are unmodified (including the EXP/regen rates in the game server binary), NPCs are 100% original, and the monster loot is exactly how it should be.

This release also exposes that some quests of which I have always maintained were solvable are in fact not. I said so because hope is always the last thing to die. Hope brings life.

Having said that I want to shortly address the history about the origin of the files. They were obtained when a social engineering attack escalated into a root compromise of nearly all the US servers and at least one German server. There was no sorcery involved.

SimOne was the first third party to have the complete distribution. Remere the second, although possibly only in part. Talaturen (aka Mark) had some of the NPC files. Ryan offered me 5K for the distribution, but it never came to a deal.

After RealOTS came to an end I befriended Iryont. First I gave him all the correct strings and positions for books, and later on I decided I liked him enough to give him the full distribution for free. He improved Tibianic a lot by assimilating the data into his server. Ezzz also has the full distribution as he's passionate about Tibia, and wished to use it to learn from it. The distribution also changed hands two or three times.

Given the wide spread leak of the files and the inaccuracies that have been left unchallenged I felt the need to address the above and to release the original tarball to the community. It's for educational purposes only. There's no query manager (Credits to SimOne to write the initial basic QM) and no login server. If you want to get this to work, there's other threads and people you can turn to for assistance.

Back in my Tibia playing days I was the only person that knew you could exchange life crystals for life rings. I told two other players, whom I considered friends. Within a week the 'secret' was sold by the highest levels on the server for 750K. I then decided to post the solution of the life crystal 'quest' on the Wiki (Erig's site I believe) and within a week or two it was known throughout the entire Tibia universe. Moral of the story: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

The link is here:

Is there any map editor that edit map/quests for hacked files maps?

My experience has been that people have basically done that anyway. Knights and paladins would go off to train and come back with high enough magic level for their spells. Still, your suggestion to use magic levels instead of just changing it to level 1 is much better, of course, so I went ahead and fixed that.
And yeah, the SkillModification change would have just been a band-aid fix.
Anyway, thanks a lot for pointing out things to change. I didn't really intend for this to be much more than a little patch to change what I find to be the most annoying parts about the 7.6 magic system, but you really helped make it more than that. I really appreciate it.

A summary of all the changes:

Manafluids
Average mana from manafluids lowered from 100 to 50​

Spells & runes
Now requires magic levels to learn.​
mlvls, mana, charges, and mlvl to use taken from internet archive​

Skills
Magic level constants lowered from 1600 to 400​
Fist, sword, axe, club, distance, and shielding constants lowered from 2x-3x to 1x​

Regen
Life Ring's and Rings of Healing's mana regen lowered from 4 to 1.​
Mana regen from eating food lowered from 2 to 1​
Mana regen interval has been doubled for all vocations​

Manafluids
Price increased from 55gp to 100gp​

Spells
NPCs changed to check for magic levels instead of levels when teaching spells​
NPCs tells you which spells you can learn based on magic levels instead of levels​

All changes, with their addresses, values, and what those values mean are included in the archive.

Could some kind soul please explain what exactly I need to do to apply these changes? I'm going through the steps of setting up my first OT to play on by myself and I have zero knowledge about how anything works. Making this change is one of my last steps and I would greatly appreciate any help.
Also, I assume soul points still remain despite these changes, so if anyone knows any way to deal with those I would love that information too.

Could some kind soul please explain what exactly I need to do to apply these changes? I'm going through the steps of setting up my first OT to play on by myself and I have zero knowledge about how anything works. Making this change is one of my last steps and I would greatly appreciate any help.
Also, I assume soul points still remain despite these changes, so if anyone knows any way to deal with those I would love that information too.
Can skip this, I found out how to do it.

My server suddenly won't launch anymore, as I get the error in the attached picture whenever I try to launch the game server. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I used the quick install so I don't have much understanding of the files or how anything works.

Attachments

My server suddenly won't launch anymore, as I get the error in the attached picture whenever I try to launch the game server. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I used the quick install so I don't have much understanding of the files or how anything works.
You have a server running already (busy port), check that you have no other app or service using the ports and try again.

You have a server running already (busy port), check that you have no other app or service using the ports and try again.

Ahh. When it was bugging during a shutdown it must've caused an effect like that. I tried powering off my VM instead of saving the machine state, and it went back to normal. Thanks a bunch, now I also know what's up the next time it happens.

Hello! Could someone please give me some tips to open this server to a restricted public? I want to allow some friends to play... already tried almost everything haha My server is running in Ubuntu OS in a dedicated pc

Hello! Could someone please give me some tips to open this server to a restricted public? I want to allow some friends to play... already tried almost everything haha My server is running in Ubuntu OS in a dedicated pc
Do you have trouble opening your server to the public overall, or just allowing only your friends to connect?
Post automatically merged:

Hi! Sorry to bump this old reply but I was wondering if I could get some more details on how you (or someone else) solved the server save/reboot?

I am running my server based on Silver Fern's guide (Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/)), so to start everything I run (1) the query manager, (2) /home/game/bin/game and (3) the login server. I start them all via a bash script as background processes (nohup, &) and everything works, except the daily reboot. I have tried editing reboot-daily as you suggest, and also to replace it with my on script (which basically kills and restarts the services manually), but to no avail.

Thanks!

If it's not obvious to everyone I'd like to point that the reboot script works, just make sure you use the correct shebang for your OS (i.e., #!/bin/sh or #!/bin/bash, etc) and set the correct permissions. It is also possible to add/remove stuff from the daily reboot script, I use that to update dynamic content on the webpage.

My server has been running flawlessly for 50+ days now with zero issues. A lot of fun and nostalgia!

I have a question about modifying in-game items, specifically shields. It is possible to add vocation requirements, damage protection and skillboosts. However, this does not seem to work for shields, at least not skillboosts. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

I have a question about modifying in-game items, specifically shields. It is possible to add vocation requirements, damage protection and skillboosts. However, this does not seem to work for shields, at least not skillboosts. Can anyone confirm this is the case?
Protection and skills are not taken into account for shields and weapons, as far as I remember. Level and profession restrictions do work though.

Anyone reversed USR structure and/or got the original formula for spells (computeDamage) to share? owo
If you mean .usr files, they are pretty straightforward. Each field is self-described by its name.
As for ComputeDamage, it's just damage +- variation, based on rand, multiplied by (level * 2 + mlevel * 3) and then divided by 100. There is also an 'if' condition that for spell flag & 4 the spell power (that bracket) is going to be max 100, while for the flag & 8 it is min 100.
As far as I remember, the only spell that has flag & 4 is exori, because it actually uses a different formula, based on level only, after calling ComputeDamage. All the healing spells and a few others, e.g. hmm, have minimum power of 100.

Last edited:
If you mean .usr files, they are pretty straightforward. Each field is self-described by its name.
As for ComputeDamage, it's just damage +- variation, based on rand, multiplied by (level * 2 + mlevel * 3) and then divided by 100. There is also an 'if' condition that for spell flag & 4 the spell power (that bracket) is going to be max 100, while for the flag & 8 it is min 100.
As far as I remember, the only spell that has flag & 4 is exori, because it actually uses a different formula, based on level only, after calling ComputeDamage. All the healing spells and a few others, e.g. hmm, have minimum power of 100.
Thanks. I've got some help on the spells front by someone else (haven't heard from @AzlanK yet), but your answer may have been more specific and helpful as a result.

By USR I was thinking of all the skill fields. I've parsed the entire USR contents many months ago, but I'm not sure where everything is stored inside the skills table.
I found "satiated" or the opposite of "hunger" for example, but there seems to be a "hp ticks" and "mana ticks" field, because if you constantly relog on realots the server will still slowly increment your health and mana, so the ticks must be stored either inside the skills table or they're only tracked at runtime as special player variables, but I suspect they're in the skills table as everything else is there, like all kind of conditions.

The thing is I haven't found the ticks fields by doing a diff analysis of the USR files.
So 1) I can't find those fields, and 2) It would've been much simpler for me if someone already had reversed/done an analysis of the USR files.
But if no one has I'll have to do it myself. Thanks for the response.

By USR I was thinking of all the skill fields. I've parsed the entire USR contents many months ago, but I'm not sure where everything is stored inside the skills table.
I found "satiated" or the opposite of "hunger" for example, but there seems to be a "hp ticks" and "mana ticks" field, because if you constantly relog on realots the server will still slowly increment your health and mana, so the ticks must be stored either inside the skills table or they're only tracked at runtime as special player variables, but I suspect they're in the skills table as everything else is there, like all kind of conditions.

The thing is I haven't found the ticks fields by doing a diff analysis of the USR files.
So 1) I can't find those fields, and 2) It would've been much simpler for me if someone already had reversed/done an analysis of the USR files.
But if no one has I'll have to do it myself. Thanks for the response.
Skill number 14 is fed status (or regen, or whatever you call it), if that's what you mean.
As for the numbers saved for each skill in the .usr files, they are: SkNr, Act, Max, Min, DAct, MDAct, Cycle, MaxCycle, Count, MaxCount, AddLevel, Exp, FactorPercent, NextLevel, Delta.

Back