• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Here: MEGA (sql is also inside)
Thanks mate, already digged it out after multiple sites reaserach.

I got only one question more.

Im able to see the character list but cannot login - wrong account number or password error.

Ofc i've read whole thread multiple times and some of ppl state its the lib problem + some state its connected with wrong ports at loginserver/client. Im just confused - libs were typo when another OS in use then CentOS3.1 like 7 or ubuntu.

So far i start with CentOS3.1 for game server+ubuntu for query,login,mysql.

Used loginserver for forgotten and config.lua:

-- Connection Config
ip = "192.168.1.200" <- addres of centos interface
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
port = 7172 <-must be this one - when changed i cannot see character list
statusProtocolPort = 7171 <- should stay like this?
statusTimeout = 5000
maxPacketsPerSecond = 25

and

gameserver configured like this:
<server id="0" name="RealOTS" ip="192.168.1.200" port="7172" />

Already HEX edited in client the IP addresses how ever i am not sure where to change the PORT 7171 to 7172.

Do i need to hex edit the port aswell in client?
If yes then in which section? Found multiple hex O3 1C (reversed 7171 hex value) or this client dont have the reverse port trick?

Will make couple test today but maybe some1 know then aswer to speed my work a little? Or maybe its a wrong loginserver that i use?

i used this one:
GitHub - HeavenIsLost/realotsloginserver

1. Client hex editing done right with port aswell.
2. Ive read again whole this thread and decide to migrate to CentOS7 - seems my problem should be solved via libs fix.

Will start soon - will post feedback after all

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, already digged it out after multiple sites reaserach.

I got only one question more.

Im able to see the character list but cannot login - wrong account number or password error.

Ofc i've read whole thread multiple times and some of ppl state its the lib problem + some state its connected with wrong ports at loginserver/client. Im just confused - libs were typo when another OS in use then CentOS3.1 like 7 or ubuntu.

So far i start with CentOS3.1 for game server+ubuntu for query,login,mysql.

Used loginserver for forgotten and config.lua:

-- Connection Config
ip = "192.168.1.200" <- addres of centos interface
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
port = 7172 <-must be this one - when changed i cannot see character list
statusProtocolPort = 7171 <- should stay like this?
statusTimeout = 5000
maxPacketsPerSecond = 25

and

gameserver configured like this:
<server id="0" name="RealOTS" ip="192.168.1.200" port="7172" />

Already HEX edited in client the IP addresses how ever i am not sure where to change the PORT 7171 to 7172.

Do i need to hex edit the port aswell in client?
If yes then in which section? Found multiple hex O3 1C (reversed 7171 hex value) or this client dont have the reverse port trick?

Will make couple test today but maybe some1 know then aswer to speed my work a little? Or maybe its a wrong loginserver that i use?

i used this one:
GitHub - HeavenIsLost/realotsloginserver

1. Client hex editing done right with port aswell.
2. Ive read again whole this thread and decide to migrate to CentOS7 - seems my problem should be solved via libs fix.

Will start soon - will post feedback after all

Make sure that your mysql user and password is correct everywhere in main.cpp (querymanager).

And don't forget to recompile it.

Okey guys,

Finally getting character list from login server and got a time out when connecting to game worls (client changed with ip address only).

So i bet its "lib issue". Many of You mentioned about other/edited game binary. Ofc dennislibs are placed in /lib directory.
Whats next? Do i have to/am i able to modify libs in binary in easy way? Is it stuff like find and replace ?

Or could some1 upload for me the modified binary?

Think i figured it out - do not answer for previous post yet :)

Okey guys,

Finally getting character list from login server and got a time out when connecting to game worls (client changed with ip address only).

So i bet its "lib issue". Many of You mentioned about other/edited game binary. Ofc dennislibs are placed in /lib directory.
Whats next? Do i have to/am i able to modify libs in binary in easy way? Is it stuff like find and replace ?

Or could some1 upload for me the modified binary?

Think i figured it out - do not answer for previous post yet :)
[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

how work items drop from monsters?
for example: cyclops drop meat and ham, sometimes meat and ham drop outside of lootbag and sometimes inside, and in cipsoftfiles dont even show a bag as a loot, someone know how this works?

how work items drop from monsters?
for example: cyclops drop meat and ham, sometimes meat and ham drop outside of lootbag and sometimes inside, and in cipsoftfiles dont even show a bag as a loot, someone know how this works?

The loot bag is added depending on the item drop.

You know the correct order of the drops that go in the lootbag and in what occasions the food go inside the bag and not?

There is no such thing as order, the items are added as they are dropped, what is added in the bag depends server side, like light sources, ammunition, etc ...

This is really amazing! As a former player with unbearable nostalgia, I can't wait to run my own 1x server.

Although I would prefer to run a TFS 1.x server, I guess there are no open source projects/distributions that come anywhere close to the accuracy these files offer. (Especially with regards to monster/damage behaviour). If anyone knows such a project, please let me know, would love to contribute as a programmer.

PS. anyone happens to know how to increase the spawn times as-if the server had 1050 people on them?

This is really amazing! As a former player with unbearable nostalgia, I can't wait to run my own 1x server.

Although I would prefer to run a TFS 1.x server, I guess there are no open source projects/distributions that come anywhere close to the accuracy these files offer. (Especially with regards to monster/damage behaviour). If anyone knows such a project, please let me know, would love to contribute as a programmer.

PS. anyone happens to know how to increase the spawn times as-if the server had 1050 people on them?

www.realotsblog.wordpress.com

You can make a 1/1 replica with TFS, although now on my free time I'm writing a server from scratch :p

Hi Ezzz, that was a great read, thanks. Seeing how you started a new project, have you considered releasing your RealOTS 2016 source? I would gladly get started on a PR towards the TFS code ..

Hi Ezzz, that was a great read, thanks. Seeing how you started a new project, have you considered releasing your RealOTS 2016 source? I would gladly get started on a PR towards the TFS code ..

No :(

Does anyone have the source code for /bin/game ? Has it been released ? Is it worth reverse engineering it if not released?

Cipsoft wasn't that rookie in hosting the game-server with the sources. There are no sources for the real engine.

It isn't worth to reverse-engineer that or to run the server in any way if you have no idea of what you're doing or if you want to modify stuff. A lot of people did many modifications to the binaries, that involves a little bit of knowledge, though.

Regards,
Okke

Cipsoft wasn't that rookie in hosting the game-server with the sources. There are no sources for the real engine.

It isn't worth to reverse-engineer that or to run the server in any way if you have no idea of what you're doing or if you want to modify stuff. A lot of people did many modifications to the binaries, that involves a little bit of knowledge, though.

Regards,
Okke

I actually was rewriting the entire thing in C++, but guess what, I formatted and I lost the sources because I forgot to commit to github publicly.
I will try to find some time again to start doing it again, what was possible was move items, talking, multiple players logging in, channels, and of course, using objects.srv parser and CipSoft sector loading system, basically a 1/1 clone of the thing attempt.

Regards,
Okke

1. I do know what i'm doing :p.
2. I have read that a lot of stuff (like exp, spells, etc..) is hard coded, i'm just asking if it is worth, to see if anyone know anything interesting about the source :).

I actually was rewriting the entire thing in C++, but guess what, I formatted and I lost the sources because I forgot to commit to github publicly.
I will try to find some time again to start doing it again, what was possible was move items, talking, multiple players logging in, channels, and of course, using objects.srv parser and CipSoft sector loading system, basically a 1/1 clone of the thing attempt.

That's basically what i'm trying to achieve. I'll start to work on it tonight!
If anyone is interested or want to help, please let me know.

Joe Kerr.

Back