• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 (Cipsoft Files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone found monster AI script?

I did not understand the LoseTarget property on the monsters files.

Banshe got the value 3, Orshabaal got 10 and all the distance target creatures like amazon,warlock got it as 50. How it works? Another thing, when changing target, it will ignore the current target and use the Strategy property to get the new target? I have done a bit of reverse engineering on the binary but it was not clear that i would use the Strategy property each time it search for a new target.

Yeah, i did my own implementation based on that. It would mean that warlock would change target like a crazy bitch lol.

Orshabaal estrategy:
Strategy = (70, 10, 10, 10)

The four estrategies based on your blogpost are:
Nearest target
Lower health
Most damage
Random

Orshabaal got 70% change of searching the nearest target, 10% the most lower health, 10% the most damage and 10% random target.

Its way better than opentibia default targeting A.I.

The point is that the change target strategy don't force you to a new target. Warlock check for a new target 50% times each second, and always pick the nearest one, as all others ranged monsters. It's easy to replicate at OTservers, just set change target chance for ranged monster for 50, go to monsters.cpp and search for case TARGETSEARCH_NEAREST, change it so the list of pickable targets contains the current one, and it's done.

Anyone got it running yet?;]

The point is that the change target strategy don't force you to a new target. Warlock check for a new target 50% times each second, and always pick the nearest one, as all others ranged monsters. It's easy to replicate at OTservers, just set change target chance for ranged monster for 50, go to monsters.cpp and search for case TARGETSEARCH_NEAREST, change it so the list of pickable targets contains the current one, and it's done.
@Ezzz can you confirm this?
On the real engine, which the value of any monster targetchange interval? 1 second? 2 seconds?
Does the targeting system ignores the current target when searching for a new target?

On the real engine, which the value of any monster targetchange interval? 1 second? 2 seconds?
Does the targeting system ignores the current target when searching for a new target?
1 second, it does ignore - see orc spearman, hunter, minotaur archer, witch - even low lv dist monsters change target
I'm almost 100% sure they search for targets faster than actually shoot

1 second, it does ignore - see orc spearman, hunter, minotaur archer, witch - even low lv dist monsters change target
I'm almost 100% sure they search for targets faster than actually shoot
With a 50% of target change each 1 second, warlock would change target like a crazy bitch if there is two players or more.

You can grab any cam and just check it yourself, ranged monsters will stick to the target forever unless some player stay at the same range, and will fast as hell change to closest target one a player came closer then the current target.

This is an interesting release. Am also surprised it took so long to see these files available. However, it's not worth the trouble of hosting these exact files, at least not for me.

But it's nice to see, nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.

CipSoft monsters don't use delay for anything, not even connection processing, or creature processing.
That means that monsters search for target every time without delays.

can anyone setup tutorial to set this thinks up

If these files were useless cause modified, why did you take em down Dennis?

@ is it possible to look for unsolved quests or all is crypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back