• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.8 Monsters

Byte

Reaction score
Is it possible to use 7.8 monster files on a 7.72 server? would they work? If not can I at least use the sprites for a custom monster?

I guess the question is how? :p Do I have to edit the .spr file or just use the 7.8 .spr file and replace the 7.72 one?

well if you replace 7.72 1 w/ 7.8 you'll lose all old sprites. easiest way would be to add sprites to the 7.72 one and make a custom client.

need to find a OTitemEditor & a Dat editor that'll work with your client version, do some searchin on OTLand

Few questions:
-The oldest working link I could find of OTitemeditor was one for 7.8 but i don't think that would work would it?
-Also, is it necessary to make a custom client?
-If I want to edit existing sprites for custom monsters (for example, taking the sprite of a dragon and making it black instead of green) do I need a dat editor or just Otitemeditor? Also, would I need a custom client?

Thanks in advance.

here is your answer
if there is any monster not founded in spr or dat
ofc it will make an awesome debug xD

i mean if max look id in dat is 300
if there any monster with id 301+
u will get debug .. etc with other things

Few questions:
-The oldest working link I could find of OTitemeditor was one for 7.8 but i don't think that would work would it?
-If I want to edit existing sprites for custom monsters (for example, taking the sprite of a dragon and making it black instead of green) do I need a dat editor or just Otitemeditor? Also, would I need a custom client?

Thanks in advance.

here is my answer

u can find OTItemEditor just search about it in tools section

if you will use custom things yes !! custom sprite = custom client

edited monster means new sprites = spr editor and dat editor
otitemeditor is just to edit items not monsters and it use existing sprites because otitemeditor read items from spr and dat

Back