• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.4][Login Server] The Forgotten Server 0.3 beta 3 for multiworld. Tutorial included

I do not know because users have difficulty in doing this. Nobody taught me this when I was seeking some information on the multiworld the lef had closed the topic of a person. So I had to learn alone, and that is what users have to do, some want to have everything ready and just run, no effort is made by which.

When a user asked me about the multiworld, I just gave the details of how to not give anything done, because the person does not consider his effort on this, she just wants to suck you, and take advantage! :mad:

And in English that means?

So. Let's refresh this thread with combination of all spoilers ^^,

Server should be compiled in console version, as gui does not accept argv. Make 2 copies of config, first name login.lua, second worldname.lua. In login.lua set worldId to 0 and port to 7171, in worldname.lua worldId to 1, port to 7172 and set loginOnlyWithLoginServer to "yes". Open servers.xml, remove <server~ entries, and add <server id="1" name="worldname" ip="internet ip" port="7172"/>.
Run command line, change dir to your server, type theforgottenserver.exe --config=login.lua, minimize it.
Open second command line, change dir to your server, and type theforgottenserver.exe --config=worldname.lua, minimize also.
Now you may login.

For people who are using 0.3 already- you have default worldId 0 for your server. So if you want to run it without database modifications, set in login.lua worldId to 1 and in worldname.lua worldId to 0.
worldname.lua is of course for example narozia.lua- replace with your name.

Now Elf made TFSLoginServer as something like separate application:

[tfls] Index of /tags/0.1

or for lazy users, link to TAR file (compressed):

http://svn.otland.net/public/viewvc.cgi/tags/0.1.tar.gz?root=tfls&view=tar

(on GNU GPL, contained in LICENSE file)

Hm, I won't tell how to compile this, and I won't release it there, because (as Elf said) you people want everything to be made for you already ready to doubleckick & run. Sorry.

Thanks for the tutorial. But I'm still having a problem with my gameserver.

I have started one login-server(compiled with "-D__LOGIN_SERVER__" and has its own config file called "config.lua" as usual)

The gameserver "Sanera" is compiled as any ot server except that it has its own config file (Sanera.lua).

Here is my server.xml file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<servers>
	<server id="1" name="Sanera" address="127.0.0.1" port="7172"/>
</servers>

In the config.lua(login-server config file) I changed all ports to 7171. On the Sanera.lua file I changed all ports to 7172 to avoid any port conflict between the login-server or the gameserver.

When I was done, I successfully started the login-server first. Then I started the gameserver Sanera without any problems. But I couldn't login on my character, I can see it on the characterlist but I can't login.

(Note that both config files and both servers are in the same map. I didn't make any copy of the rest of the files.)

Did I do anything wrong or did I misunderstand everything? I do know that I need one login-server and many gameservers with different ports. I did only one gameserver just for testing. So what have I missed? Please help me.

Oh, I forgot to tell that I did change worldId to 0 in the login-server config file, and in Sanera.lua I changed it to 1.

lol, post next time in your first post instead of making 2. (Double posting)

Back