• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.42] The Forgotten Server v0.2.1 (Mystic Spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you don't like their work then just go to another forum and search another better server.. I'm sure you won't find one.

At the time there are no better server to turn to. Now I'm not going to post to you again, I'm telling you that the otservlist blocking was a bit selfish. People should be free to use any list they want and Talaturen knows very well how many people are using his distro and he knows how this move will affect otservlist/The TFS users. All because something happened between Xinn and him, and now every TFS&otservlist user will be affected. What do you think will happen later in the future? Do we want more things like this? (Don't answer, just sit and think about it.)

@NilssoN, that's true. But I'll be active on both.

@Talaturen, I don't wish to be disrespectful in any way and I appreciate your work very much. The only thing I'm asking for is to remove this piece of code.

I'm sure he will.

Good luck.

@Talaturen, I don't wish to be disrespectful in any way and I appreciate your work very much. The only thing I'm asking for is to remove this piece of code.

It will be "removed" in 0.2.2 (the blacklist code will be rewritten so we can handle it in an easier way), we will give xinn a chance to unban us by leaving his serverlist "unbanned" from The Forgotten Server status protocol for a week. We didn't spoof data, and we didn't DDoS his serverlist. I've not heard of any valid reason to ban our servers from him, it's all made up shit to piss me off and now we TFS developers will be having our revenge.

The code in 0.2.1 was just the beginning... we didn't want to do it but xinn isn't giving us any choice.

Good luck.

It will be "removed" in 0.2.2 (the blacklist code will be rewritten so we can handle it in an easier way), we will give xinn a chance to unban us by leaving his serverlist "unbanned" from The Forgotten Server status protocol for a week. We didn't spoof data, and we didn't DDoS his serverlist. I've not heard of any valid reason to ban our servers from him, it's all made up shit to piss me off and now we TFS developers will be having our revenge.

The code in 0.2.1 was just the beginning... we didn't want to do it but xinn isn't giving us any choice.

Maybe it's time for you to start think about your users who maybe wants to use his list. If you want revenge, do in an other way and not through TFS, it will affect us users. ...and yes, you do have a choice.

Maybe it's time for you to start think about your users who maybe wants to use his list. If you want revenge, do in an other way and not through TFS, it will affect us users. ...and yes, you do have a choice.

That's what you should tell xinn, but does he care about anything else than the money? It's not a choice for me to watch him have the most popular list and ignore the users when they get banned because his dataspoof detection code failed. That's why we're blacklisting it and soon we'll start to promote ots-list.org because we can actually talk to the owner of that serverlist without having to wait for a month and then hear that he doesn't care.

I really hate otservshit for banning one of my servers long time ago, without ANY reason. I also wasn't spoofing anything, even though that was the offical 'reason'. I then tried to contact him for months without success. Websites with such admins shouldn't exist and I fully support Tala as I know how it feels to be completely ignored. Let's have a revenge :w00t:

I changed some things at this ots/ 50 new chars from rl servers, all ppl can attac their team etc.

Forgotten 8.42.rar

That's what you should tell xinn, but does he care about anything else than the money? It's not a choice for me to watch him have the most popular list and ignore the users when they get banned because his dataspoof detection code failed. That's why we're blacklisting it and soon we'll start to promote ots-list.org because we can actually talk to the owner of that serverlist without having to wait for a month and then hear that he doesn't care.

Yeah, it's his responsibility to talk to you about your ban. You got a point.

I changed some things at this ots/ 50 new chars from rl servers, all ppl can attac their team etc.

Forgotten 8.42.rar

Lol you didnt passed the virus check to open your own thread?

Thanks! This post should be deleted lol maybe there is a virus..:huh:

g++ -I. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -Werror -Wall -O1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -D__NO_HOMEDIR_CONF__ -D__USE_MYSQL__ -D__USE_SQLITE__ -c connection.cpp
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
server.h:42: warning: 'class ServiceBase' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
make: *** [connection.o] Error 1

cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors

hmm ? try to update ur gcc.

hey does anyone else gets some sort of problem with pallys? you get exhausted from shooting arrows so you cannot use sds... how can i fix this? will it be fixed in the next update??

mapStorageType = "relational"
What does it mean and what are the options and what each one does?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back