• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.6] Vinivine's Re-mapping Rookgaard Project

ViniVine

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just a quick disclaimer before any content. This project is nowhere near to be done properly nor promised to be finished, ever and if so may be released unfinished but if continued will only be released when fully completed. This Rookgaard map is intended to be used with Tibia version 8.6.

Why I'm I doing this? Because so far, (after weeks of seeking) I couldn't find any reliable source of RL Rookgaard, and those available contain plenty of corruptions, border errors, spawn tweaks and such. Possibly would take much less time to fix any mistakes on those maps but may not guarantee quality which I'm mainly about. So far I do enjoy this project therefore I see no need to use any other additional tools such as map tracker.

The Project. The purpose of this project is to completely re-map whole Rookgaard map manually, which will (almost) guarantee error-free result and again - quality content. No tools other than Remere's Map Editor are used (so far) to re-map - just manual tile-by-tile scan along with some copy and pasting from differend map sources.
I thought I will share the whole process to keep myself motivated. I will be most likely working on this project on weekends or maybe sometimes after work and try to my best post weekly updates.​
If you would like to help me with this project or you have any questions not directly related to this project, please message me privately to keep this thread somewhat clean.

Will it be released and when? As being said there is no promises and guarantee that map will ever get finished. Although as long as I'm working on it and progress goes, map will not be released until full completion. Map will be released unmodified - meaning that it will be as in RL Tibia 8.6. If I ever abandon this project for any reason, I will share unfinished version for anyone interested to continue or so. There is no specified date it will be finished as I'm only working on it when I have time, mostly just weekends.

All progress will be updated weekly.

Last edited:
Why u just dont fix the ones you found instead of starting full rookgard over o_O

Why u just dont fix the ones you found instead of starting full rookgard over o_O
The other rookgaard map I have is corrupted to a way that I decided it will be easier (and more fun) to start from scratch. Rookgaard is small really so I guess this project should be the matter of couple of months if not weeks. In addition to all of that I will have the confidence that there will be no 'hidden features' that could be exploited in game - quality.

I will post some images since I'm writing this post as well:
If you didn't noticed, the map construction wise is being completed by area, and details such as grass/moss/stones are mostly skipped and left to do right at the end or when a section is done.
mibl8on.png

5Yd6Fj6.png

hBXd4Pf.png

Are you making an exact replica of rookgaard?
Seems stupid, why not use the resources that this forum provides.

Also I doubt it would take months making a replica, but surely depends on how much time you spend each day

You realise this is 'mapping showoff' right? It seems you are just duplicating rook....

Are you making an exact replica of rookgaard?
Seems stupid, why not use the resources that this forum provides.

Also I doubt it would take months making a replica, but surely depends on how much time you spend each day

Yes, I am making pretty much exact replica, until I'm done I will not add anything - then I will customize it and add new areas possibly. I do have 3 maps that I am relying on, buy all of them contains mistakes that would take much effort as well to fix them and even find them in first place.
Timewise - as I said there is no promises, so far I enjoy remaking map this way so it is my goal to finish it and get quality product. I consider myself very fluent with RME so progress is going fast. I would say map would be easily finished before end of the year if everything goes well and I will regularly map on weekends.

My weekend is over and I'm not planning to do any mapping until weekend.
Today I have revamped, fixed any mistakes I could see in facc town, so pretty much the town including any details and such (everything before the walls) is now exact replica as in tibia 8.0 which is so far my most reliable source it will stay this way until I will remap it to 8.6 version.
WUiRjvh.png

7TRyo40.png

Last edited:
Yes, I am making pretty much exact replica, until I'm done I will not add anything - then I will customize it and add new areas possibly. I do have 3 maps that I am relying on, buy all of them contains mistakes that would take much effort as well to fix them and even find them in first place.
Timewise - as I said there is no promises, so far I enjoy remaking map this way so it is my goal to finish it and get quality product. I consider myself very fluent with RME so progress is going fast. I would say map would be easily finished before end of the year if everything goes well and I will regularly map on weekends.

My weekend is over and I'm not planning to do any mapping until weekend.
Today I have revamped, fixed any mistakes I could see in facc town, so pretty much the town including any details and such (everything before the walls) is now exact replica as in tibia 8.0 which is so far my most reliable source it will stay this way until I will remap it to 8.6 version.
WUiRjvh.png

7TRyo40.png
If your only sources are all faulty, and it takes a lot of effort to find the mistakes in your sources, by extension, it would tand to reason that re-mapping it would take more effort than fixing your sources.

If your only sources are all faulty, and it takes a lot of effort to find the mistakes in your sources, by extension, it would tand to reason that re-mapping it would take more effort than fixing your sources.
I am actually doing some copy and pasting if that's what you're after. (For example area in picture below was copy and pasted from another map). And yes, I do somewhat agree with you that it actually may take more effort but as I said I'm about to get the quality product, there is no need for me to get decent map quickly.

I actually done 1 hour of mapping today after nightshift and found that even real tibia has plenty of border mistakes on the actual map.
Example (i know that spider-human-on-stake-thingy is missing, added just now):
yeQdcpj.png

Do you think those little 'improvements' actually look better or not?

You realise this is 'mapping showoff' right? It seems you are just duplicating rook....
There, one of the custom places I'm working on to be potentially added, it may be small extension to spider cave.
12016dea-0f4e-4bc5-ac61-de418dfeb20e

NuRXl5m.png

Last edited:
The Grass and to my best all details was added pretty much to whole upper-right part of rookgaad, all mountains and some spawns done (i still need good source to compare rl monster spawns). I have modified lower town part to match tibia 8.6 instead of 8.0. (beach, wall, billy, what farm etc)
West rookgaard is done shapewise plus both troll towers are done, swamp is almost done and some trees and such. *(A lot of copy and pasting involved this time, especially with swamp)
EzjBoYe.png

7YAyt88.png

lwdlpSJ.png

Last edited:
If you're making an exact replica, I'd suggest you to not fix these "border buggs" that CipSoft made. Adding custom areas is also not appealing tbh.

You got my attention with trying to make an exact replica, you lost it when you wanted to fix stuff on the map.

If you're making an exact replica, I'd suggest you to not fix these "border buggs" that CipSoft made. Adding custom areas is also not appealing tbh.

You got my attention with trying to make an exact replica, you lost it when you wanted to fix stuff on the map.

Thanks for reply Kaspar. Can you tell more why it's not a good thing to fix some border bugs? I mean, the whole point of this project is to get quality map that as of now is not available anywhere. There isn't so many of these border bugs and they do not retract from overall appearance almost at all unless you do really pay attention and you know they're there. Honestly I didn't know about them until I started this project.
Custom areas are made on separate map (except for that island which I'm mapping for fun in bottom right corner and can be just cut out with few clicks). I'm planning to release this map unmodified (exactly as real Rookgaard) so people can use it as it is in real Tibia or customize themselves.

Thanks for reply Kaspar. Can you tell more why it's not a good thing to fix some border bugs? I mean, the whole point of this project is to get quality map that as of now is not available anywhere. There isn't so many of these border bugs and they do not retract from overall appearance almost at all unless you do really pay attention and you know they're there. Honestly I didn't know about them until I started this project.
Custom areas are made on separate map (except for that island which I'm mapping for fun in bottom right corner and can be just cut out with few clicks). I'm planning to release this map unmodified (exactly as real Rookgaard) so people can use it as it is in real Tibia or customize themselves.
People will often feel like it is not rookgaard map as its missing original map bugs :D

People will often feel like it is not rookgaard map as its missing original map bugs :D

That is pretty stupid tbh :)

@ViniVine just fix the bugs , rook map is rook map and if you fix the bugs it will not change that fact lol. People like to exaggerate about things they really should not and it is just sad / stupid :)

As progress goes, the weekend ends and work routine welcomes.
This weekend quiet a lot was done considering time I have spent mapping.
Pretty much whole Rookgaard is done shapewise (except for premium area) and almost all trees/stones/nature stuff and such are there.
The state of minimap as of now (picture is from saturday I think so few things missing, but not much).
Most of the surface mountains are done, both troll towers, swamp is to my best almost fully done and plenty of details, or mistake fixes or modifications with comparison to other sources.
Whenever I can I do place spawns as well, although other than playing-comparing on other 8.6 otservers I do not have any good source to get based with spawns so I guess spawns will be kinda a side thing for now until map is done.
wksv8Go.png

((Felt a bit creative and added 'text', in paint, I'm good am I?))

For next week I'm planning to completely finish off the surface except for premium area as planned it will be left to be probably done last. And then spend some time rechecking for any missing objects or fixing any mistakes if there are any.
Thanks everyone for your replies, I do appreciate any opinions or support with this project.

As you can see on this picture, the moonflowers are placed on an edge of a big stone, which is considered a map bug.
8428ce6fd6b83faf55e4bcb5649782af.png

But it's always been like that, and I see no point in fixing it when it's not an issue ingame. I'd rather just see an exact replica of Rookgaard, not a copy that has some minor map buggs fixed and custom content added to it. That's just my opinion though as a former Rookstayer.

There is a bug on the 5th tile from the bottom and 2nd from the right
As you can see on this picture, the moonflowers are placed on an edge of a big stone, which is considered a map bug.
8428ce6fd6b83faf55e4bcb5649782af.png

But it's always been like that, and I see no point in fixing it when it's not an issue ingame. I'd rather just see an exact replica of Rookgaard, not a copy that has some minor map buggs fixed and custom content added to it. That's just my opinion though as a former Rookstayer.

It does appear in Rl Rookgaard as well and decided to leave it there as it's not a border but an edge of big stone [id:1301].
Although something like this can be done (but it does not look good in my opinion):
M7RAFyV.png

Other than that I couldn't find any good solution to 'fix' it except for removing it or flipping it to the right side which does not look good. As well when you're in game standing on stairs above you can only see the top part which isn't really noticeable.

As there is not very many of those bugs, I decided to leave them as they are and I will take a note of the location and fix them at the end and maybe release as separate map. No custom areas are being added until after release.

Back