• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.6] Vinivine's Re-mapping Rookgaard Project

That is pretty stupid tbh :)

@ViniVine just fix the bugs , rook map is rook map and if you fix the bugs it will not change that fact lol. People like to exaggerate about things they really should not and it is just sad / stupid :)
you are pretty stupid human eye can see that something is off if it is not just AS the same as real map.

I mean do what you want, its your time.

But i would agree with others that this is a waste of time.

So far I do enjoy this project, OT is my hobby and mapping is fun really, and I do believe that the quality result will payoff the 'wasted time'. Thanks for your opinion though.

Im happy you keeping the positive vibe up mate! I think this is great! What do you plan to do with it once you are done? :)

yall need to
myhjRGV.png
myhjRGV.png

Im happy you keeping the positive vibe up mate! I think this is great! What do you plan to do with it once you are done? :)
Thanks for your positive comment, really appreciate it.
Once done I will probably start a rook server. This project was in my mind since a long time (about 2010) and many attempts and burnouts. I have lots of unique ideas for this server that have not been seen anywhere. For now just plans, but this time I'm not taking rush.

I actually done some mapping just now. On a separate map I started some academy underground.
This area bothers me the most, on rl tibia it apparently didn't appear with border, though doesn't look good. This is as close as I can get without modifying the actual area.
0zsmOBz.png

What do you think?
For comparison this is how it appears:
sf56OFC.png

Last edited:
I have spent some time playing-testing mainly on north Rookgaard as a normal player to make sure there is no map bugs comparing to sources and it all seems to be fine I guess. I'm planning to finish-off surface completely tonight as I'm off work.

In addition these have been mapped this week:
Bear cave along with dead dragon quest
Wolf cave
Orc tower
West skeleton graveyard
And started some more undergrounds.

Not much to show picture-wise but oh well...
zNDFinc.png

OonWcOz.png

t3su5SR.png

r2x7ORd.png

I'm not sure if it's week 3 or 4 working on thi project - but here we are, I have completely re-mapped surface. To my best everything is as close to RL Rookgaard.
Only surface parts missing are premium area and tutorial island which I'm still thinking if there is any point to re-map tutorial island.
But oh well, next week I'm going to start mapping caves. Since they are trickier to map, I will probably copy and paste them from other maps and if needed fix any bugs, and only manually re map the most common places such as rat cave, poison cave, trolls, mino hell and such.
Here is minimap, (ignore those extra islands as they are separate project and can be easily cut out.):
mtbDIbP.png

Yet another update, I was mapping caves throughout the week and here is result:
uE1Rkkc.png

All caves accessible from town are pretty much complete, except for that 'bug/spider cave' which is still not done underground which is quiet complex and i think its longest. Bear cave with dragon quest and wolf cave. Skeletons with katana quest. Bug cave.
Troll cave (north cave) is copied and pasted and planning to finish off north cave section with bear room quest and mino hell this week.
I consider map being like 70% done since not much is left, although caves are bit harder to re-map so its going slower than surface, yet I'm happy with the progress.

Hi. If there is yet anyone watching for this project, yes, I'm still working on it. Last and this week I took completely off tibia. Some more caves done and fixes. Will work some more this weekend.
I do expect to finish this project most likely in december as there is not much left (some caves and whole premium area).
Duh.

Back