• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.4

ur new edit don't work on ubuntu 18 and when back to compile old source game don't open anymore idk why lol :S

and when compile ur new source edit by old commands lik
sh autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-server-diag --enable-mysql --enable-debug-symbols && make
compile done and game open but get bug with magiclevel don't go up and always 0
Current CMakeLists.txt does not work on Ubuntu 18. It cannot detect SQLite libraries.

Version without SQLite and with ${LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR} added to include_directories:
Bash:
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.10)

set(CMAKE_DISABLE_SOURCE_CHANGES ON)
set(CMAKE_DISABLE_IN_SOURCE_BUILD ON)

project(theforgottenserver CXX)

add_subdirectory(src)
add_executable(theforgottenserver ${theforgottenserver_SRC})

list(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake")

add_definitions(-D__USE_MYSQL__ -D__ROOT_PERMISSION__ -D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__)

set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-Ofast -DNDEBUG")

include(FindCXX11)

find_package(GMP REQUIRED)
find_package(MySQL REQUIRED)
find_package(OpenSSL REQUIRED)
find_package(LibXml2 REQUIRED)
find_package(ZLIB REQUIRED)
find_package(Boost REQUIRED COMPONENTS filesystem regex thread)

if(NOT LuaJIT)
  find_package(Lua 5.1 REQUIRED)
endif()

include_directories(
  ${LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR}
  ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS}
  ${LUA_INCLUDE_DIR}
  ${MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR}
  ${GMP_INCLUDE_DIR}
)
target_link_libraries(theforgottenserver PRIVATE
  Boost::filesystem
  Boost::regex
  Boost::thread
  OpenSSL::SSL
 ${LIBXML2_LIBRARIES}
  ZLIB::ZLIB
  ${LUA_LIBRARIES}
  ${MYSQL_CLIENT_LIBS}
  ${GMP_LIBRARY}
)

cast system with Ubuntu 20 crash server, when player use /cast on and someone enter cast and leave server get crash..
and magiclevel don't go up :S

cast system with Ubuntu 20 crash server, when player use /cast on and someone enter cast and leave server get crash..
and magiclevel don't go up :S

Same thing.

in this post:

try with this changes but not work :/

im using Ubuntu 20.04, The crash does not occur instantly, so far the errors have only occurred to me randomly, I have not found the trigger for the error.

but it usually happens when the master logout or the visitor logout, but it doesn't always happen.

Last edited:
Same thing.

in this post:

im using Ubuntu 20.04, The crash does not occur instantly, so far the errors have only occurred to me randomly, I have not found the trigger for the error.

Why would u use 0.4 instead of 1.4 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why would u use 0.4 instead of 1.4 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
It is an old server but very complete, it would be a lot of work to pass all the scripts to metatables.

I have no idea, I haven't used that version, but the degraded versions have war system and cast system? If so, can you send me a link for tests?

I have no idea, I haven't used that version, but the degraded versions have war system and cast system? If so, can you send me a link for tests?

Im pretty sure the cast system is buged and no one will fix it anytime + who cares about cast system in 2023

war system? The war system from old days like !invite war guildname frags etc? Can be done without problems :D

Im pretty sure the cast system is buged and no one will fix it anytime + who cares about cast system in 2023

war system? The war system from old days like !invite war guildname frags etc? Can be done without problems :D
Well, this is a community of help, that's why help is requested to repair the cast system, if nobody helps, nothing happens, but at least I tried.

and that you do not like the cast system does not mean that nobody likes it, the world does not revolve around you, much less your tastes, you have to leave your personal opinions when commenting on a help topic and it is better not to comment if it is not with the purpose of helping, because nothing that you have commented here has helped me at all to solve what I need.

Im just trying to help you out
I remmember back 1-2 years ago when the cool guy potinho asked if he should use 0.4 or 1.4
He choose 0.4 and created about 28 millions of help threads ( which is ok ) but can be avoided :)

Im just trying to help you out
I remmember back 1-2 years ago when the cool guy potinho asked if he should use 0.4 or 1.4
He choose 0.4 and created about 28 millions of help threads ( which is ok ) but can be avoided :)
That's true. hahaha

Edit: after 28 millions help threads, my engine its still bugged. Avoid old TFS and OTX. TRUST ME!

Last edited:
Same thing.

in this post:

but it usually happens when the master logout or the visitor logout, but it doesn't always happen.
I suggest testing with Ubuntu 16.x or using Docker with an older Linux version. I haven't been using this distro in production since 2016 :/

I was also informed about another bug involving rings and a random crash after a few days online (even without any players).
Unfortunately, my expertise in C++ is limited, so debugging and resolving this bugs would likely require a substantial amount of time and effort.

Hello, this 8.6 project server good? i thought it was global map, where do i find a global that has this live system?
I saw that there is little work on github, is there anything critical?

I found a bug magic level does not go up when doing spells, running on ubuntu server does not rise. but runs on windows is ok!

Last edited:
Could anyone fix this work contributed by Fir3element? the rings bug and some times the server crashed for me without reason or warning. I think is a very nice work but need some fix.

Someone can share these improvements? or contact me please, I can pay if necessary to can run this project in 100%. ( i run in windows).

Could anyone fix this work contributed by Fir3element? the rings bug and some times the server crashed for me without reason or warning. I think is a very nice work but need some fix.

Someone can share these improvements? or contact me please, I can pay if necessary to can run this project in 100%. ( i run in windows).

Just use tfs 1.5?

Just use tfs 1.5?

I used OTX2 had full patches, and still there were errors out of the blue.
The version Fir3lemental is talking about has a serious bug.
Sometimes it automatically changes the profession and skils of the character.
I advise against using it.

-> use TFS 1.X.

TFS 0.4
I'm redoing it, I've already implemented the global map, and some NPCs are working as banks and shops. One thing that has been bothering me is that creature summons attack the leader, just monsters. So, I've resolved that. Also, the cast system is working on Ubuntu.

TFS 0.4
I'm redoing it, I've already implemented the global map, and some NPCs are working as banks and shops. One thing that has been bothering me is that creature summons attack the leader, just monsters. So, I've resolved that. Also, the cast system is working on Ubuntu.
Why

TFS 0.4
Nice

Back