• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.6+] Storms Sprite & Dat Editor

Is there a reason the "+Add" button in the "Dat View" area is not pressable? Is this unfinished? I'm looking for a way to add more items..

My above post has been half-solved by using the Storm Editor to add sprites and modify the .dat item properties, but using Tibia Editor 9.81 to actually ADD CIDs to the .dat file.

Thought I would mention, some sprite editing programs (Tibia Editor 9.81 specifically) will replace the last sprite with a null sprite. Is this necessary? It doesn't appear to be, since, when I don't have that null sprite by using the Storm Editor to compile my .spr file, it seems to work fine.

In your future updates of the Storm Editor, it might be beneficial to auto place a null sprite at the end (AFTER any user added sprites) when the user presses the save sprite button. Also, if the last sprite is a null sprite, theadd sprite button could add the sprite the user selects "before" the null sprite (replace the null sprite and make a new null sprite after the old one).

This addition would help avoid other sprite editor programs removing player added sprites, and it will avoid conflict if the last sprite SHOULD, in fact, be a null sprite for some reason.

If I'm kicking a dead post here, someone stop me. Just trying to provide feedback in case there is future development taking place on this.

I've found that Storms Editor does not seem to correctly add new animated items to the .dat file.

When adding a new item, it works, but if the item has animations, it crashes my client (9.61). I get the feeling that there is some aspect of animated item code which is different than non-animated item code which is not being added when a user changes animation from 1 to greater than 1. The only solution I've come up with after exploring multiple .dat editors that have the same problem is to morph an unused existing animated item into a new, desired one. For more details on my version of this problem, here's my post about it:

http://otland.net/threads/problem-adding-animated-items.201277/#post-1935964

I am having the same issue with the animations. I need to find an editor that allows for the animations and supports the 9.86 client.

Great stuff but kinda hard work. Bro if you can anyhow to make it like BlackDemon did, but simple and functional. what i mean is a editor where u can add sprites/items/creatures/etc already made or bmp files to make, your program is almost perfect. too bad the ADD feature on data doesnt seems to work. but keep going :D

could everyone chime in with support rage on this? like 8.6, 9.60 etc?
If everyone would start putting this in the info it would help a lot and make life much easier on here

Note: I don't think this tool is completed. It has potentially devastating bugs. But I do really like the idea of it.

Back