• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.60/9.61] The Forgotten Server v0.2.14 (Mystic Spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i go to mainland? Where should i ask this question?

Where is all the NPCs?

This is mostly a server engine, the datapack should be compatible with it but is pretty much just for example purposes. If you want NPCs you create them or find them under the Resources board on the forum. I don't think there are any NPCs spawned on the example map, so you can't go to mainland.

Awesome news !! Good to see that the project is in the right hands.

Also i want to report a bug, with the conditions, its wrong condtions

Tested with:
CONDITION_FIRE = 2 -- Turn to poison condition
CONDITION_ENERGY = 4 -- Turn to poison condition
CONDITION_BLEEDING = 8 -- Turn to drunk condition

Using this funcion:

PHP:
      doTargetCombatCondition(cid, creature.uid, condition, 0)

Can you show the full script you are using so I can try to reproduce this?

I am trying to convert my ot from 8.6 to 9.6[yh ik its hard etc] and when I put my data and launch it with this engine I get
Code:
[17/01/2013 00:24:32] Warning: [BaseEvents::loadFromXml] Can not configure event
[17/01/2013 00:24:32] Error: [MoveEvent::configureMoveEvent] No valid event name script

thousands if not millions of times on startup however it doesnt show which exact script causes it,is there anyway I can check it?

Just a example code =)

PHP:
function onSay(cid, words, param)

target = doSummonCreature("Amazon", getCreaturePosition(cid))
    doTargetCombatCondition(cid, target, CONDITION_ENERGY, 0)

return true
end

Just a example code =)

PHP:
function onSay(cid, words, param)

target = doSummonCreature("Amazon", getCreaturePosition(cid))
    doTargetCombatCondition(cid, target, CONDITION_ENERGY, 0)

return true
end

The third parameter is meant to be the id for a condition object, not a condition type.

Example:
Lua:
local poison = createConditionObject(CONDITION_POISON)
setConditionParam(poison, CONDITION_PARAM_DELAYED, 1)
setConditionParam(poison, CONDITION_PARAM_MINVALUE, -105)
setConditionParam(poison, CONDITION_PARAM_MAXVALUE, -105)
setConditionParam(poison, CONDITION_PARAM_STARTVALUE, -5)
setConditionParam(poison, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKINTERVAL, 4000)
setConditionParam(poison, CONDITION_PARAM_FORCEUPDATE, 1)

local target = doSummonCreature("Amazon", getCreaturePosition(cid))
if target == false then
	return false
end
return doTargetCombatCondition(cid, target, poison, CONST_ME_NONE) ~= LUA_ERROR

onPrepareDeath does not seem to work as expected. It is triggered but it is not possible to prevent a player death in any way which ruins its purpose in my opinion.
A simple script as this should teleport you to EXIT_POS then heal you to full health.
Code:
local EXIT_POS = {x = 1280, y = 686, z = 9}
function onPrepareDeath(cid, deathList)
	doTeleportThing(cid, EXIT_POS)
	return doCreatureAddHealth(cid, getCreatureMaxHealth(cid), 65535, 256, true)
end

This happens some of the times though not very often. It will never happen if you face a monster who can one-shot you.

onPrepareDeath does not seem to work as expected. It is triggered but it is not possible to prevent a player death in any way which ruins its purpose in my opinion.
A simple script as this should teleport you to EXIT_POS then heal you to full health.
Code:
end

This happens some of the times though not very often. It will never happen if you face a monster who can one-shot you.

This thread is for TFS 0.2, not 0.3.

This thread is for TFS 0.2, not 0.3.

Yes, I am aware of that! With that said I believe that you already know that onPrepareDeath is not working. I came back to OT not long ago so I don't have that much knowledge about what's in the distros. Now when we're at it: is there a way to prevent a players Death? (for pvp arena/special event, etc)

Anyhow, thanks for an awesome release Talaturen and Co.

Does anyone got the right libraries file to compile it on a x64 system? Especially lua & xml. I tried to search it for 6 hours, with no success.

Does anyone got the right libraries file to compile it on a x64 system? Especially lua & xml. I tried to search it for 6 hours, with no success.

For Windows, both x86 and x64 libraries can be found in TFS SDK, http://otland.net/f19/forgotten-server-sdk-v1-0-msvc-150776/.

Yes, I am aware of that! With that said I believe that you already know that onPrepareDeath is not working. I came back to OT not long ago so I don't have that much knowledge about what's in the distros. Now when we're at it: is there a way to prevent a players Death? (for pvp arena/special event, etc)

Anyhow, thanks for an awesome release Talaturen and Co.

The script you posted is for 0.3 and not 0.2, are you having the same bug in 0.2?

The script you posted is for 0.3 and not 0.2, are you having the same bug in 0.2?

I'm using the distro released in this thread (0.2.14) and that is also where I have this bug. I am a bit confused here, is the onPrepareDeath implemented in 0.2.14 and should work?

The lua function list that's located in the doc-folder is gold. There should be an equivalent file for the other lua functions and xml tags available. More work for you, but also a nice way for you to know exactly what the distro have and don't have.

I'm using the distro released in this thread (0.2.14) and that is also where I have this bug. I am a bit confused here, is the onPrepareDeath implemented in 0.2.14 and should work?

It is implemented, but the parameters are cid and killer, not cid and deathList (although what you have named it is irrelevant here as you aren't using the second parameter), and doCreatureAddHealth only takes 2 parameters (cid and health), that's why I assumed you weren't using this release. I'm not sure how well it works though, it was implemented a very long time ago and I haven't tested it in the last years. I'll take a look at it before the next release if I find time to.

I get this problem, i have tried to figoure it out, but no luck.

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

Anyone got this problem ? Its really bothering me!

Great release Tal. I will for sure use this one!
Something I have never understood is why the most scripts people makes are working for the "premium" servers (0.3?) while they wont work on the free 0.2.
(I guess its 0.3 for the "premium" ones and 0.2 for the free ones if you want a newer client, or?)

I bet its simply me, not having that knowledge, so I would really appriciate that information! :)

How come you don't make one version that all scripts will work for, simple and great. The newest versions will be the premium ones while the "old" servers will be the "free" ones. Everyone would then be able to help eachother with scripts and such, but we all still want the latest one. Wouldn't this save alot of work?
Again, probably me missing the point, but I would be greatfull for some info!

Thank You once again Tal!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Does anyone have the npc package for this? or do i have to make them all by myself???

Code:
end

The problem is that you are using more paramenters for the doCreatureAddHealth function !!
In the 0.2 it should be: doCreatureAddHealth(cid, health)
Try using this script instead:

return doCreatureAddHealth(cid, getCreatureMaxHealth(cid))
end

I don't know why clean is taking to long:

Sem_t_tulo.jpg

NOTE: This is in localhost !!

I get this problem, i have tried to figoure it out, but no luck.

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application

Anyone got this problem ? Its really bothering me!

That happens when you use the 32-bit DLL files with the 64-bit binary, or vice versa.

How come you don't make one version that all scripts will work for

Because it takes time, and some 0.3 features will probably never be implemented in the 0.2 series.

Does anyone have the npc package for this? or do i have to make them all by myself???

There are a few example NPCs in the engine, but this isn't mean to be a datapack that you download and run a server with. It's a server engine that you use to construct your own server.

I don't know why clean is taking to long:

View attachment 18689

NOTE: This is in localhost !!

That is because it iterates every tile on your map. It hasn't been optimized in 0.2 like it was in 0.3 yet.

Because it takes time, and some 0.3 features will probably never be implemented in the 0.2 series.

Exactly, thats why I can't understand why you wont make one server to both spare time and make it more simple for everyone. The latest and most updated server(s) could easily be the premium one and people would still buy premium.

My personal problem is as for example that every good script and function seem to be made for the 0.3 version, but if I buy the premium in which I easily can do to support ya guys is that I can't release it later on. I create a server, host it and try to fix all the bugs aswell as wanted features to then release it for everyone to use. But again, I wont be "allowed" to release it as its a premium server.

If it would be a free server later on, (lets say when you release a new great version) then I could release it aswell as others. Something to think about? :)
The most of us want to improve the open tibia servers and community, why don't make it as simple as possible with the facts that you'll still make your money?

Except that, your doing a great job and we all need ya guys. ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back