• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[9.60/9.61] The Forgotten Server v0.2.14 (Mystic Spirit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I have learned some about the differences between 0.2 and 0.3 while searching around the forums.
Keep it Stable and keep up the good job Tal, adding some functions would however make it even more loved so the most Scripts will work! ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

some creatureevent type cannot work such as; joinchannel, outfit, combat; is there any anternative type or any solution?

Solution is implementing them yourself.
Get CD source and compare with this one, think a bit and it should work

Thank you Dude!! :)
its awesome that ppl still supporting open tibia. i hope this game never die!! :/

some creatureevent type cannot work such as; joinchannel, outfit, combat; is there any anternative type or any solution?

No, these events are simply not implemented in this version. You would have to modify the source code to implement them.

what kind of cd? and how can I get?

He was referring to Crying Damson which is the codename for the 0.3 series.

this may look like stupid. but since:
[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) V7 and V5 i'm having truble to get the server conected to mysql database. in this release i have the same problem. i start the server... and then just say cant conect to mysql database and it close any ideas??

i have latest xampp and obiusly created a database and modify all in conf lua idk why this is happening if someone can help me ill be pleased thnx
Code:
-- MySQL
	mysqlHost = "localhost"
	mysqlUser = "root"
	mysqlPass = "mypasword"
	mysqlDatabase = "mydatabase"
	mysqlPort = 3306
-- SQL
	sqlType = "mysql"
	passwordType = "plain"
fail.jpg

OK WHILE WRITING THIS I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM HAHA sorry... if some one is having trubble you ppl just have to change:
this:
Code:
-- MySQL
	mysqlHost = "localhost" <----------
	mysqlUser = "root"
	mysqlPass = "mypasword"
	mysqlPort = 3306
to:
Code:
-- MySQL
	mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"<----------
	mysqlUser = "root"
	mysqlPass = "mypasword"
	mysqlPort = 3306

I think that TFS 0.2 could grow to become the best one. "Simply" start to add one function after another and keep it bugfree as you do now.
onCombat would as for example give loads of options for the creators and users... everyone recommend me to not use 0.2 if I want to make a great custom server.
You can do it Talaturen, we all know it, we can only hope that you will so we wont be forced to change from your wonderfull distro.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I think that TFS 0.2 could grow to become the best one. "Simply" start to add one function after another and keep it bugfree as you do now.
onCombat would as for example give loads of options for the creators and users... everyone recommend me to not use 0.2 if I want to make a great custom server.
You can do it Talaturen, we all know it, we can only hope that you will so we wont be forced to change from your wonderfull distro.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.
+1 :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Its quite simply adding those features, that why I disagree with you, people is getting lazy, also the main purpose of these project is keep it stable.
So this is just the root to make a great custom server and work on it.

everyone recommend me to not use 0.2 if I want to make a great custom server.

Thats a shame, people should make people be interested in this project and try work on it

UP@

I both agree and disagree with ya. ;)

People are lazy, thats a fact. I don't like it either. (or how it spells)
I can for sure learn but im already short on time trying to create advanced servers. So right now, its not simple for me to add it.

What I don't get is why functions can't slowly be added even if real tibia doesn't have it.
If you say its simple, then I guess its not much of effort for Tal to add it. Maybe some extra effort or time to make it 100% stable. OTland should easily be able to create an up to date Tibia distro that got loads of extra functions, adding one at a time and keep it stable.

My personal problem is like I mentioned before, Im creating servers and then release them for free once they are bugfree and great. I can't release it if I pay to get the latest servers and I can't have a "stable" server if I want the best functions to create the best server I can. Shouldn't the entire OTcommunity work together for a better OTworld?

However, im hanging in there and I keep working with this distro whatever people say, Znote helped me for some time and strongly recommended it, I trust him. I also trust Tal to keep the server stable and clean.
The sad part is that I get a slap in the face everytime I try to add some great new stuff for the server as the distro ain't supporting it. I can tell ya that those slaps are starting to hurt.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Can someone explain to me how to edit the groups. I have the 6 groups set up i just dont understand how to make them able to execute admin commands. Please and Thank you to anyone that can help.

UP@

I both agree and disagree with ya. ;)

People are lazy, thats a fact. I don't like it either. (or how it spells)
I can for sure learn but im already short on time trying to create advanced servers. So right now, its not simple for me to add it.

What I don't get is why functions can't slowly be added even if real tibia doesn't have it.
If you say its simple, then I guess its not much of effort for Tal to add it. Maybe some extra effort or time to make it 100% stable. OTland should easily be able to create an up to date Tibia distro that got loads of extra functions, adding one at a time and keep it stable.

My personal problem is like I mentioned before, Im creating servers and then release them for free once they are bugfree and great. I can't release it if I pay to get the latest servers and I can't have a "stable" server if I want the best functions to create the best server I can. Shouldn't the entire OTcommunity work together for a better OTworld?

However, im hanging in there and I keep working with this distro whatever people say, Znote helped me for some time and strongly recommended it, I trust him. I also trust Tal to keep the server stable and clean.
The sad part is that I get a slap in the face everytime I try to add some great new stuff for the server as the distro ain't supporting it. I can tell ya that those slaps are starting to hurt.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

What kind of features are you looking for? Why can't you edit the engine to add these features if you are creating servers? It's open-source, it's under GPL, you can download the source code and you're free to modify it.

Can someone explain to me how to edit the groups. I have the 6 groups set up i just dont understand how to make them able to execute admin commands. Please and Thank you to anyone that can help.

data/XML/commands.xml

What kind of features are you looking for? Why can't you edit the engine to add these features if you are creating servers? It's open-source, it's under GPL, you can download the source code and you're free to modify it.l

The problem here is that people got banned for leaking stuff from 0.4 as it's for premium members only.
So if he made a bridge server implementing stuff to make some compability with 0.4 scripts he might end up banned too, that's what he thinks.

This is also the reason I haven't commited my 0.2 version which is compatible with atleast 80% of stuff 0.4 has, so people do not suffer to much.
If you give us a clear statement, where we are allowed to commit it, then we will do so.

kind regards, Evil Hero.

~~

First of all, thank you for the answer Tal, and yes, Evil Hero is right.
You even banned the forum I created when "someone" leaked a "premium distro" there, I didn't even had a chance to set a rule and remove the distro before you banned the forum name. I respect what you do and I have never ever had any attempt to leak your premium servers. You finaly removed the "ban" and then banned us again after a moron to member posted alot of spam about the forum at OTland after we held a competition for people to help us get members. You could easily have spoken to me or banned the person from your forum. Im not P12 you know, you can speak to me dear Tal.
In other words, a banishment will be close if I add any function or such that you'd dislike without a warning, atleast if I go to my experience.

And again, I don't mean anything bad with what I wrote, the forum is just abit too hard sometimes instead of pushing the OTworld forward even harder. One united distro would change alot:

The newest and most updated will be payed for.
Once a much better get released or a new tibia client version comes (and you made a new distro), the pre-distro will get released.
Everyone would want the latest one and will still pay to get it, the great part is that we can release and do what we want with any "old" version. Lets say I create a server with the newest distro, then I'll work on it and keep it until a new one comes and its okey to release the "old one". If the functions and distros would be united, then all scripts and functions posted would work for everything.

I guess the most of us can agree that its a mess out there, "This works with this distro, this with that, change that or this t make it work for that one, or this one doesn't have the function" etc. Its no good for anyone.

Whatever you will do in the future, I still think that the TFS 0.2 serie will be greatly more used if you add one small function after another, as for example onCombat for creaturevents, then another, and another, etc. Doesn't matter if it takes a long time as it has to be stable. Like I said before, we all know you have the knowledge of doing it, now we can only pray. ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back