• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand A few changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may have noticed, OtLand was recently unavailable for approximately an hour. This was because we were applying a few changes.

The Rules page - there have been complaints on that the rules are not clear enough for everyone. We have finally taken the time to make the rules more detailed, we have also revised our infraction reasons to fit the rules so that the infraction reason no longer should be confusing. The rules page can be found in the navigation, or here.

The Marketplace - until now, we have been against buying and selling on OtLand. Mainly to prevent our members from being scammed. However, it seems like there is a huge interest in buying and selling scripts, maps, Tibia characters, and other stuff on OtLand and we don't want to keep forwarding the users who want to make trades to other websites. Therefore we have created a new board under the Misc. category, named Marketplace. Keep in mind to look up who you are making trades with to prevent being scammed, all trades are at your own risk. We also do not support selling copyrighted material, so you will not be allowed to sell/buy CipSoft Tibia (Real Tibia) maps there (the Tibia map is property of CipSoft, making money from it is illegal).

Infractions tab in profile - we have noticed that users dislike that expired/reversed infraction stay visible in their profile, so I have coded a plugin that will hide expired/reversed infractions. We don't look too much at infraction history when we appoint new staff members anyway, so don't worry much so much about it if you are interested in joining our staff in the future.

The Content Management System - is not yet available :(. During this downtime there were some preparations done to have it ready for our next update. It will contain articles to make it easier for new people to get into OpenTibia once it's published to everyone.

Crossed BB code - this BB code was requested by a staff member in our staff board, so it has now been added and is used by setting the tag around some text.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
First! :p
Nice work.

EDIT:
ERRORS in Settings page..

Code:
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userinfraction_infobit in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4055
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/otland.net/usercp.php(996) : eval()'d code(2) : eval()'d code on line 1
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: userinfraction_infobit in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4055
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/otland.net/usercp.php(996) : eval()'d code(2) : eval()'d code on line 1

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now. :p

Last edited:
Nice updated...

Why dont put one system style vapus... is nice system and security :)

Last edited:
Talat, one problem..

Under blogs, if users leave comments, the bar containing their username does this..

errorkw.png

Sweet :) Hopefully - with the new rules, we may encounter less of those awful complaint threads about moderators doing their job incorrectly.

First! :p
Nice work.

EDIT:
ERRORS in Settings page..

Code:

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now. :p

It was caused by the expired infractions hider plugin. I disabled it when I noticed the error and that is why it seemed to be fixed. I tried to fix it now and just enabled the plugin again, see if it really is fixed now.

tala...u willl make rules for Marketplace??example for the people speak the price in topic :X

tala...u willl make rules for Marketplace??example for the people speak the price in topic :X
No, but board rules can be created by moderators if necessary.

Talaturen what do you mean by "Tibia Maps" in general.. none otbm files are allowed?

Talaturen what do you mean by "Tibia Maps" in general.. none otbm files are allowed?
He is most likely talking about Real Maps as they represent the map of Tibia. Hence, Tibia Maps. I could be mistaken though.

What I mean is that you are not allowed to buy or sell CipSoft's Tibia map in the Marketplace. We don't support buying/selling copyrighted material.

Ok, no real maps, but then what about RL Data Packs? Well scripts and .exe have not been made by or stolen to them, so I guess for that there's no problem.

What I mean is that you are not allowed to buy or sell CipSoft's Tibia map in the Marketplace. We don't support buying/selling copyrighted material.

Does that include selling servers (+ any map) that include CipSoft's sprites?

Does that include selling servers (+ any map) that include CipSoft's sprites?

The otbm file doesn't contain CipSoft's sprites, so you are free to sell any other map (as long as it's created by you or you have the permission of the creator to sell it).

I don't get the respect copyrights part..
Since dude.. i'll keep it clean.. since i'll probably get banned..

But you can say whatever you want.. Open-Tibia is as ilegal as selling weed in the streets in the US (That includes communities).. Sprites are cipsoft's property.. therefore no maps should be allowed...

But whatevaaa.. rules are rules and i aint the boss jaja

I don't get the respect copyrights part..
Since dude.. i'll keep it clean.. since i'll probably get banned..

But you can say whatever you want.. Open-Tibia is as ilegal as selling weed in the streets in the US (That includes communities).. Sprites are cipsoft's property.. therefore no maps should be allowed...

But whatevaaa.. rules are rules and i aint the boss jaja
As Talaturen stated above, the otbm files does not actually include the sprites, it merely links to them. The reason real maps are not allowed are because it emulates the map of Tibia. Which could be considered breaking the copyright "laws".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back