• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand A few changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may have noticed, OtLand was recently unavailable for approximately an hour. This was because we were applying a few changes.

The Rules page - there have been complaints on that the rules are not clear enough for everyone. We have finally taken the time to make the rules more detailed, we have also revised our infraction reasons to fit the rules so that the infraction reason no longer should be confusing. The rules page can be found in the navigation, or here.

The Marketplace - until now, we have been against buying and selling on OtLand. Mainly to prevent our members from being scammed. However, it seems like there is a huge interest in buying and selling scripts, maps, Tibia characters, and other stuff on OtLand and we don't want to keep forwarding the users who want to make trades to other websites. Therefore we have created a new board under the Misc. category, named Marketplace. Keep in mind to look up who you are making trades with to prevent being scammed, all trades are at your own risk. We also do not support selling copyrighted material, so you will not be allowed to sell/buy CipSoft Tibia (Real Tibia) maps there (the Tibia map is property of CipSoft, making money from it is illegal).

Infractions tab in profile - we have noticed that users dislike that expired/reversed infraction stay visible in their profile, so I have coded a plugin that will hide expired/reversed infractions. We don't look too much at infraction history when we appoint new staff members anyway, so don't worry much so much about it if you are interested in joining our staff in the future.

The Content Management System - is not yet available :(. During this downtime there were some preparations done to have it ready for our next update. It will contain articles to make it easier for new people to get into OpenTibia once it's published to everyone.

Crossed BB code - this BB code was requested by a staff member in our staff board, so it has now been added and is used by setting the tag around some text.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the respect copyrights part..
Since dude.. i'll keep it clean.. since i'll probably get banned..

But you can say whatever you want.. Open-Tibia is as ilegal as selling weed in the streets in the US (That includes communities).. Sprites are cipsoft's property.. therefore no maps should be allowed...

But whatevaaa.. rules are rules and i aint the boss jaja

OpenTibia is not illegal as long as you keep CipSoft's property out of it. The .otbm files does not contain any sprites, just positions, item id's, and attributes. The item id's are sent to the client and it's the client that renders the sprites.

No argument is perfect.. as you said its just links to them.. so why care?
Because when in use, it emulates the map of Tibia. Without the sprites however, OT would not be where it is today (edit: rephrased sentence). Lets just say they're doing right in the wrong. Heck, what do I know? I'm just guessing possible causes lol

But do you agree with what i just said??

Emulates? You are using the wrong word..
Yeah I do, to a certain extent (might have to say that I dislike real maps in general). And how is emulate the wrong word? That's exactly what a real map is; an attempt to copy the map of Tibia, with its own defects.

Yes.. it envolves more than just some otbm files.. since you are already running it under an engine.. and it wouldn't be a real emulation if there was no client envolved.. Since there is none.. just some sprites tracebacks in a simple otbm files.. you are not emulating anything..

So now that you can make a thread Selling something, can you post a link to this thread in your signature :O?

Yes.. it envolves more than just some otbm files.. since you are already running it under an engine.. and it wouldn't be a real emulation if there was no client envolved.. Since there is none.. just some sprites tracebacks in a simple otbm files.. you are not emulating anything..
Indirectly it is actually emulating it. With the proper 'tools' so to speak, you would emulate it. According to me, we both have valid points. I would love to hear the proper reason why they are considered illegal though and not the other maps from an official staff member, even though I highly dislike them (real maps, not the staff lol).

So now that you can make a thread Selling something, can you post a link to this thread in your signature :O?

The rule that said you weren't allowed to buy/sell at OtLand is gone now. You can link to it without any problems.

The 'what's new' button is removed?

It was removed because it's the same as the New Posts (subnavigation in Forum).

This next comment goes directly to talaturen and all otland's staff...

The only reason that oltand users are angry.. its because you guys do as you please.. im tired of having to read the rules in order for me to write a valid thread.. in the new rules nowhere stated that links to other pages in the marketplace were not valid

And Kornholijo edited all posts in the market place including other links and those who went directly to VAPus.. with the following statement:

Last edited by Kornholijo; Yesterday at 22:35. Reason: all information should be in this thread, not on vapus

What's up with that?? Talaturen.. re write the rules and leave everything clear! Im super pissed and tired at your moderators making their own rules as they go arround the forum!

As well I do not see any kind of stickied thread in the marketplace board, so I'd suggest you Talaturen to make that clear to the members. Else you'll have more of 5mok3 to handle.
More members like him, who can't understand that every community nowadays has their own rules, depending on moderator. Nevermind, just make it clear to prevent that for yourself. :)

Well I'm sort of annoyed with the 'New Post' thingy, since I usually click New Post and see if there's any thread I'm interested on, then I'd go do something else and when I come back click New Post again, now I gotta click Forum then New post lol. senseless..

Well I'm sort of annoyed with the 'New Post' thingy, since I usually click New Post and see if there's any thread I'm interested on, then I'd go do something else and when I come back click New Post again, now I gotta click Forum then New post lol. senseless..

profit.png

Yes you can do that, but after you click New Posts, it's not there anymore, so if you want to click it again You'd have to click Forum THEN New posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back