• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new BETA version of Remere's Map Editor 3.0 is available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remere has posted a link to a new BETA version of Remere's Map Editor on his Twitter. It supports 9.4, 9.5 and is ready for 9.6 when it's released. A new feature in this BETA is the find and replace dialog.

Help testing it so we can have a flawless 3.0 release!

Download link: remeresmapeditor.com/rmedl.php?file=RME-win-3.0-beta-8.zip
Important: Do not try to convert an old map (version < 8.1) with this BETA version!

You can also follow Remere on Twitter (where you can also ask him questions and report bugs) for more news about his map editor: https://twitter.com/leRemere

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, but those compressed map formats work with the latest version of OTServ SVN, or only with revscript sys?.

I don't think any server supports loading it yet, it will be supported in The Forgotten Server 0.2 soon, and then we can just copy over the code to otserv and other distributions.

There is a newer still beta available now: remeresmapeditor.com/rmedl.php?file=RME-win-3.0-beta-8.zip

Now with support for .otgz (compressed) maps. :)

As the map-editor still is in beta-phase I assume that it might occur bugs, but is the map editor really supposed to crash every time I search for something that is in raw -> others? Ah, and the search function does barely work for me too neither, it tends to only display the first option and it's not possible to select it. What I also miss is that I no longer can map in raw -> others with large icons because the map-editor instantly crashes, I have to select the option "listbox with icons" to make it function somewhat.

I really appreciate the work you are doing but I'm getting really tired of working in others because I have to wait half a minute after each and every click I do with my mouse to not crash the map-editor entirely. Almost forgot, everytime I open the map editor & everytime I save something, it tabs something else up, weird huh?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think any server supports loading it yet, it will be supported in The Forgotten Server 0.2 soon, and then we can just copy over the code to otserv and other distributions.

I'm certain of that it's possible for some servers to load compressed maps, atleast formats such as .gzip. Maybe you are referring to the .otgz format?

I'm certain of that it's possible for some servers to load compressed maps, atleast formats such as .gzip. Maybe you are referring to the .otgz format?

Not .otgz. Some servers support loading gzipped otbm files, but that's only on the otbm file. .otgz is a gzipped tar archive with paths that were decided by Remere this week so I'm pretty sure that no existing server supports it as RME saves it right now.

Not .otgz. Some servers support loading gzipped otbm files, but that's only on the otbm file. .otgz is a gzipped tar archive with paths that were decided by Remere this week so I'm pretty sure that no existing server supports it as RME saves it right now.

I was referring to the .gzip format as you mentioned, thanks for enlightening me though.

Last edited:
is it just me or does the latest tfs (9.54) not load any map saved with rme beta 8?

something to do with the otbm saving with the otb magic number? version > 0 think remere needs to fix but not sure.

Last edited:
something to do with the otbm saving with the otb magic number? version > 0 think remere needs to fix but not sure.

@lePeroxide Open up rme.cfg and change SAVE_WITH_OTB_MAGIC_NUMBER to 0

@lePeroxide Open up rme.cfg and change SAVE_WITH_OTB_MAGIC_NUMBER to 0

That wont fix it either, RME has problems with the File class, you can't save the map when you set that option to 0, and the map always screws to "mymap.otbm~"

Check Error Remers Beta V8
23h9dhs.jpg

i changed in clients.xml

Code:
<client name="9.60" otb="9.60" visible="true" data_directory="960">
            <otbm version="3"/>
            <extensions from="8.20 - 8.31"/>
            <data datversion="8.6" sprversion="9.6" dat="0x4FE468A1" spr="0x4FE468C8"/> 
        </client>

but when im loading remere on this client, then nothing do, "loading tibia.dat 0%..." ;/

i changed in clients.xml

Code:
<client name="9.60" otb="9.60" visible="true" data_directory="960">
            <otbm version="3"/>
            <extensions from="8.20 - 8.31"/>
            <data datversion="8.6" sprversion="9.6" dat="0x4FE468A1" spr="0x4FE468C8"/> 
        </client>

but when im loading remere on this client, then nothing do, "loading tibia.dat 0%..." ;/

Change datversion from 8.6 to 9.6.

can anyone upload items.otb to 9.6?xd please :D

It's not complete, as far as I know.
I think we will have to wait until the 9.6 update is released before anyone can start working on the otb.

can anyone upload items.otb to 9.6?xd please :D

I won't be releasing any 9.6 otb anytime before 9.6 is official. If you manage to get your hands on one that hasn't been posted by me, or if you create it yourself you are on your own if (or when) your map is completely broken once the official 9.6 otb is out.

I can perfectily change the map with items from 9.54 but when I try to put the server online happens a problem 'Fatal : otbm loader - could not open the file data/world/' how can I fix it?

Last edited:
no we still gives me this error delete the file rme.cfg
and you said I did what we .. : S Fix it MMTA Best saken the beta 9 or 10 for more security and these errors do not occur porke I can not fix or just ke pass me your folder Remers see whether it serves. _:

u must change first 4 bytes of map.otbm

1. download Hex Editor Neo
2. open your .otbm file with Hex Editor Neo and change first 4 bytes :

to 00 00 00 00

rep me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back