• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new OT website development using .NET and updated tools

What you think about the idea?

• Total voters

StriterAlfa

Back-End Web Developer
Reaction score
What is Tripeace?
Tripeace is a open source website based on C# .NET language under development, to be another OT Tibia website option instead of PHP language version. The application has the same name that my old guild on global Tibia. You surely can use your OT Server name on the website, Tripeace is just the project name.

Who are you?
I'm Igor, a 3 years experienced .NET web developer, mainly back-end based, I worked also with test automation and developers team management. Nowadays I'm unemployed and need to raise some money to pay my bills and food.
My GitHub: igorquintaes · GitHub
My portfolio website: Igor Pauli Quintaes

What you will need to host it?
- Windows machine with IIS and .NET Framework, or Linux machine;
- Update the TFS MySQL database using a updated .sql project file;
- Optionally, Visual Studio to alter back-end logic;

Features:

- Multi-language support
The website has a default language, but you can add new languages and the user choose one of those.

- Security
.NET has a default protection that does not allow any kind of injection or unauthorized access.

- Multi-Plataform
You can host the website on a Windows machine or even a Linux.

- ORM Instead of SQL queries
You does not need make a SQL query to obtain data. You can acess the database trought simple variables and objects.

- Log whatever what happened on your website
As default the platform logs all IPs, accounts and what pages they tried to access. It logs too attempts to hack or to exploit bugs, system errors (to be easy to identify and fix), but can log everithing based on your configuration.

- God and Game Master dashboard
Contains informations to analisy and alter data based on administrators preferences.

- Full customizable template
You can change all the layout based on what you want using HTML, CSS and a similar PHP syntaxe named Razor to make some dynamic logic on the page (IF, FOR, Data variables etc).

- Post System
With new, polls, like a blog with whatever you want.

- E-mail System
With news, account recovery, account confirmation and more.

What I did so far:
- Database connection and mapping into variables;
- Multi-language System;
- Log System;
- Securely login system (block the access with 3 invalid attempts);
- Account Creation and login/logout;
- Character Creation;
- Admin Dashboard;
- Admin Account Management (List, Block/Unblock website login);

What is going to be developed:
- Admin Account Management (Ban, Unban, Edit, Delete);
- Admin Character Management;
- Admin Global Settings Management;
- Library
- Forum
- Post System like a blog;
- Guild system;
- Highscores;
- Premium and Vip/Items payment;
- About Page;
- Contact Form;
- And more!

What libs and tools this platform uses:
- C# .NET Core as main language;
- HTML, CSS, Javascript/JQuery and Razor Syntaxe to make the front-end template;
- Entity Framework Core as database ORM;
- NLOG to save system and user registers;
- Cloudscribe to make list paginations;
- AutoMapper to make object mapping;
- .NET Core Identity to create a security layer around website account services and access.

You can find the source code in the bellow link:
GitHub - igorquintaes/Tripeace: An open-source and free Open Tibia Website written in C# .NET

Donate!
It is a free and open source project started and in development by a unemployed guy. Please, if you can, make some donation to help me pay pending bills.
My paypal: [email protected]
igorquintaes · GitHub

Last edited:
If you think it can make your portfolio stronger and raise your chances to get a job, go for it. Just make sure most of the settings can be handled through admin panel and stored in the database, instead of random text based config files.

If you think it can make your portfolio stronger and raise your chances to get a job, go for it. Just make sure most of the settings can be handled through admin panel and stored in the database, instead of random text based config files.

Yes, I think it will make my portfolio stronger. About the settings be changed in a admin panel and stored on the database, it is a good idea and easy to develop. I surely will do it.

I'm retired for more than 6 years from OT servers and I'm new in this site. Is it the correct thread (based on forum sections) to post all updates about my development? Since it is not something that can be made in a week, I am thinking to use this thread to post informations about what I'm doing and some screenshoots about the development progress.

I already did some site mechanics and functions previously, I tryied to make a freelance work to a guy, but I stopped because he didn't paymed me like we arranged.

As example, what I'm thinking. This is the admin dashboard - just with fake data to test the layout
UiCe8tY.png

The website itself. I think is better create first the back-end (all the features working) and improve the layout design at the end
be9d553d-f106-452a-9021-e98878f6ff46
kKsxIu0.png

To be honest I never liked "plain" PHP, so this will be something I'll be watching.

As the front-end part, I think the default layout doesn't really matter, since most people change it. Will you provide a system for easy changing?

It will work with TFS 1.x series, or 0.3, 0.2 and OTHire also?

Database schemas · Znote/ZnoteAAC Wiki · GitHub

OTHire/MySql_Schema.sql at master · TwistedScorpio/OTHire · GitHub

If you would like some bootstrap based front end I can send you the one I made for CastroAAC.

Castro AAC

I did the database mapping using forgottenserver schema as reference. It can be changed or make a global compatibility in the future.
The sql database is: forgottenserver/schema.sql at master · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub

I'm using bootstrap lib to write all the front-end page. But is better does not focus on it in the begin of the development, back-end development should be working before start the design job.

To be honest I never liked "plain" PHP, so this will be something I'll be watching.

As the front-end part, I think the default layout doesn't really matter, since most people change it. Will you provide a system for easy changing?

Is not hard to change the layout - If you know HTML and CSS, you can change it. Only the different part is some data comes from back-end into a variable to fill the page or apply some logical condition. I can also create a tutorial "how to edit .cshtml files" after the development.

ORM? btw remember to put all config in a docker container if not is hard to people start using it, if you need some help or open the project i could try to help.

ORM? btw remember to put all config in a docker container if not is hard to people start using it, if you need some help or open the project i could try to help.

I'm using Entity Framework Core as ORM. I never had the working experience with docker. I will read about it, thanks

I just opened the source code and updated the main post with more infos and links. I will also post here all the development progress and screenshoots.

I would ask too why some guys consider it a bad idea, based on polls awnsers.

I just opened the source code and updated the main post with more infos and links. I will also post here all the development progress and screenshoots.

I would ask too why some guys consider it a bad idea, based on polls awnsers.
thanks you for this.

Update:

New features on admin dashboard!
* Gods and Game Masters are able to edit users account (account name, e-mail and recive news);
* Gods and Game Masters are able to ban and unban accounts (write a ban reason and set ban duration).

Soon I will change some rules about Admin user edit, as security.
* God will be able to edit all users accounts;
* Game Masters will be able only to edit users accounts, not Gods or others Game Master accounts.

Front-end is not my better skill, this way the development is going on a little slow. Also I have job interview on monday and tuesday (the second will be an english interview, ouch!), I will split my time between interview training and Tripeace programming.

Progress images: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Github: GitHub - igorquintaes/Tripeace: An open-source and free Open Tibia Website written in C# .NET

Back