• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion About art sections being moved to multimedia

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ShivaShadowsong
Hey guys, what's with the small art section being moved to Multimedia? Now even less people are going to see spriters and their work which is already scarce around here. It may be my biased opinion, being a part of that group as well, but am I wrong in saying we should pronounce the existence of such activities rather than shove it a layer deeper away?

If mapping showoff can have its own board which is featured on the front page, why not sprites?
It's true that custom maps are what's needed for a custom server, but so are sprites in my opinion and if anything, I've noticed that recently more and more people are enticed by servers that use custom sprites on top of other features.

The Small Art board is a board for all other kinds of small art (including signatures and whatnot) which may not be relevant to open tibia, but as far as game sprites are concerned, I think they're a big step towards OT customization and deserve their own spotlight.

Nobody except few people have been posting anything (especially recently) but sprites in the Small Art section anyway.

My suggestion is to move the Small Art section back to the frontpage, whether it be under the OpenTibia category or Community Chatboards, and perhaps rename it to "Sprites", and rename the "Large Art" board to just Art and have people post any art that is not sprites there.

I'll just make a poll and let's see if there's enough people in the community that agree with this in the first place.

Last edited:
Perhaps not until this drama is left in the dust and we can move on, but it will create a place to rehabilitate the environment from this mess and show that you that you care about what the community wants. I think that's more than necessary at this point.
So are you saying a forum under "OpenTibia > Downloads > Sprites" is what the community wants?

So are you saying a forum under "OpenTibia > Downloads > Sprites" is what the community wants?

If the section was created under downloads then users browsing the sections would believe they are all free to use which is obviously not the case with the vast majority just want to show off their works. Throwing the board under downloads is an incredibly awful idea and will be the plight of spriters who will no longer use this forum for showing off their works. You will kill the spriting aspect of OT's in this community if you go through with this change.
What the people in the poll want is to have a similar setup as to how it was before you threw three boards together.

I never was a part of any change on this forums usually I focused on art (maps and sprites) since 2009, but now it seems something is so wrong that I have to step in.
It seems that power has potential to corrupt and makes person unable to see problem from perspective of others. Tibia is based on three things scripts, sprites and maps nothing more to say here is required.

-deleted it was irrelevant to topic-

Last edited:
Okay so serious question for @Don Daniello
Would it be the end of the world to have a download section for free sprites AND a showoff section for showoff?

I hate being the spokesperson in this mess, but as those who are interested in this topic have agreed with me already, here is the full proposal (illustrated). Hopefully you can't miss the point now:

xUveCuB.png

Sorry for the bad handwriting

P.S. I don't want it to look like i'm bashing on you, there is some fair criticism and i'm really upset about this as you can see. At this point I'm just trying to illustrate my point to you in best clarity. I'm not here to start up drama, I made this thread with completely good intentions as it has affected something I care about, and something that helps push the community forward.

Last edited:
I hate being the spokesperson in this mess, but as those who are interested in this topic have agreed with me already, here is the full proposal (illustrated). Hopefully you can't miss the point now:

xUveCuB.png

Sorry for the bad handwriting

P.S. I don't want it to look like i'm bashing on you, there is some fair criticism and i'm really upset about this as you can see. At this point I'm just trying to illustrate my point to you in best clarity. I'm not here to start up drama, I made this thread with completely good intentions as it has affected something I care about, and something that helps push the community forward.
I think it looks lovely

We now have 13 posts in the "New Posts" widget. That's 8 posts more than on a competing forum. For now you are welcome to post Download links in the Showoff threads if you choose to share your sprites. If that happens regularly, we will have a forum under Downloads for them.

Back