• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Adding new monster ?

astamor

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to add new monster to the TFS ? I've seen many tutorials showing how to add new item but I've never seen anything about npc or animation.

No, that is the easiest thing in tfs. I mean to add new monster, with animations and new look. Does anyone know how to do it ?

Last edited:
so can i ask a simple question

you need older client with newer client monsters

or you have a new client
but monsters files are not exist in TFS " Data/Monster "

for the first one .. u need to edit spr and dat files
for the second one .. it's so easy

all you need to know the looktype of every monster in dat .. to prevent Debug :p
i mean if last creature in dat have number 500 .. if you make monster looktype 501+
u will get debug

but i need ur more explain

You need to have your monster sprites prepared and cut into 32x32 pieces (make sure you have all the sides - west,east,north,south and all the animations). Once you are done, you have to import them into a data editing tool (dat/spr editor) and set up the configuration for the sprites so that they are turned into an actual game entity (in this case- looktype).

I would give you a more detailed explanation, but the problem here is, today, you don't have access to many of such tools. There are old tools for this (BlackDemon's editors) which don't work for versions higher than 8.54. There is Noxitu and Storm editors, which could be buggy or unfinished from what I saw, but can be used to an extent. They should work with some newer versions. Ultimately, you have this tool that I'm keeping my eye on lately - looks incredible but I haven't used it yet:
http://otland.net/threads/objectbuilder-10-32.208334/

The best way to learn how to use any of these is to look at how previous monsters/items were done and create new ones by basing those values on what you saw was entered/used in whichever object you used as a reference.

I'm personally using BlackDemons, but a lot of people have moved on from versions such as 7.6-8.54 so I don't even want to bother explaining.

so can i ask a simple question

you need older client with newer client monsters

or you have a new client
but monsters files are not exist in TFS " Data/Monster "

for the first one .. u need to edit spr and dat files
for the second one .. it's so easy

all you need to know the looktype of every monster in dat .. to prevent Debug :p
i mean if last creature in dat have number 500 .. if you make monster looktype 501+
u will get debug

but i need ur more explain

That is also very easy to solve and that's not what I mean :)

You need to have your monster sprites prepared and cut into 32x32 pieces (make sure you have all the sides - west,east,north,south and all the animations). Once you are done, you have to import them into a data editing tool (dat/spr editor) and set up the configuration for the sprites so that they are turned into an actual game entity (in this case- looktype).

I would give you a more detailed explanation, but the problem here is, today, you don't have access to many of such tools. There are old tools for this (BlackDemon's editors) which don't work for versions higher than 8.54. There is Noxitu and Storm editors, which could be buggy or unfinished from what I saw, but can be used to an extent. They should work with some newer versions. Ultimately, you have this tool that I'm keeping my eye on lately - looks incredible but I haven't used it yet:
http://otland.net/threads/objectbuilder-10-32.208334/

The best way to learn how to use any of these is to look at how previous monsters/items were done and create new ones by basing those values on what you saw was entered/used in whichever object you used as a reference.

I'm personally using BlackDemons, but a lot of people have moved on from versions such as 7.6-8.54 so I don't even want to bother explaining.

I'm using 8.60 but as you said there are no working tools for adding monsters :/

Back