• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Configuration Adding New Outfits / Looktypes [Detailed + Free Samples]

In order to use custom outfits with /newtype command, you must edit "newtype.lua", at your talkactions folder. Of course, you need to place your .spr and .dat at your client folder.

Here's mine:
Lua:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)
	if(param == '') then
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Command requires param.")
		return true
	end

local t = string.explode(param, ",")
	t[1] = tonumber(t[1])
	if(not t[1]) then
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Command requires numeric param.")
		return true
	end

local pid = cid
	if(t[2]) then
		pid = getPlayerByNameWildcard(t[2])
		if(not pid or (isPlayerGhost(pid) and getPlayerGhostAccess(pid) > getPlayerGhostAccess(cid))) then
			doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Player " .. t[2] .. " not found.")
			return true
		end
	end

if(t[1] <= 1 or t[1] == 135 or (t[1] > 160 and t[1] < 192) or t[1] > 364) then
		doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "Such outfit does not exist.")
		return true
	end

local tmp = getCreatureOutfit(pid)
	tmp.lookType = t[1]

doCreatureChangeOutfit(pid, tmp)
	return true
end

As you can see, you must edit this line:
Lua:
if(t[1] <= 1 or t[1] == 135 or (t[1] > 160 and t[1] < 192) or t[1] > 351) then
Just increase the last number (351) to add all your new outfits.

Remember that all players need your edited .dat and .spr, otherwise, they will debug. You can make an installer using inno setup.

You need to source edit your server if you want to be able to use
/newtype command on it.

BUT, still you can use it on monsters, in monster file , just put the Itemtype[number of new sprite - look in tutorial] in monsters looktype on .xml file , and it will work. Worked for me for so far :)

You don't need to edit the sources ^^ depending on server version.. if you use 0.2 you need to edit the sources, if you use 0.3 you just need to edit the talkaction, and if you don't know how to do that don't even bother asking how to <.<

/To other ppl not to shiva, since i edit that ;D XD

Hey man , the tutorial and steps stay the same , you just need to get a new version of ItemEditor or edit your old one formats.xml , I dont have time to upload it now but i will do when i can ;D

Can i get the link ?
Or can you reload it ?:S
I cant download it .

thanks

loool.. i got it .
but it gots a bug look at this :

http://www12.speedy*****malware.localhost/files/25295083/download/Unbenannt.png

Last edited:
Added a new link to 2shared , anyways...
About corpses, you need the sprite , then import them , do new > item , drag your sprite into the area [like shown in tutorial] , set up the attributes you want in attributes , like "Corpse" and/or "Container" or whatever u want ... Then compile.
You will then also need OTitemeditor to edit your items.otb

But thats going offtopic

When i follow the steps and finally done i save it but when i Re-Open the program to check if its saved, it says that it aint saved.
Whats the prob

I cant open a citizen with 42x42 size in this program, it just let me open 32x32.. And 32x32 is much smaller than a normal citizen outfit.. i did check it in-game and my citizen with size 32x32 is 3x smaller than other outfits.

Sry for bad english

Back