• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Advice & Help with 7.6 OT

perro

Reaction score
-EDIT: Sorry for doubleposting, please delete the other post :c

Hi people:

Im making a new 7.6 proyect, slow rates, seriously and dedicated host.

But im having a little trouble choosing a server properly, since the last Old School server that i made just was totally murdered by wallhackers (Dead Touch OT :C)

Actually, im looking for a complete server, with yellow skull system and all those features hard to find on 7.6 version.

I was working with Avesta 7.6 SQL, but since ive figured that there isn't a autosave system, my project went down and im stuck until i find a good distro to work with. (I got the sources of Avesta, but the true is that I suck compiling >=) )

So, I wanna ask you nice people for advice: What server should I use?

I think this are my options:

1) Avesta SQL (If i figure how to add autosave system of course)
2) YurOts 0.9.4 (E,D,F) (I dont rly know the differences)
3) Avesta XML ( Is as good as SQL version?)
4) If you could suggest me another server, or even help me compiling Avesta SQL i would aprecciate it a lot

My best regards from Chile =)
My apologies if my english isn't good enough.

Last edited:
The best 7.6 you're going to get is Avesta, it's based off the Avesta branch of the OTServ SVN so it's plenty stable. Learn to compile and make an NPC to save it every x minutes. You're going to have to learn some things if you want to make a successful OTServ.

The best 7.6 you're going to get is Avesta, it's based off the Avesta branch of the OTServ SVN so it's plenty stable. Learn to compile and make an NPC to save it every x minutes. You're going to have to learn some things if you want to make a successful OTServ.

That is the brightest idea that i've read on this topic.

Do you think that is possible adding the Npc saver without compiling? I mean trying only with lua & scripts.

I hope yes.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

And yeah you should be able to make a script as long as there is a /save function GM's can execute.

Yeah, got it.

Im figuring how can i set a time parameter, i mean a frecuency between the npc executes the /save command could be 10 min, 20 min.

I'll notice you if i find how to.

Thanks again

-EDIT: More tips about the script will be apreciated.

Last edited:
PHP:
function executeClean()
	doCleanMap()
	doBroadcastMessage("Game map cleaned, next clean in 2 hours.")
	return true
end

function onThink(interval, lastExecution, thinkInterval)
	doBroadcastMessage("Game map cleaning within 30 seconds, please pick up your items!")
	addEvent(executeClean, 30000)
	return true
end

I think thats it, next time just use search function.

PHP:
function executeClean()
	doCleanMap()
	doBroadcastMessage("Game map cleaned, next clean in 2 hours.")
	return true
end

function onThink(interval, lastExecution, thinkInterval)
	doBroadcastMessage("Game map cleaning within 30 seconds, please pick up your items!")
	addEvent(executeClean, 30000)
	return true
end

I think thats it, next time just use search function.

It did not work.

But i've found another way for saving server

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Back