• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Advice & Help with 7.6 OT

perro

Reaction score
-EDIT: Sorry for doubleposting, please delete the other post :c

Hi people:

Im making a new 7.6 proyect, slow rates, seriously and dedicated host.

But im having a little trouble choosing a server properly, since the last Old School server that i made just was totally murdered by wallhackers (Dead Touch OT :C)

Actually, im looking for a complete server, with yellow skull system and all those features hard to find on 7.6 version.

I was working with Avesta 7.6 SQL, but since ive figured that there isn't a autosave system, my project went down and im stuck until i find a good distro to work with. (I got the sources of Avesta, but the true is that I suck compiling >=) )

So, I wanna ask you nice people for advice: What server should I use?

I think this are my options:

1) Avesta SQL (If i figure how to add autosave system of course)
2) YurOts 0.9.4 (E,D,F) (I dont rly know the differences)
3) Avesta XML ( Is as good as SQL version?)
4) If you could suggest me another server, or even help me compiling Avesta SQL i would aprecciate it a lot

My best regards from Chile =)
My apologies if my english isn't good enough.

Last edited:
YurOts is good, Goobers OT uses it and its pretty bug free as far as old 7.6 bugs go

goobs-serv.com

I really apreciate your help, could you especify the version?

Couse as far as I know there are YurOts 0.9.4 D, YurOts 0.9.4 E, and a lot of stuff like that.

Oh and by the way, can you wallhacking on that version?, did someone add the yellow skull?

I was retired from OT's 2 years ago so, i dont know if the old YurOts got update or something.

Regards.

-EDIT: People, what do you think about hosting Avesta SQL without autosaving? is kind risky dont you think? Maybe i should go with another server :c

Last edited:
What save option does it standard have? (so gm can save the server)

Couse im not gonna be online to saving every 20 or 10 min, so if the server crushes or something, it wont be nice to players loosing 10 min of exping, or skilling or whatever.

How stable is Avesta anyway??

Last edited:
Not sure about Avesta, but downgrading OTServ 0.6.3 to an older version (7.1 through 7.7) has been somewhat popular when it comes to choice of distributions for an oldschool server.

Not sure about Avesta, but downgrading OTServ 0.6.3 to an older version (7.1 through 7.7) has been somewhat popular when it comes to choice of distributions for an oldschool server.

Oh, really?

Do you know where can i get more info about that?
Oh, and do you know something about the Avesta stability?

Thanks for all your opinions.

-EDIT: Anyone knows something about Avesta stability? D:!

Last edited:
ANYONE KNOWS HOW MANY HOURS AVESTA CAN BE ONLINE WITHOUT CRUSH?

Sorry for the large font, but nobody seems to notice my question.

I really apreciate your help, could you especify the version?

Couse as far as I know there are YurOts 0.9.4 D, YurOts 0.9.4 E, and a lot of stuff like that.

Oh and by the way, can you wallhacking on that version?, did someone add the yellow skull?

I was retired from OT's 2 years ago so, i dont know if the old YurOts got update or something.

Regards.

-EDIT: People, what do you think about hosting Avesta SQL without autosaving? is kind risky dont you think? Maybe i should go with another server :c

YurOTS 9.4F, although with all the source edits hes done it doesn't really matter. We have auto saving at Goobers, I don't know if it was default or if he added it himself. We use yellow skulls as a means for identifying gamemasters and other staff, so theres no yellow skull system. The server is non-pvp except for some pvp-enforced and pvp areas, so we never needed it. And theres no wall-hacking or wall deleting, but thats due to some custom source edits (you can't throw items down stairs, in water.. you can't make items go off the screen besides making them go in your inventory)

Back