• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Aegina: Travelers Final Voyage

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
Introduction:
First of all, what is Aegina? Aegina is an RPG based project, where everything is based around a storyline. Everything that will be featured on the server will be tied into the storyline of the server in some type of way. Yes, that means everything you find on the server will have a purpose in the game. Interested in what the storyline actually is? Continue to read this brief preview…

“You were a noble traveler from the world of Jericho. You were sent on a voyage to the Islands of Cretes with a crew to map out the new lands. One night you awoke to a horrific storm which created a massive whirlpool and sucked your boat in. When you awoke, you were surrounded by giant ogres with clubs and spears. Just in a flash, a storm of arrows rained down and killed all of the Ogres. You were approached by a group of soldiers. You quickly found out that you were in a totally different world. The whirlpool was actually a portal to Aegina. You’ve only heard about this world in books as a child. You were told that the Ogres came from the portal centuries ago and has been ravaging the lands of Aegina ever since. Nobody has been able to close the portal which the Ogres keep spewing out. After weeks of training, you were sent to the King of Aegina. When you spoke of Jericho, the King was at disbelief. Without speaking, the King walked to his bookcase and withdrew a massive book. In the book, it described a noble warrior that would stop the war between the Ogres and the Aeginians. This warrior is you. You are the only one who can close the portal and end this war. You are the mighty prophet of Aegina!”

This is only a brief preview of the storyline. As development begins, teasers will be released on a weekly basis showing off the new content along with the storyline behind it. Remember, everything that will be featured in the project will be linked to the storyline in some type of way.

Mission Plan:
We want to create a server that people will enjoy playing. When I came back to open tibia, I saw many “RPG” servers, but there were no quests involved. A true RPG server should contain massive quests to keep the community entertained. It’s not role playing if you do not have a role in the server besides hunting and leveling. So I’ve decided to select a team of people who are experts in their field of work to create an experience that has yet to be created. We will all have our different roles in contributing to the success of this server. Interested in becoming a part of the team? Continue reading…

The Team:
In the past, I was never organized with my team. It will be different this time around. The team will have 3 components: the mappers, the scripters and the story writers. Everyone has their different style of doing things and different strengths and weaknesses. This is why we will subdivide the 3 components so that everyone is placed to work in their strong suit. Also, communication will be key in the organization of the team. There will be group chats with the entire team to do check-ins and brainstorming to make sure we are all on the same page. Finally, time management. We do not wish to overload anyone with work, because patience is virtue. If anything is rushed then the project will not exceed its maximum potential. The key reason why projects fail is because of impatience. So each member of the team will be given weekly assignments, however, if you wish to work at a faster pace then we can discuss this.

Mappers:
Uckington
H4CK3R
Zaux

Scripters:
None :(

My Role:
Many leaders of projects gathers a team together and doesn’t contribute to their own project. This is why projects die because the leaders themselves become inactive. I have a bunch of roles in the development of Aegina. First of all, I myself will be mapping for the project. I am also creating the storylines for the project (which are already in development). Scripting isn’t something I’m strong at so I’ll let the experts handle that field. I’ll also be hosting the server when it is fully developed. Finally, I’ll be putting it all together, merging the maps, adding the scripts and everything else to make sure everything is properly linked together.

Application:
This is a universal application. The most vital part of the application is showing examples of your work so please show examples of your work. If you do not wish to post your examples in the thread, feel free to PM me your application.
Code:
Language: [Communication reasons]
Communication: [MSN/Skype]
Position: [Mapper, Scripter, Story Writer]
Examples of Work: [Images, Links]

Misc:
  • All applicants will receive a PM within 24 hours of submitting your applications stating whether or not you are accepted.
  • Being a part of the staff does not guarantee you a Game Master position.
  • Members will be given weekly assignments. If you wish to work at a faster pace, ask for assignments in advance.
  • Teasers will be posted as development begins to pick up.
  • Test server will be vital, keep on the look out for further information about that in the future.

Optional:
If anyone is interested in doing a little graphic designing for the project, please PM me.

Last edited:
Nice to see this project getting started ^^
if u need a story writer i can still help u but only at the evenings because i got classes during the day...

Nice to see this project getting started ^^
if u need a story writer i can still help u but only at the evenings because i got classes during the day...
Yeah, I've been trying to catch you on Skype but I could never catch you. We have to talk about what time we could talk or just leave msgs in each others inbox.

Seems like a nice project, quest/storyline based is always fun. Hope to see the project running soon!

Seems like a nice project, quest/storyline based is always fun. Hope to see the project running soon!
Thanks. Within the next couple of days, I might give you guys a sneak peek into the storyline to give people a taste of what's to come and also to get some feedback.

BTW:
If I wasn't clear enough, the development of the server has already started!

I've updated the first post. It now contains a preview of the storyline as well as some additional information. Please read and give feedback!

Language: Netherlands English
Communication: Msn:[email protected]
Position: I am a mapper
Examples of Work: Sorry but i cant upload pictures
You seem to apply to every project that is on OTLand. Sorry, you do not seem like a serious candidate.

Last edited:
Mapping has begun to develop, but we're still searching for scripters!

Last edited:
I wish you best of luck,
It actually amazing story even with some lines you made me WOW.
Waiting to see it online.
Regwards,
Hyral.

The first part of the map is coming along great. All we need are some scripters to add all the pieces together!

nice to hear its going good :), too bad i don't got that much time :/ and i'm allready enrolled in another project so cant join as storywriter atm :(
but i'll keep following this and maybe when i got some more time in the future i'll join

keep it up

nice to hear its going good :), too bad i don't got that much time :/ and i'm allready enrolled in another project so cant join as storywriter atm :(
but i'll keep following this and maybe when i got some more time in the future i'll join

keep it up
I saw you joined another project. Good luck with that. Yeah, keep following the project. I'll be adding some more info later. I might start a discussion thread soon.

Well, just to give you guys an update. The starting Island is being developed. The town is just about finished. All that is left is the hunting grounds outside of the city walls that will link up to the quests.

We're in need of scripters to help piece everything together. The NPC's need to start being created so that we can soon test everything.

Welcome Uckington and H4CK3R to the team! With them joining, expect some teasers really soon!

Now that we have a solid core of mappers, scripters are VITAL! Come on guys, where are you hiding?!?

Back