• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AFS-CMS 2 - Info

Avarian

Bring Out Your Dead!
Reaction score
Until I find a new job i've got lots of free time. So hence, afs-cms 2.

I was going through the AFS-CMS files looking to fix any security lapses, because as it's well known there are some, and basically came to the conclusion that it needs a COMPLETE re-write. Myself and previous coders were quite messy with are programming, which is partly what led to the security issues.

So..
AFS-CMS 2 Goals:
Security, security, security.
Even more user friendly.
Cleaner programming.
TFS 0.3 series support.

I just started programming again last night, so don't have any high hopes for a new release soon. The only thing i've finished is the new web based configuration system.

If I do end up getting a new job relatively fast and find myself to busy to finish the re-write i'll pass everything onto another PHP programmer.

i found a nice new layout i tried to add, but failed miserable, maybe u could include it?

ill let u get on with that then and then ill give u more to think about.

Suggestions:
A more advanced character creation page. So people can edit more from the page.
Keep all previus funktions.
Download page, screenshot page, video page.
Banning ip adresses from the page.

Thx for a very great AAC ^^

If you still making AFS-CMS2 check it for linux. As I remember the first version has few issues with letters size etc.

I don't think that has anything to do with Linux or not, it's about your webbrowser.

Avarian said:
I come up with new ideas as I work so I find myself re-writing code a lot lol (slows progress down a bit)
I implemented the new error system, and a new function to switch databases. I was just going to install the configs into the users OTS database, but thats just messy, so they get their own now.
Basically the core is done, but then I found myself thinking of some new security measures so those will have to be coded and implemented to replace the existing one.

Hoping to have a major release before christmas
hio

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great, I am waiting for this:) if I could help in anyway, don't doubt to pm me about it.

Back