• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another Custom Client Thread

cgrayx

Reaction score
Hi,

Like loads of other players, I am trying to figure out how to make a bot work with a custom client. I understand that many OT owners use a few methods to stop botters: 1) changing window class name 2) packing client with SPR/Dat causing debug if not used and 3) changing version.

I've managed to unpack the custom client so now I have their dat, spr etc at my disposal and I used Vapus' custom client creator to create a client which connects using their IP and correct RSA. The thing I'm getting stuck on now is changing the version: I've done it simply via resourcehacker etc., and that doesn't suffice, I still get a "only clients with protocol 3.30 allowed". So I figured I have to edit it via hex, or find the packet with OllyDBG. I happen to be completely noobish with OllyDBg and don't know too much about hex editing.

After sniffing the packets with Wireshark, I was still unable to identify the part where it tells the client what version you are connecting with.

Any idea how I'd go about changing the packets so it sends a diff version or hex editing it so it does it automatically. I've searched to no end on this forum and others!

Back