• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anybody hitting the gym?

For everybody that's wondering. You can get "ripped" without paying a huge amount of money to go to a gym. Within three months of training at home, you will look "ripped".

When I finish a workout at home I feel like I didn't do diddly squat :(

For everybody that's wondering. You can get "ripped" without paying a huge amount of money to go to a gym. Within three months of training at home, you will look "ripped".

Easy way is to replace all drinks you have for water, and go for a run every now and then. You could have the biggest muscles but if you have fat covering them then you wont look ripped. To look ripped you need to be below about 20% to start seeing results.

And i would say training at home IS the best way. Only thing a gym has is expensive equipment and i guess more motivation but if you can push yourself at home - you'll be fine. Though imo 3 months at home is abit of a tough shot if you train hard only 1-2 times a week. I'd say 6 months at home is a reasonable time frame if you keep disciplined. That is fitting your work out around work/school/etc. I train almost daily because i have to - not a case of whether i want to or not. So there's my motivation that keeps me going. However, gym is 1.5 miles away, so when i do go gym, i run there. + behind me are some really uneven terrains which is great.

I generally mix up with circuit training and fartlek and interval throughout the week. My fartlek is the uneven terrain running and interval and circuit i tend to do in the gym because it's more practical for me :). But i do own weights, a weight bench which i use most days.
And regardless to having a rest day or not, i generally do - but for my arms i don't. Use weights everyday til my arms give in. you can say what you want BUT

[video=youtube;JHiKDa4ip_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiKDa4ip_Q[/video]
lol

I am doing cardio 20 minutes every workout.

Do you guys have any motivation songs or speeches?[video=youtube;Sk56VxaeqEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ[/video]

Also Al Pacino speech from movi "Any Given Sunday".

The problem with all these 14-15 years old kids going to gym feeling badass wile having as " huge " muscles as I had with 12 years pounding my fking pudding (yumyum) and well fk that Its disgusting. tbh wile showering you can see how male kids are (aint sure if women shower or guys without dicks.)

If you're under 16 then NEVER lift heavy weights, I was lifting heavy weights when i started at 14 then in 4 months problems happened to my chest bones so I'll probably use a brace or a surgery.
First I ignored all those words and I believed they're just rumors but now I really regret it.
going to start again at 16 tho :p

that's a lie. The reason why you started having problems was probably because you weren't lifting correctly... That is the issue with most people who lift, they want to get huge fast without learning how to do a specific lift correctly. Take it easy at first, then get heavier, i would just recommend doing Bench / Squats till your more experienced. Then you can move to power cleans, push press, and the more difficult lifts like that.
Sorry if i came off too mean, I've just seen too many accidents

that's a lie. The reason why you started having problems was probably because you weren't lifting correctly... That is the issue with most people who lift, they want to get huge fast without learning how to do a specific lift correctly. Take it easy at first, then get heavier, i would just recommend doing Bench / Squats till your more experienced. Then you can move to power cleans, push press, and the more difficult lifts like that.
Sorry if i came off too mean, I've just seen too many accidents

You're right, I was always ignoring my trainer and lifting 3x more so if he told me to lift 5 kg on X exercise I lift 15 or something XD
Well, is there anyway to treat the problems or its permanent?

so you want me to believe that in Bosnia & Herzegovina theres no 12ies at your gyms.==
In Bihac,I didin't see any :p However I see alot of skinny people that go to the gym for 3-4 years and get no result. I've been going for 3 years,but In the last like 6 months of drinking L-karnitine i'm seeing the biggest results

This notion that weightlifting shouldn't be done by young individuals because it can lead to stunting growth, are completely insane, and unfounded.

I can use myself as an example, I started weight lifting (snacth & clean and jerk) when I was 12, and now as an adult (24 years old), I'm 188cm (6'1) and 140kg (320lbs) at around 10-12% body fat. I don't believe that makes me small, or had my growth stunted by any means.

The reason for this, is that the body can't tell the difference between you lifting weights or going through normal life struggles, and the human body works in a way that it adapts over time to stresses put on it. In a more natural environment (think "caveman" times), I believe it is easily imaginable that a person aged over 12 would have to do some physical work, and carrying, be it to help with hunting and harvesting, or just manual chores.

The problem with weight training as a younger individual is training properly. When someone is new to something, and it being a physical activity, injury is at high-risk. That is why it is very important for younger trainers to be taught proper lifting techniques/form. Also, it is during these years that a person will learn tendencies they will continue to do throughout their whole life time, so it is important to be taught right from the start.

Furthermore, when you are younger, it is the time you will see the most growth you will have, and thus, probably your biggest strength gains. Training during this time will help build a foundation for the rest of your life, and shouldn't be easily dismissed.

Also, if you need some real motivation, something to see, here is a 13 year old girl from Russia that can bench 110kg (242lbs) under competition rules.

Stop being out done by little blonde girls.

[video=youtube;bxAc97K2I5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxAc97K2I5M[/video]

Also at 2:27 of the video, you see her pose with other people.. who are full grown adults, and she is taller than most of them, outside of Mike Jenkins (who is 400lbs+ and 6'6), and 2 other guys, so stop the bullshit about weight training stunting growth.

Last edited:
qaush - my gym is only open to 16+.

we have a gym called " elan"

its probably the best gym I know about, inclouding 15 Saunas with diffrent smells inside like lemon and shit. Swimming pools, wirlepools, Massages (inclouded in your payment, no need to pay anything on top)

so its actually more than just a gym, but yeh we got alot of kiddies..

15 Saunas with diffrent smells inside like lemon and shit.
shit.

Saunas smell like shit :O

Anyways, I am experiencing pain while doing push ups. The pain is located in the wrist area. Anyone knows the reason to it and how can I prevent it?

Yea i had those too when doing bench presses and shit :p U should stretch alot,since if u are getting that pain in ur wrist,means u don't stretch enough. Try doing some pull-ups before those :p

Back