• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anybody hitting the gym?

Yea i had those too when doing bench presses and shit :p U should stretch alot,since if u are getting that pain in ur wrist,means u don't stretch enough. Try doing some pull-ups before those :p

I have read that the pain is caused by stress on wrists while doing push ups. Need to do excersizes to make wrists stronger and more flexible.

I'm still trying to grow some more before I start lifting weights and such but my older brother is so ripped. His new years resolution last year was to work out monday-friday for a whole year. He started out as a normal guy but now he's huge lol.. He told me he's going to to keep working out for the rest of his life. The best forum for working out is the bodybuilding forum. They have everything, what kind of supplements, best works outs, hilarious people, just a good forum to check out.

Today I did biceps an back. Tommorow is the leg day.

Do rather "upper body day" "lower body day" than legs and arms.. Abs and back should count as core workout and include some activity using that muscle group with both

I workout 5 times a week. Every week I have enough time for every part of body.

Do rather "upper body day" "lower body day" than legs and arms..

AyuQuZxCYAAegoD.jpg:large

That guy looks like his legs are just gonna snap ;s

My Week Training Plan:

Mon:
6am - jog (increase distance by half a mile each fortnight until about 5mi max..) At the moment i am doing 2miles. (since took a break and restarted)
7am - 2 minutes of pressups
15 seconds rest
2 minutes of V-sits with a 5KG kettlebell (dont have a medicine ball at home)
15 secs rest
2 mins of V-sits
rest

Tues:
6am - jog
7am - 2 minutes of situps
15 seconds rest
4 sets of 12 - 20kg biceps

10am - Gym - tuesday is rowing machine, crunches and chest press

Wednesday
6am - jog
7am - 2 mins of pressups
15 sec rest
2 mins of kettle bell swings (this is a killer)
15 secs rest
2 mins of kettle bell swings
rest

Thursday (minor rest day)
6am - jog

friday
7am - jog (jog to gym)
7:30 - gym - Leg press, triceps, crunches

saturday and sunday are rests..

I do vary this up quite a bit.. Sometimes i go gym 3-4 times a week maybe 5.. it all depends on what i feel like doing tbh.. This is my plan that i try to stick to, if i miss something i compensate later in the day at some point. I always go for a run pre workout since it is a good warm up and good fat burner. I try to cover basics of my core, cardiovascular, and upper and lower body thoughout the week. My training is a little biased on upper body at the moment - but do remember most my jogs are on heavy terrain with inclines, declines and rough ground, especially covered in 2ft snow.

My diet: Mainly white meats.. Fish or chicken - and also Beef 2x a week.
Water is my main drink - however i don't watch my fluids much other than drinking water while working out, and atleast 3-4 times a day.
Stay away from pork :< (miss bacon but i'm staying disciplined xD)
Stay away from any extra sugar.. if you actually look at the content of sugar in some foods it's unreal... Orange juice has like 20g per 250ml (about 5tspn) you just wouldn't disolve 5 teaspoons of sugar into a glass of water and drink it..

I don't even eat a lot of fruit because of this. I have either a banana or an apple ONCE a day. Fruit contains so much sugar - especially bananas, but they are high in potassium so i settle for them. I eat a lot of veg with high iron content. I have officially now cut bread out of my diet also. And stay away from carbs at night. The only carbs i eat are things such as pasta and spaghetti and i take them at lunch only.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

And so far i can match the army's "300 club" requirements and then some. So i'm happy with my progress and i plan to keep improving my fitness on a week to week goal basis. I have also decreased my protein intake at the moment while i try to cut down my fat %. Hoping to lower my BMI further.

Last edited:
My Week Training Plan:

Mon:
6am - jog (increase distance by half a mile each fortnight until about 5mi max..) At the moment i am doing 2miles. (since took a break and restarted)
7am - 2 minutes of pressups
15 seconds rest
2 minutes of V-sits with a 5KG kettlebell (dont have a medicine ball at home)
15 secs rest
2 mins of V-sits
rest

Tues:
6am - jog
7am - 2 minutes of situps
15 seconds rest

10am - Gym - tuesday is rowing machine, crunches and chest press

Wednesday
6am - jog
7am - 2 mins of pressups
15 sec rest
2 mins of kettle bell swings (this is a killer)
15 secs rest
2 mins of kettle bell swings
rest

Thursday (minor rest day)
6am - jog

friday
7am - jog (jog to gym)
7:30 - gym - Leg press, triceps, crunches

saturday and sunday are rests..

I do vary this up quite a bit.. Sometimes i go gym 3-4 times a week maybe 5.. it all depends on what i feel like doing tbh.. This is my plan that i try to stick to, if i miss something i compensate later in the day at some point. I always go for a run pre workout since it is a good warm up and good fat burner. I try to cover basics of my core, cardiovascular, and upper and lower body thoughout the week. My training is a little biased on upper body at the moment - but do remember most my jogs are on heavy terrain with inclines, declines and rough ground, especially covered in 2ft snow.

My diet: Mainly white meats.. Fish or chicken - and also Beef 2x a week.
Water is my main drink - however i don't watch my fluids much other than drinking water while working out, and atleast 3-4 times a day.
Stay away from pork :< (miss bacon but i'm staying disciplined xD)
Stay away from any extra sugar.. if you actually look at the content of sugar in some foods it's unreal... Orange juice has like 20g per 250ml (about 5tspn) you just wouldn't disolve 5 teaspoons of sugar into a glass of water and drink it..

I don't even eat a lot of fruit because of this. I have either a banana or an apple ONCE a day. Fruit contains so much sugar - especially bananas, but they are high in potassium so i settle for them. I eat a lot of veg with high iron content. I have officially now cut bread out of my diet also. And stay away from carbs at night. The only carbs i eat are things such as pasta and spaghetti and i take them at lunch only.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

And so far i can match the army's "300 club" requirements and then some. So i'm happy with my progress and i plan to keep improving my fitness on a week to week goal basis. I have also decreased my protein intake at the moment while i try to cut down my fat %. Hoping to lower my BMI further.

All I see is you talking about the army

Why haven't you signed up yet?

All I see is you talking about the army

Why haven't you signed up yet?

they are funding me through university nub. Then im going sandhurst to train as a 2nd LT.

So far i've been on 3 courses, and done asob breifing.

If i was joining as a soldier then i would of gone when i was 17. But im joining as an officer, so its much longer process and you need at least A-levels, but with a degree its a higher pay bracket and better promotion chances.

Well, I was on a diet. I am not that fat. I was fat, but I lost 7 kg and my body is now all messed up. I still have fat on my stomach and I tried dieting, lost 3 kg, but then my brother told me to, I quote: "Eat like a best, train like a beast". So far I haven't seen major changes on my body but I am getting stronger and some body parts are getting bigger and thicker. Next week is my 4th in the gym. After that I should start seeing changes.

My diet is simple; eat anything eatable, that is not bad for you.

Well, I was on a diet. I am not that fat. I was fat, but I lost 7 kg and my body is now all messed up. I still have fat on my stomach and I tried dieting, lost 3 kg, but then my brother told me to, I quote: "Eat like a best, train like a beast". So far I haven't seen major changes on my body but I am getting stronger and some body parts are getting bigger and thicker. Next week is my 4th in the gym. After that I should start seeing changes.

My diet is simple; eat anything eatable, that is not bad for you.

Yep spot on. You can eat what you want as long as you are active. :)

BUT as you "still have fat on your stomach" i suggest JUST drinking water for a few weeks. Believe me.. it will help. I have read and been told by a coach at my gym that people's bodies store water around their stomach but if you regularly drink water - it will realise you don't need to store it and you will lose a lot of the "fat". Try it for at least 2 weeks and if you notice a difference keep on it until your at the shape you want.

If you're under 16 then NEVER lift heavy weights, I was lifting heavy weights when i started at 14 then in 4 months problems happened to my chest bones so I'll probably use a brace or a surgery.
First I ignored all those words and I believed they're just rumors but now I really regret it.
going to start again at 16 tho :p

Then you were doing it wrong lol. It doesn't really matter what age as long as you warm up properly by stretching well for 30 seconds on each area that you are going to work and then 5-10 minutes of cardio to warm your body up. This prevents most damages at the gym at any age. You also need to make sure you are pumping correctly, i.e. not lifting too much weight in awkward ways. This can certainly damage your body (bones, tendons, etc). You should only ever lift 80% of your maximum weight, doing 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps, doing about 5-7 exercises per muscle group (I normally work 2 muscle groups per gym session). This is assuming you are on a bulking routine of course.

Most people now-a-days don't bother warming up or stretching at all and it causes them problems.

Last edited:
Yep spot on. You can eat what you want as long as you are active. :)

BUT as you "still have fat on your stomach" i suggest JUST drinking water for a few weeks. Believe me.. it will help. I have read and been told by a coach at my gym that people's bodies store water around their stomach but if you regularly drink water - it will realise you don't need to store it and you will lose a lot of the "fat". Try it for at least 2 weeks and if you notice a difference keep on it until your at the shape you want.

Will try. Tommorow going into my 4th week and hoping to see some changes.

Then you were doing it wrong lol. It doesn't really matter what age as long as you warm up properly by stretching well for 30 seconds on each area that you are going to work and then 5-10 minutes of cardio to warm your body up. This prevents most damages at the gym at any age. You also need to make sure you are pumping correctly, i.e. not lifting too much weight in awkward ways. This can certainly damage your body (bones, tendons, etc). You should only ever lift 80% of your maximum weight, doing 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps, doing about 5-7 exercises per muscle group (I normally work 2 muscle groups per gym session). This is assuming you are on a bulking routine of course.

Most people now-a-days don't bother warming up or stretching at all and it causes them problems.
I've never done stretching exercises or cardio, no one recommended this to me because I don't have any extra weight to lose, I'm underweight(174 cm/56 kg)

I've never done stretching exercises or cardio, no one recommended this to me because I don't have any extra weight to lose, I'm underweight(174 cm/56 kg)

U shud still do stretching and a warm up.

Stretching after and before excersize is very important. If you don't do it there is risk of injuring yourself. And SOMETIMES do cardio, because it will get your heart rate up a bit.

Your training zone is between 60 and 80% of your maximum heart rate.

Max heart rate is 220- age.
Then times that number by 0.6 and do another calculation times by 0.8.

And that is where you want to keep your heart rate in while training

Back