• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Anybody hitting the gym?

R

Runes

I was wondering is anybody on OTLand a gym addict or a goer. If you are let's exchange info and ideas.

I was wondering is anybody on OTLand a gym addict or a goer. If you are let's exchange info and ideas.

I was but now it's kinda mandatory, also kinda really needed for me especially since I'm going into the Navy, luckily they have a weight room, bikes, tredmills, pool, aerobics room, basketball court, tennis court, inside wall-ball thing court, soccer court, baseball court and football court. Only issue, I'm in WA State so 2/3 times I go it's raining or wet outside...

If you're under 16 then NEVER lift heavy weights, I was lifting heavy weights when i started at 14 then in 4 months problems happened to my chest bones so I'll probably use a brace or a surgery.
First I ignored all those words and I believed they're just rumors but now I really regret it.
going to start again at 16 tho :p

Im an addict, 3 times a week everyweek! What kind of week splits do you do? Got any goals?

I run 3 - 5 miles at 6am mon-fri and go gym Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Whether it be for only 1 hour or 3 I will make time. I used to do boxing, semi competitively but not at all since I moved.. I play rugby but due to weather it's been called off for a few weeks, but should be fine soon, so because I play rugby, use to box and joining the army as an officer(have to be in top 3 fitness out of my troop) I have to stay in peak condition.

Admittedly I haven't been training a hard at present but I've been preoccupied, and my runs are back at about 1-2 miles and increasing again.. The leg press at my gym is 180kg max so I can't progress that anymore (one leg can do it now..) so idk I guess I'm just maintaining now..
I lift 20kg biceps and 12kg flys, I either do 2 minutes of solid press ups or sit-ups (vary it) since army requires it t a good standard and I intend to get into the "300 club". Which as it stands I should walk it..

I fucking hate running in 3 ft snow lol but I did it none the less but it's gone now so that's good.

Regarding shakes etc, I drink water before, during and move to shakes straight after (with milk). Whey is best afaik but I hardly take shakes anymore *bc they are pretty expensive and I don't keep regularly to what I eat/drink lol. Tho I eat no pork anymore.

Means no bacon. No gammon. No sausages.
Yh it may suck but pork isn't good meat. I prefer fish/chicken and beef for lean meat and good for protein.

I am 5ft 8/9 not exactly tall but I weigh 10 st, and have a BMI of 17% hoping to get down to 10-12%.

Tip: replace all drinks with 2 glasses of water. I lost 1stone in a month just by this. Apparently if your body gets regular water then your body has no reason to store it and gets rid of it as well as helps speed metabolism.

Also it is good to eat six smaller meals opposed to 3 main meals. Speeds up metabolism(burns calories faster an higher) and stops you from "pigging out during day"

Last edited:
I run 3 - 5 miles at 6am mon-fri and go gym Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Whether it be for only 1 hour or 3 I will make time. I used to do boxing, semi competitively but not at all since I moved.. I play rugby but due to weather it's been called off for a few weeks, but should be fine soon, so because I play rugby, use to box and joining the army as an officer(have to be in top 3 fitness out of my troop) I have to stay in peak condition.

Admittedly I haven't been training a hard at present but I've been preoccupied, and my runs are back at about 1-2 miles and increasing again.. The leg press at my gym is 180kg max so I can't progress that anymore (one leg can do it now..) so idk I guess I'm just maintaining now..
I lift 20kg biceps and 12kg flys, I either do 2 minutes of solid press ups or sit-ups (vary it) since army requires it t a good standard and I intend to get into the "300 club". Which as it stands I should walk it..

I fucking hate running in 3 ft snow lol but I did it none the less but it's gone now so that's good.

Regarding shakes etc, I drink water before, during and move to shakes straight after (with milk). Whey is best afaik but I hardly take shakes anymore *bc they are pretty expensive and I don't keep regularly to what I eat/drink lol. Tho I eat no pork anymore.

Means no bacon. No gammon. No sausages.
Yh it may suck but pork isn't good meat. I prefer fish/chicken and beef for lean meat and good for protein.

I am 5ft 8/9 not exactly tall but I weigh 10 st, and have a BMI of 17% hoping to get down to 10-12%.

Tip: replace all drinks with 2 glasses of water. I lost 1stone in a month just by this. Apparently if your body gets regular water then your body has no reason to store it and gets rid of it as well as helps speed metabolism.

Also it is good to eat six smaller meals opposed to 3 main meals. Speeds up metabolism(burns calories faster an higher) and stops you from "pigging out during day"

Sounds like fun bro, all I know is Stretching first then CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO then Calisthenics... then streching again, and eat 6 meals a day, no bigger than the size of your fist and make it healthy, fibers, protein, fruits and all that good food. Stay AWAY FROM SUGAR though :l

Sounds like fun bro, all I know is Stretching first then CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO then Calisthenics... then streching again, and eat 6 meals a day, no bigger than the size of your fist and make it healthy, fibers, protein, fruits and all that good food. Stay AWAY FROM SUGAR though :l

NO sugar, alcohol, cigar, almost all drugs (almost cus i smoke sometimes jajaj) and too much fruits-vegetables, sports addicted me<<<< yodalike

I used to go 4 times a week with my buddy, he knew like every exercise and teached me. He also had great workout plan on which exercises to do each day. But now we go to different schools and we no longer keep contact much so i'm too lazy to go to gym alone.
Nowadays i just workout with dumbbells at home, its amazing how many different exercises u can do with those.

Edit: I got ugly stretch marks within the first 3 months i went to gym, don't know why, i didn't gain much weight there but i got them on my belly, triceps, back... hate them -.-

I used to go 4 times a week with my buddy, he knew like every exercise and teached me. He also had great workout plan on which exercises to do each day. But now we go to different schools and we no longer keep contact much so i'm too lazy to go to gym alone.
Nowadays i just workout with dumbbells at home, its amazing how many different exercises u can do with those.

Edit: I got ugly stretch marks within the first 3 months i went to gym, don't know why, i didn't gain much weight there but i got them on my belly, triceps, back... hate them -.-

I've been going for like 3 years now :p I got those too,only on my biceps,but they arent so big :p

Yea,I dont really have the time to say all that I do and stuff,but I go about 6 days a week , 1 day rest. I got pretty stuck,because if I dont go to the gym 1 day,i kinda feel bad xD

EDIT : And yea,I've been on a strickt diet for like 1,5months now. Taking L-karnitine and no sugar/fat/salt whatsoever. I do take it from time to time,in my lunch,but only in small portions. I do take whey protein shakes and they really improve my workout at the gym,HOWEVER i do think that u can go to the gym without drinking them,but u must have a nice meal plan

If you're under 16 then NEVER lift heavy weights, I was lifting heavy weights when i started at 14 then in 4 months problems happened to my chest bones so I'll probably use a brace or a surgery.
First I ignored all those words and I believed they're just rumors but now I really regret it.
going to start again at 16 tho :p

I am 14 years old and I am lifting weights. The myth about stunning your growth is not true. The excersizes that are done over-head and deadlift are stunning your growth. Also I have some fat over my stomach that is not really good looking. I do 20 minutes of cardio and then build muscle.

I am 14 years old and I am lifting weights. The myth about stunning your growth is not true. The excersizes that are done over-head and deadlift are stunning your growth. Also I have some fat over my stomach that is not really good looking. I do 20 minutes of cardio and then build muscle.

I was just lifting 5 kg max for excersises that are done over head, my growth was affected, I was 167 cm at that time and I just have grown 6 cm in a year(now I'm 173). Pretty sure it slowed down my growth

I was just lifting 5 kg max for excersises that are done over head, my growth was affected, I was 167 cm at that time and I just have grown 6 cm in a year(now I'm 173). Pretty sure it slowed down my growth

As I said no over head shit. I was at the gym the other day and this dude came and asked me how old I was. I replied I was 14 and he said I shouldn't lift weights at all. Depressed I started doing excercisizes that use your body as a weight. Later a different guy, that worked at the gym, said that I shouldn't worry about stunnning my growth if I am lifting 2 times lesser that my weight. I am 70kg's and lifting 40 kg's can't do nothing to me. Mike Chang from "sixpackshortcuts" said that overhead excersizes actually stunt your growth.

3 hours every 2 days. Not for musclesn shit just to get some strenght for my Martial arts training. Unlike 99% of the gymfaggots IDC how my bodey looks like, If it wouldnt help me with my Martial Arts I wouldnt waste my time.

Im training my mouse arm everyday :)

Eventually your body will change. Anybody using any suplements?

yeh. Muscles at my stomach were at a 4X pack form before I started visiting the gym, wile now its a 6pack. arms went huge wile they pretty much werent at all in the beginning-..

I was taking some weight loss supplements to get my bmi down.. was a while ago though.. And they literally tasted like cat piss.

Also i'm looking to learn krav maga. Best form of martial arts. It's what the Israeli secret service use and they are the best secret service in the world ;d. Honestly the more hand to hand combat i have, the better prepared ill be when i c omission as a sexy 2nd LT

Im training my mouse arm everyday :)
If you don't have anything smart to say, get out of here "Cyko"!

@Thread:

I am taking ISO Proteins after a workout. Having doubts should I use them but I am not a patient person so I rather use them.

For everybody that's wondering. You can get "ripped" without paying a huge amount of money to go to a gym. Within three months of training at home, you will look "ripped".

Back