• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AragonRPG Mapping Thread

The hole? Which hole?

UPDATE:
My scripter made it so you get bonus EXP from higher level creatures than you with a per level bonus that I can work with. Now I can truly say, get ready for a completely new style of tibia. Going to be some crazy stuff!

Example: level 22 kills a level 50 cyclops.
11:44 You deal 21 damage to a level 50 cyclops.
11:44 Loot of a level 50 cyclops: 22 gold coins, meat.
11:44 Bonus: 1400xp

The current ratio is you get 50 bonus xp per level higher the creature is from you, this will obviously be tweaked to the server settings.

CRAZY STUFF RIGHT!?

That's indeed a pretty cool feature, however it'll probably be just abused in teamhunting

Yea, thats very true; but the way Im setting the server up is going to remove most of that issue since the main idea is that the quests are whats giving you xp. Killing creatures is just a SMALL SMALL part of the server. I want people to follow the story line, team up; finish quests, etc. You'll get more of a visual as we progress. It kind of something you need to see the layout of, instead of someone explaining it.

I think the map is very well put together, I will upload some of my maps soon.. I'm a newer mapper, Go look at my new maps upload soon! Good OT, When will it be up?

Those are custom sprites you see haha, we've spent quite a bit of time adding sprites and recustomizing tibias sprites.

@fakie,
Ill definitely check out some of your newer postings seeing as you only have one picture up. I dont have a time set for server completion, I'm letting it go as it is and putting the time into each spot instead of rushing through. This is a complete altentative rpg tibia server with a new style and pace; its something to change the tibia game style.

@Peroxide,
Yea we are using just a few sprites from Lordaeron since I've seen a few other servers using the same sprites, for example: Necronia - Hero and other sprites.
Im just following according to what I see, so hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes and making anyone mad.

-UPDATE-
First NPC Quest is in place; Charlotte the Medic will be the first person you meet in Aragon to start your questline.

Pictures may come soon, I dont want to reveal to much of the starting area on here.. I only want beta testers to have tested it.
~only selected beta testers will be testing the questline until the official release of the quest line.

Just promise to have better uptime then Lordaeron & I wouldn't think anyone would have any problems.. seeing Elf own that OT I thought this server going to be -% lag best server ever! boy was I wrong lol

When the server is complete, as long as we arent suffering from hackers/attackers then we will be up 24/7. We are going to do the best we can to secure uptime, right now we have never had a crash (that has been related to bad compiling) and the uptime can be 100h+ easily. So Im definitely working off of a stable rev, lets just hope we dont get attacked. But even still, theres ways to secure the server to prevent people from attacking it a little bit which I can pay for when we are done. ~Firewalls, ddosprotection, etc~

Hopefully we have a good name though so nobody is attacking us.

We will be up 24/7, with lots of updates ;p

Looking for DEDICATED and DETAILED mappers, we're having an issue with one of our mappers and dedication so I would like to add some helpful hands to the project. We have the story idea down, and we are started on completing the server. If you would like to help the project and like what we are doing, please message me. DETAILED MAPPERS ONLY, I need people who seriously think about what they are doing when mapping. I know its a game, but its our project and its like we are developing our own game so please take this seriously and be prepared to dedicate time to this.

THANK YOU, I ACCEPT ALL PEOPLE AS LONG AS YOU SHOW BASIC KNOWLEDGE/SKILL AND SIGNS OF IMPROVEMENT.

aragonground.png

gaaah so awesome

@up,
WHAT HOLE!?!?!?! Lol, seriously, circle it for me or include the image.. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

@reasembled,
hehe, the minimap is coming along quite well!

Starting some sewers where you will set up a rat trap after being restored from your battle injuries ~starting quest type deal~

NOT FULLY DONE/DETAILED THEY WAY I WANT IT,
as you can see there are no plants on the water or anything, we are just starting.

aragong.png

The gold bag you see at the top of the screen is an idea I'm starting, there will be loot bags you find around the map if you explore.. this one is out in the open so you know about them right when you start playing. So anyways, they will give you a randomized loot; and I will set the items for each bag so when you use it, you will randomly get one of the rewards. :)

LOOKING FOR MAPPERS TO JOIN THE TEAM! MESSAGE ME!

Last edited:
Hopefully this update is successful, we're going to have mounts but with a unique way to get them. Around level 50, if you do the quest for a farmer you will get a black sheep mount for example and you will earn the war bear when you are sent to fight in battle by King Aragon. So the mounts wont be easily obtainable, but everyone should be able to get one.

mountsz.png

Im looking for RPG mappers; we have a bunch of new walls to work with now and other new items. So lets get crackin' and apply for Aragon!

I really wanna join :p but i cannot as limited time atm. Exams and my own project. But like i said earlier, after my last exam i will help :)
This project is turning out really nice :D

~Good job~

regards

Awesome, we got you on the team this summer when your break starts. Just give me a message and we'll get down to buisness.

FOR ANY ONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JOIN, message me or post in the job thread.

Thank you,
Extrodus

Glad we got another helping hand, I'd love to see what you can do with recustomizing some of tibia's sprites. For example the plate set, brass, etc. Which ever set you prefer the most (of lower lever gear) try to make them a bit more detailed, etc. - When you see this I'll prob be sleeping; but Ill call you when Im up. :)

Back