• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Arcade Goers

Status
Not open for further replies.

STiX

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Suggestion:
Don't ban arcade players just because they have 10 first-place highscores and play retro games a lot in their own time.

If you want me to not play because people try to memory packet edit to beat my scores, just come out and say it. I did not use any program like Cheat Engine or what not to hack my scores, regardless of what you, or any others for that matter, may believe.

Anyway, after my ban (not infraction points, an ACTUAL ban!) I think I'll avoid the arcade altogether.
It'd be a pain to build those scores back up again :(

Last edited:
You've been banned for being in arcade's highscores?

That's a shame for OTland. If this is true he should get that highscores back.

@Christiandb:
I don't really care so much for them, I was more annoyed I got banned for it - I could even deal with an unjust infraction or a warning, yet a month (or several week) ban seems a little extravagant.

@KuGaSh1rA:
Well, more likely it was because they thought I was 'hacking' my score, seeing as some scores were considerably higher than the previous top score.
Fact is, I didn't packet edit my scores or anything - even if it looked that way -.-'

Why would I draw attention to it by including a link to my arcade page in my OTF signature? It just doesn't add up, yet the score point increments did.

The funny thing is that you got highest score in 5-7 games at same day, lol.

The funny thing is that you got highest score in 5-7 games at same day, lol.
Obviously you didn't see how much time I invested into playing the arcade games those days.
No customers those days, the place was dead so I logged on and killed some time. Probably about 5 to 6 hours of random flash games.

Obviously, I don't expect anything to come of this - but hopefully the moderators will be more considerate in the future and maybe give a warning or infraction first w/ a chance to respond rather than an instant ban. I mean, I didn't delete 100 threads and hack the forum xD

It wasn't a moderator who banned you so stop putting the blame on us, Talaturen banned you.

I assumed it was, my mistake.
Couldn't really do anything other than assume considering I received no message or notification, just "You're banned for hacking the arcade."

I might have to point Tala in the direction of this thread, I'm kinda peeved about this.

I don't know about this situation and how much highscore you had but I don't think tala would ban you just because he THINKS you was cheating.

Well, there was some 'evidence' to support claims that I was hacking my scores, I'm willing to acknowledge that.

I know my way around a PC pretty well
I had about ten #1 highscores
I beat most prior #1 scores by a considerable amount (even doubled one I think)
I achieved most of them in the space of a day

But the fact remains, I didn't alter my scores by any means other than by normal gameplay.
I wouldn't have created this thread otherwise.

I understand how this may have looked from an outside perspective, but if I had of received a warning or infraction and my arcade access frozen, I could have had the chance to explain myself like this without losing my hard-earned, legititment scores. I feel a several week (or however long) ban to be blowing this way out of proportion, especially when it's based on loose, circumstantial evidense.

I would have thought, not to take a dig at OTL, that the staff here (administrators in particular) would have better, more important things to do than chase up on moderately well reputed OT contributors and followers' skills in the arcade and keep them in check with a 2 week ban, like clean up the downloads boards and ban 'real' threats to the community.

(expect me to fully extend this post tomorrow as I dislike typing on my iPod Touch)

Last edited:
I think you got banned because you was using some kind of memory editor. I did it one time for a test and got auto-ban also.

I think you got banned because you was using some kind of memory editor. I did it one time for a test and got auto-ban also.
I have a macro on my keyboard to make memory packet edits to Google Chrome if it starts to become slow and on the verge of crashing. That happened once whilst loading a game in the arcade, though no packets actually relating to the .swf file were made, the process the tab was open in was changed.

That's probably it then.

Sorry to anyone who took offense to my prior statements.
I suppose no-one else does what I do, so it's a good method to keep to prevent real 'hackers'.

Keep it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back