• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Archez AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all systems made to "be easy" ^^
it just complicates everything, another shit to learn...
of course smarty isnt that bad as visual studio with all that shit but still feels kinda strange
(whatever, I'm not designer so most of my work will be done in php anyway ^^)

I guess I didn't explain myself really well in my post about Smarty. I've implemented the template engine, but it's up to the website hoster to enable it or not. If you wish to turn Smarty off, the file that will be loaded is template.php, else template.tpl will be loaded.

@Bntz:
Not yet. :\

Yup as Archez said you will be able to set up what kind of template engine you want. The default one is lunched from template.php

If you
PHP:
$config['website']['smarty'] = false; // true = Smarty ON, false = Smarty OFF
turn the system on you will edit template.tpl.

Yeah I know, now its designers job to do both versions(converting is konda useles caus eyou need to understand both ways anyway)
Whatever, using it a bit wont hurt
(hmm, is it possible to add some benchmark to compare both ways? or even better make it optional, it could also help optimizing custom codes probably)

Yeah I know, now its designers job to do both versions(converting is konda useles caus eyou need to understand both ways anyway)
Whatever, using it a bit wont hurt

Noo, they don't need to! That's why I added Smarty, for those who don't want to do a PHP version or vice-versa.

Umm, I mean for public layouts, if there is only smarty version and owner dont want to use it but need to edit lay there is lil problem
depending on performance I'd choose to convert or get used to smart way of doin things(but one-way lay creators should expect nice spam ^^)

Umm, I mean for public layouts, if there is only smarty version and owner dont want to use it but need to edit lay there is lil problem
depending on performance I'd choose to convert or get used to smart way of doin things(but one-way lay creators should expect nice spam ^^)

If templates coders think a little bit more about money, they could convert templates from .php to .tpl or vice-versa for some extra $$$. :D

Archez AAC creating jobs!

Archez, you should actually use smarty to display your content too. But it would not work properly if they are able to choose in config, because then they must edit all view files to make them work with tpl, anyway this is just in case you use smarty to display content.

Great work so far! ;)

Archez, you should actually use smarty to display your content too. But it would not work properly if they are able to choose in config, because then they must edit all view files to make them work with tpl, anyway this is just in case you use smarty to display content.

Great work so far! ;)

*.tpl should include {$main}, //$main = $output from system/lib/archez.php
views will stay in version of php but if you want to change it, you need to edit class view and add there smarty displaying(in method render)

Last edited:

Great work so far! ;)

PHP:
$smarty->assign('main', $output);

+ averatec's explanation.

I implemented smarty to injections and views.
Injections can be configured in config.php.
example of using view with smarty:
PHP:
 $view = new View('path/file', true); // true means that view uses smarty and will be loaded file.tpl from path

Last edited:
PHP:
{if $count equals 3}<br />{/if}
or
PHP:
<?PHP if ( $count == 3 ) { ?><br /><?PHP } ?>
Which one is easier to understand from a designers point of view?

Your designer must be retarded. It's like you're not even trying with your argument - if I were you, I'd be comparing something else than the "massive readability improvement" between "==" and "equals".

And whom are you to decide their profession? If they wish to be a designer and does not have the time or need to actually learn and understand the basic understanding of a programming language

When you decide on a career that is directly in connection with computer programming, you're going to have to learn the basics of the language that your team is using sooner or later. A web designer needs to have the basic skillset of a web developer too.

Shorttags are not to recommend, they are not enabled on some web servers by default. It is therefore preferred to stay with the default, proper tags.
PDO is not recommended, it is not enabled on some web servers by default.
Writing PHP5 code is not recommended, it is not on some web servers by default.
$php_feature is not recommended, it is not enabled on some web servers by default.

didn't noticed it but what the hell is the reason to change so simple and natural == to shitty equals?!
if its only way of comparing then it should be called dumby instead of smarty

Could we finish conversation about smarty? everyone has a choice and we have to respect that

Any public svn where we can follow it?

Edit; nvm :)

When will you release this greaat aac??

The aac will have a forum like gesior to create post when you have the required level??

Going to use the same layout worgen made or similar to it? Or is that just for now? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back