• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on making the city bigger at the moment... :p I'll send you a picture over MSN soon. ;)

screenshot200811821448mm9.png

i really like the chimney idea Aburrio. very nice work.

Heres a shot for you guys.

Attachments

• jungleyummies.jpg
    jungleyummies.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 140 · VirusTotal
Yay, My first post:D

*Aburrio, I like it:D

*Weedman420, It's nice, But I think on the left side of the picture you missing some borders on the mountain

some of these maps are good but a common theme i'm noticing: far too much emphasis on details and less on functionality when they should be about equal

825-minimap.jpg

That's a kinda unserious map, and I'm not very good at designing cities, but what do you guys think so far? The shape and so on. I haven't detailed the northern\eastern parts yet, and I'm not finished detailing around the city either, but just wanted to know your views.

i have a suggesttion maybe try makin the whole little river across the whole thing so it would make the upper part a little island?

i have a suggesttion maybe try makin the whole little river across the whole thing so it would make the upper part a little island?

Ya, I thought about that too, but I think it would be too much islands if I did that, but we'll see.

I think you are up to a good start empty, if you make more land it would make the islands stand out a little bit less, and also, the big wall seems a little unfitting since any attack on that city would probably be naval. BUt i think overall, very good...more mountain, more wall, and more land :p
keep it up.

@ up -- about detail, i don't see why anyone complains about details, there are alot of details in real life, and there are lots of options for detail in map editors. why not use both to be your inspiration to make cool maps.

and about the playability of very detailed maps, i almost guarantee you that if you were walking through a very detailed map in-game it wouldn't seem as crowded taking it a screen at a time and seeing the levels adjust around you. Where a pathway may seem non existent it could actually be very clear in-game is all i'm saying.

Hmm, I'm not to sure about the grass border and when I removed the shade I was quite sure it doesn't fits in, but you have to try new things right? :).

i5xjyt.png

No shade: http://i37.tinypic.com/2pod0yp.png

First time EVER I like it better with shade :rolleyes:.

yea, just mix it up a little bit, let ther be grass hanging over at one part, but not everywhere. find some different ways to randomize that and it would look pretty good

Keep up the good work.

i Agree with neon , By the way if you fix it would be best for beginner

AHAHAHAHA :p

Hey i think it need much more details try again and you could do much better

What's the point of overdetailing? :p In-game ppl wont even think about it :p

When you think about it
when some people go Afk they want somewhere nicely detailed to chill with friends, if its a dull thing people are just going to quit. I take time to look at the details :) besides its good for explorers so ye, dull map = cr*p :thumbup:

oh my fucking god, peroxide....you have a brain, come friend let us hide from these "square is better" nublets xD

explorers to the max.

I think you are up to a good start empty, if you make more land it would make the islands stand out a little bit less, and also, the big wall seems a little unfitting since any attack on that city would probably be naval. BUt i think overall, very good...more mountain, more wall, and more land :p
keep it up.

Well, about the attack. The guard that will be standing at the gate will tell you how the town is being attacked by the cyclops residing in the mountain to the north from time to time, and so they built a wall to protect themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back