• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Aros.Online Custom Server

Hello everyone . I will be sending out the closed testing invites this weekend. Please be sure to check for a pm. Also if you had previously donated and have a record of it, them please pm. Those that donated will receive a reward for their donations.

Regarding donations.
Donations will be accepted, however no in game advancements will be offered. No equipment, nor supplies can be obtained from the shop. The shop will simply offer players a chance to help further the development, or obtain certain outfits/mounts. Moreover everything is obtainable in game.

Supplies:
Your potions can only be crafted. You can however buy simple ones from the NPC. In order to gain stronger ones you will have to craft them, or set out on questing.

Equipment:
You can obtain them from questing, or do some jobs for others or NPC's. Once obtained make sure you keep it as you can refine it into a armor piece. Once you have 10 pieces of armor you can then go to the forge.

That's all. More updates and information will come soon

one of the best forging systems
When I heard you will revamp the forging system (when the server was open), I quit. I hope you don't.
Yes, it was OP, but maybe you can give it a bit of a touch up to accommodate all classes.
Those who played knew which class was too OP, I was one of them, and I was that class.

Nonetheless, it's not a big deal if you don't want to go that route, just hope you have something better.

When I heard you will revamp the forging system (when the server was open), I quit. I hope you don't.
Yes, it was OP, but maybe you can give it a bit of a touch up to accommodate all classes.
Those who played knew which class was too OP, I was one of them, and I was that class.

Nonetheless, it's not a big deal if you don't want to go that route, just hope you have something better.

The forging system will still technically be the same. However I plan on having having it so you gradually progress in it. You can't simply take a first weapon and roll the dice and get a godly or Aros item.

The forging system will still technically be the same. However I plan on having having it so you gradually progress in it. You can't simply take a first weapon and roll the dice and get a godly or Aros item.
^^ that's stupid but okay lol

If I remember correctly the forging system was pretty op for knights/paladins and didn't do shit for mages. That is why I stopped playing because my friends were knight/paladin and were dominating and me as a mage it was no fun. I didn't feel like remaking or being forced to play paladin/knight just to compete with other people. That was a while ago though so I'm not sure what changed.

Stuff like weapon speed, range, and other mediocre stats on a wand don't do anything really. That is the problem with 99% of enchant or item stat systems I see on servers. They always benefit paladins and knights way more than mages. I already mentioned this to you plenty of times back when I was playing the server. You ended up say something about adding crit, mana leech, etc.. but I didn't stay around long enough to find out if you added them.

Players like the feeling of being able to get super crazy enchants and making themselves "op"" or noticing a huge difference with a good enchant. It's what makes it fun. Enchant system have the potential to be so exciting and fun but most server make it really lackluster. Not to mention most enchant systems are 90% about the weapon and then enchants on other equipment is pretty pointless. Stuff like more armor doesn't really do much. If you had small chance to roll cool stats like damage, crit, life, skills, etc.. on armors and such it would be more exciting, but as I recall it was mainly all about just rolling your weapon. Could even add super rare rolls like increased damage with certain spells, less mana cost, increased sd damage, etc..

You said it's been changed around so I guess we'll see what it's like now, but I'm not really expecting much.

If I remember correctly the forging system was pretty op for knights/paladins and didn't do shit for mages. That is why I stopped playing because my friends were knight/paladin and were dominating and me as a mage it was no fun. I didn't feel like remaking or being forced to play paladin/knight just to compete with other people. That was a while ago though so I'm not sure what changed.

Stuff like weapon speed, range, and other mediocre stats on a wand don't do anything really. That is the problem with 99% of enchant or item stat systems I see on servers. They always benefit paladins and knights way more than mages. I already mentioned this to you plenty of times back when I was playing the server. You ended up say something about adding crit, mana leech, etc.. but I didn't stay around long enough to find out if you added them.

Players like the feeling of being able to get super crazy enchants and making themselves "op"" or noticing a huge difference with a good enchant. It's what makes it fun. Enchant system have the potential to be so exciting and fun but most server make it really lackluster. Not to mention most enchant systems are 90% about the weapon and then enchants on other equipment is pretty pointless. Stuff like more armor doesn't really do much. If you had small chance to roll cool stats like damage, crit, life, skills, etc.. on armors and such it would be more exciting, but as I recall it was mainly all about just rolling your weapon. Could even add super rare rolls like increased damage with certain spells, less mana cost, increased sd damage, etc..

You said it's been changed around so I guess we'll see what it's like now, but I'm not really expecting much.

I completely understand your whole post. I have plans to include all wearable items in the forging system. I will explain kind of what I have in mind on this...

Forging is more directed to the melee class, such as a knight, Archer, or a berserker. They can forge their items for money, and metal objects/material.

Crafting will be aimed at the mage classes, such as a sorcerer, elder, or a pyro master. You will need to get magic dusts, creature products, and some money on certain things.

Hope this sort of clears things up. Each system offers different abilities, and upgrades.

Whoa... I'm going to bump an old ass thread....and say... I need people to test things out. If you would like to help me please feel free to DM me. The discord has been redone a bit as I have a few other games/servers that I'm merging into a single discord group. Here is the DISCORD LINK, I simply invite you guys to give Aros, and myself ofc another chance. This isn't just a server to me, its a hobby, and I do plan to further it more and more.

For those who decide to give the project another chance here is the area's that are to be tested first, an will be tested in this order.
  • Class's
  • Monsters
  • Dungeons
  • Reforging
  • Refining
  • Crafting
I feel that these are area's to be fixed. Reforging isn't the first simply because I am TESTING. There is a level limit on the system too. So please keep this in mind. Thank you to those who stuck around, an helped! An thank you for reading this!

Discord is down all over the world, please message us hear Mystic.
It's fixed, nvm.

Last edited:
The server is open till Monday at midnight unless otherwise said. Site is legendsofaros.com

AROSLOGO.png
Below you will find the current, and some future updates. Things listed as MAP will only be updated once a shutdown/restart has happened. Many have asked about reset also, please be aware no resets will happen until I feel this round of testing is complete!
9.28.19 v1 Changelog/Fix

• Maps - need to fix drop rate and locations of the monster chunks. - Fixed, MAP
  • Reforging - changed from using a coin to using 5887 (a piece of royal steel) - Fixed/Reworked - 9.29.19 - REVERTED
  • Dungeons - dungeons are still giving issues, people can block by afk - Dungeons TP is removed. MAP

9.29.19 v2 Changelog/Fix

• Dungeon Maps - The monster spawning in wrong areas are fixed, could possibly replace the current dungeon system instants. - Fixed replaced old dungeon system you CAN use a PARTY NOW! Fixed
  • Reforging - Now requires level 200+ to use, also the price has increased. - Has been inserted. MAP Fixed
  • Fixed ladder issue by reforging station. - Inserted, Fixed MAP
Some of these changes will be noticed once a server restart has been changed.

Last edited:
AROSLOGO.png
01 October 2019 (06:13) - 9.30.2019 v3 Change-log/fix
  • Distanced weapons - Reported attack is missing too much. Looking into nerfing the values to increase it. - Fixed
  • Distanced weapons - Reported attack on certain items was not fixed. - Fixed
  • Monster Levels - Monsters exp, dmg, hp, and spd was changed per level.
Old values :
0.10 -- 10% extra health per level
0.08 -- 8% extra damage per level
0.6 -- 6% extra exp per level
0.7 -- 7% extra speed per level
New values:
0.15 -- 15% extra health per level
0.10 -- 10% extra damage per level
0.15 -- 15% extra exp per level
0.07 -- 0.7% extra speed per level

Below you can see the differences in levels 1, through 10.
You see a rat. It has a level of 1.
Health: 23 / 23. EXP: 258
You see a rat. It has a level of 2.
Health: 26 / 26. EXP: 292
You see a rat. It has a level of 3.
Health: 29 / 29. EXP: 326
You see a rat. It has a level of 4.
Health: 32 / 32. EXP: 360
You see a rat. It has a level of 5.
Health: 35 / 35. EXP: 393
You see a rat. It has a level of 6.
Health: 38 / 38. EXP: 427