• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

I think dungeons should be for 3+ players :p
If there would be a lot of players(I hope so) then its a good idea. I remember the 3rd season when I had to use mc to enter the dungeons.

@Gaal
when is the official lauch date?
I hope that after 2 weeks you can tell us something more(about the progress).

xAvatarx
Balancing and fixing bugs mostly.
Making big quests and complicated scripts takes time :(

But the whole idea of a dungeon is that it's only for a team no?
I dont want to see players do solo on dungeons instead of playing on the map
And face other players.
On last season (the only one I played) the dungeons were awful.

Already changed the rewards and monster behavior on all dungeons,
Now I'm not sure if they should be available only for teams.

I'm sorry guys but I have bad news...
As we fix and tweak stuff, we find so many bugs and as we fix them we lose the balance on the server
Besides that, so of the new things I've added are also contributing to the unbalance...
Because of these facts it seems that the time for Ascalon's return is delayed, again.
I wont speak for Fare here, I'm doing my best and trying to put all my spare time on this.

New bosses are now located around the world.
These monsters can apear in many place and they can drop special loot such as
"Alchemy Coins" or crafting recipes.

The way to "Dalburn's Lair"
34fitna.jpg

Introducing a new monster - Beholder, lol

I'm sorry guys but I have bad news...
As we fix and tweak stuff, we find so many bugs and as we fix them we lose the balance on the server
Besides that, so of the new things I've added are also contributing to the unbalance...
Because of these facts it seems that the time for Ascalon's return is delayed, again.
I wont speak for Fare here, I'm doing my best and trying to put all my spare time on this.

New bosses are now located around the world.
These monsters can apear in many place and they can drop special loot such as
"Alchemy Coins" or crafting recipes.

The way to "Dalburn's Lair"

Introducing a new monster - Beholder, lol

Take ur time, better to fix things now than when the server has launched.

Sir Knighter

xAvatarx
Hard to say to be honest, I'm doing my best here :(
More staff members that can do anything would've help alot
But that's what we've got right now :-/

Sir Knighter

xAvatarx
Hard to say to be honest, I'm doing my best here :(
More staff members that can do anything would've help alot
But that's what we've got right now :-/

Why are you under a deadline anyways? Jeez I dont get why people rush servers out. What's the purpose. If you have to wait half a year and make it perfect and enjoy rl too.. then do that... I promise the same otlanders will be here then... Not to mention, otland is like 10% your playerbase.. Not 100% :p

People need to understand custom servers do not make enough money for us to bust our ass every free minute to make content, most custom servers are lucky to even pay the hosting bills... as not many donate to custom projects, only rl projects (The irony)

Sir Knighter,
You are totally correct.
The thing is, the deadlines work like motivation pills :)
That's how I gain progress :/
Our nature as human beings is to be destructive
We like to hurt ourselves and others in many ways,
I guess what I'm doing is one of the ways :D

btw, Your Archlight project is AWESOME !

Why are you under a deadline anyways? Jeez I dont get why people rush servers out. What's the purpose. If you have to wait half a year and make it perfect and enjoy rl too.. then do that... I promise the same otlanders will be here then... Not to mention, otland is like 10% your playerbase.. Not 100% :p

People need to understand custom servers do not make enough money for us to bust our ass every free minute to make content, most custom servers are lucky to even pay the hosting bills... as not many donate to custom projects, only rl projects (The irony)
this
Especially the part about Otlanders being only about 10% (at max) of your playerbase is true. Generally speaking alot of people comment here and let you know their two cents about your projects, but only a handful will acctually play.

this
Especially the part about Otlanders being only about 10% (at max) of your playerbase is true. Generally speaking alot of people comment here and let you know their two cents about your projects, but only a handful will acctually play.

Of the 35 people on my beta list, i think ive seen 30% of them talk about their own projects, 50% talk about other servers they are looking forward to playing also. only maybe 20% will probably play full time. So yea take otland lightly, as amazing a community as it is, it's not where your player base is coming from. My point being. Otservlisters dont care if you come out now or in 6 months. And that's your target market.

Also to avoid further disapointment, id say a realistic launch date. Something 1.5x what you think you can do. Then if it's any shorter... players will be excited. Not disapointed. :)

Just my 2 cents from 6 years experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Just take your time! no need to rush things now or get overstressed ;)
You keep on saying that you need more staff but why don't make a jobthread, i'm sure you will find some talented people there that can help you as full time member or as freelancer.
I don't believe that only 10% of playerbase will be from otland. Most people just don't use the discussion thread and only look at advertising board also some teams only have 1 player that is active on this forum to search for custom servers. the custom community isn't big anyways and atm there is no really decent custom out there but then 3 release and the community gets divided even more :p

Just release it when it's finished ^^ good luck :)

"It's done when it's done."
Probably the most simple yet straightforward way to describe when a project should be considered as Finished

Last edited:
My motherboard is gone and its weekend now :-/ sadly i wont be able to get a new one till sunday ffs.. have a great weekend everyone :)

How is the progress? =)
Would love som new pictures to get the hype going ^^
Anyways, good luck and I'm looking forward to the new era of Ascalon.

Back