• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

Just bring it on when it's ready xD

Some ppl are working in the weekend, some ppl work during the week, some ppl will have sports in weekend, some ppl will visit their grandmother in weekend, some ppl will be depressed during the week cuz of work, some ppl will be gay by the weekend, ...

Ill quit school and work when the server comes on so idc when it comes on.

Wether it's a release during the week or during the weekend, this shouldn't matter to any of us. What matters is the spare time any of the dev's can invest after releasing the server, making sure any bug, crash or exploit gets fixed asap, allowing the server to run as smooth as possible at release. So if this moment is during the week (which is never a bad time to release) let it be so.

Yeah I agree with the majority here, wether it be the weekend or middle of the week some body will always be doing something that will not allow them to log in on release and to try and please everybody you'd be an idiot to try just release when ready simple as.

DestinationSer,
Site will be active tommorow or on monday.
The advertise thread will be opened when the site opens,
I guess we will take 3 or 4 days after that.

I'm very sorry that my calcultions were worng.
:oops:

And it costs too much cash. Insane how it costs.90euro for 1 day countdown. And I am 200% sure ascalon won't pay back in donations. I mean seriously is there anyone out there that will donate alot of cash to a server that barely gives any benefit of donating? Other than the rune and staff you got in previous eras there was nothing decent in the shop. 1 outfit and 2 mounts for extra bonuses which doesn't matter that much.

Main problem here is that the server has no income because nobody donates for the sake of keeping a server online. Ascalon is basicly a project where the owner needs to own a company in real life to keep up. Its a money sink. A hobby where you throw your cash out the window for the sake of having a little fun. Unless Gaal is prepared to lose alot of cash I don't see it being advertised on otservlist. And if the server becomes slightly pay2win the players WILL be displeased, and some will quit for that fact only.

Now don't get me wrong.. I really like the server and I am pretty sure I am the guy that donated the most in every era. I bought event tokens cause I never entered any events and had points sitting on my account for no real reason because I wanted the server to stay up. I remember buying more points even tho I had enough points to buy everything in the shop atleast twice.

I just don't see it get anywhere unless there is a monthly subscription of some sort or anything that will actually make money to keep the server up.

Here is a prediction, if the shop is going to be same as every previous era this server will last around 4-6 months at max.

90€ for 1 day countdown ? Why dont make a free countdown lol

Back