• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

Make Ascalon high exp without lvl cap you should try it out we never played high exp without lvl

cap maybe make system like deathzot to merge items to get better tier this keeps ppl play tbh and remove this shitty lotto where u get t7 t8 lol dungeon system is fine what ascalon need is a GOOD STAFF that keeps working on it not like " ok guys we start in 1 week then after 1 week gonna say
we start in 2 weeks" and make no promises you cant keep aswell just do your thang and balance

the vocations maybe let the community say something we can give advices for most vocs they
need much balance and new spells maybe a spell system that u need to find the spells for your voc like spell books :) would be cool example- in lvl 1-50 area you find spells lvl 50 50-100 u find lvl 50 and lvl 100 spells and so on so theres always something to do ^^ and gold needs a value always when ascalon came out with the time gold was useless what about to use a (Mastery Points system)
where you can add stats like hp mana crit hp regen mana regen maybe also stats to strenghten your spells like u can put 5 "mastery points" on ultimate spells 10 on normal ones example lvl

50 spell each point makes spells stronger and at few points example at ultimate spell you put 3
points from 5 u have normal ult but stronger one at 5 points ultimate duration is longer cd is shorter and maybe it gets an extra dmg spell on it like ultimate is " Meteor rain" works 5sec as

example with 5 points works 10 sec cd is 30 sec with (no points) its 60 sec- when you put 5 points on it it gets extra meteors to fall :) There are so many possibilitys ^^

and Mastery points can be acquired trought hard quests missions and mostly levels maybe all 25 or 50 lvls 1 point just an example ^^

I hope you can do something with my Ideas greetings

Last edited:
make ascalon high exp without lvl cap you should try it out we never played high exp without lvl cap maybe make system like deathzot to merge items to get better tier this keeps ppl play tbh and remove this shitty lotto where u get t7 t8 lol dungeon system is fine what ascalon need is a GOOD STAFF that keeps working on it not like " ok guys we start in 1 week then after 1 week gonna say we start in 2 weeks" and make no promises you cant keep aswell just do your thang and balance the vocations maybe let the community say something we can give advices for most vocs they need much balance and new spells maybe a spell system that u need to find the spells for your voc like spell books :) would be cool example- in lvl 1-50 area you find spells lvl 50 50-100 u find lvl 50 and lvl 100 spells and so on so theres always something to do ^^ and gold needs a value always when ascalon came out with the time gold was useless what about to use a (Mastery Points system) where you can add stats like hp mana crit hp regen mana regen maybe also stats to strenghten your spells like u can put 5 "mastery points" on ultimate spells 10 on normal ones example lvl 50 spell each point makes spells stronger and at few points example at ultimate spell you put 3 points from 5 u have normal ult but stronger one at 5 points ultimate duration is longer cd is shorter and maybe it gets an extra dmg spell on it like ultimate is " Meteor rain" works 5sec as example with 5 points works 10 sec cd is 30 sec with (no points) its 60 sec- when you put 5 points on it it gets extra meteors to fall :) There are so many possibilitys ^^

and Mastery points can be acquired trought hard quests missions and mostly levels maybe all 25 or 50 lvls 1 point just an example ^^

Just, no. Ascalon isnt ment to be a 2k-28283932k server.

make ascalon high exp without lvl cap you should try it out we never played high exp without lvl cap maybe make system like deathzot to merge items to get better tier this keeps ppl play tbh and remove this shitty lotto where u get t7 t8 lol dungeon system is fine what ascalon need is a GOOD STAFF that keeps working on it not like " ok guys we start in 1 week then after 1 week gonna say we start in 2 weeks" and make no promises you cant keep aswell just do your thang and balance the vocations maybe let the community say something we can give advices for most vocs they need much balance and new spells maybe a spell system that u need to find the spells for your voc like spell books :) would be cool example- in lvl 1-50 area you find spells lvl 50 50-100 u find lvl 50 and lvl 100 spells and so on so theres always something to do ^^ and gold needs a value always when ascalon came out with the time gold was useless what about to use a (Mastery Points system) where you can add stats like hp mana crit hp regen mana regen maybe also stats to strenghten your spells like u can put 5 "mastery points" on ultimate spells 10 on normal ones example lvl 50 spell each point makes spells stronger and at few points example at ultimate spell you put 3 points from 5 u have normal ult but stronger one at 5 points ultimate duration is longer cd is shorter and maybe it gets an extra dmg spell on it like ultimate is " Meteor rain" works 5sec as example with 5 points works 10 sec cd is 30 sec with (no points) its 60 sec- when you put 5 points on it it gets extra meteors to fall :) There are so many possibilitys ^^

It's close to impossible to read this wall of text like this.

making high exp on ascalon would absolutely destroyed gameplay

Destruckto, The mastery points system is something I'm up for
hehemidu , I like the idea for the dungeon with the amulet :)

The exp rate will be lowered a bit, the main reason for that is
Cause now you get exp from almost all the quests (not as low as it was before)
Also we reworked the tasks npcs

You guys think its a bad idea to do all of this?

Add a poll to the thread about the lottery system.

Last edited:
nvm editing this comment

just make sure to advertise on other forums, as we see in this topic already its the usual guys that comments on every new server on otland and who end up quitting in just a few days/weeks. tibiaking is almost bigger than otland and i bet there's some similiar sized polish forums too, just having the otland players is extremely bad for the server. we need some new impressions and not the same old people on ascalon, who we already seen quit it every single time within just a few weeks as they do on all custom servers advertised here even though they desperately seems to want custom servers

otservlist starting soon definitely gives the most players but dont think thats gonna happen

Last edited:
we should also invite some streamers to promote ascalon :)

If we just put all our heads together and come with creative idea's.
If the topic starter is able to create our idea's etc. I think it will be the best Ascalon ever.

Suggestions:

1. Lower the exp rate (people ask for more updates since they reach highscores in 2-3 days)
  2. Add more quests/monsters
  3. Think about making more spells for each vocation, or making changes on the spells.
  4. Make 1-2 cities to have more places to explore.

This will give you enough time to make more updates and people wont complain at all.

-Greetings, Liro.

Suggestions:

1. Lower the exp rate (people ask for more updates since they reach highscores in 2-3 days)
  2. Add more quests/monsters
  3. Think about making more spells for each vocation, or making changes on the spells.
  4. Make 1-2 cities to have more places to explore.

This will give you enough time to make more updates and people wont complain at all.

-Greetings, Liro.

All of the things mentioned have been added or changed.
New city - Torvora

Any ideas for spells improvement and new spells??

Maybe a 3rd promotion? for each vocation and perhaps some idea of spells might be:

Sharpshooter - An spell that increases distance skill +50 for 6 seconds and paralyzing the target.
Assassin- Massive atk speed for 5 seconds (5-10 hits) depending on luck
crusader- Increasing shielding while stuning the target.
Berserker- Spell that increases atk speed, and while the spell is activated decreasing some hp% per second.

No idea for mages :p

@Gaal

Decreasing the XP rate is a smart idea IMO. Although you'll have to add more content in order to avoid endless grinding to get to the next set of content. One way of doing this could be by improving the dungeon system.

-Creating a goal within the dungeon. [Running around attempting to kill every last monster spawned in a poorly mapped area was the worst dungeon system I've ever experienced.]

-Perhaps, create a variety of creative goals within the dungeon and one would be randomly assigned to the party. For example:
1. Rescue the captured npcs from the forts dungeons.
2. Defeat the boss at the top floor of the palace.
3. Search and acquire the stolen heirloom from yadayada~​
These would require the players to explore different parts of the map and face different bosses and once the goal has been achieved the dungeon session would be finished. [Rewards given out randomly to members of the party on completion].

-Don't make the rewards too overpowered or completely necessary to have so player's aren't forced to grind dungeons but can do so by choice. [Mount's are a good idea, bonuses, unique equipment.] Rewards should improve depending on the level requirement of the dungeon.

-Remove the level restriction so that players who are above level 200 can do the level 50 dungeon etc. You should never be denied content based on being too high of a level.

-The exp gained from dungeons should be somewhat less than what a player would gain by hunting in normal hunting grounds. [To compensate for the unique rewards.]

Another suggestion I'd have would be to remove the outfits gained by having premium and in return, create more NPCS's and tasks in the 300+ areas to complete these outfits.

@Aeroo No. Exp should not be lowered at all, take it from someone who spent hours everyday trying to get level 300.. It takes forever already and if its lowered people wont even bother leveling to level 120 before they quit.

@Aeroo No. Exp should not be lowered at all, take it from someone who spent hours everyday trying to get level 300.. It takes forever already and if its lowered people wont even bother leveling to level 120 before they quit.

nice idea maybe we should start at lvl 500 too so we dont have to put any effort in lvling

nice idea maybe we should start at lvl 500 too so we dont have to put any effort in lvling
Last era exp rate was pretty low, lower than the first and second. Ascalon was first created as a mid to high exp server and lowering the exp too much will just not work. things get really boring really fast due to the semi small spawns and not that big map to explore.

The server has been played so many times now that a complete rehaul of the map with new hunting places is the only way i see this really succeeding. people know the server so well that they will rush trough the content before you have time to add something small.

You just broke the scale of the most ridiclously irrelevant comment of the year.
Last era was the hardest time to level at so saying that you should start at level 500 and not put any effort into leveling clearly tells everyone that just read your comment how you didn't read what I posted.

I said that If @Gaal were to lower exp stages people would quit playing so much earlier cause it would be close to impossible to even get to 300.. Getting 300 the last era was Really hard and I speak from experience as ive played pretty much almost everytime there was a new season.

Back