• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

Eh anti bot systems.. ppl can just sit at computer and we do live in the automated world. Let me introduce you to the work around. http://www.blueeye-macro.com/

As for GM.. This never seems to work. Mostly because every GM either played or starts to play once they get to the server. Then nothing is credible.

My memory is really bad so I don't really recall any of the systems. Only thing that sticks in my mind is that the 2 diff class paths didn't differ much except for one sucked and the other didn't.

For antibot system you can make every 15 minutes, all players must answer to the question using talkactions with exemple use mathematical result (10+10=x). If player doesn't answer, is kick from the server :)
Regards @Gaal

just add the antibot system from last era, it's good enough. ppl will still bypass it but it's going to prevent most of the players from afk cavebotting which is the main issue I have with bots these days

My memory is really bad so I don't really recall any of the systems. Only thing that sticks in my mind is that the 2 diff class paths didn't differ much except for one sucked and the other didn't.

I remember you played an assassin but I thought that sharpshooters were really good. They couldn't beat assassins on burst but I surpassed assassins which were a higher level than me at sustainable DPS.

Also, both berserkers and crusaders were good. Crusaders were hard as hell to kill and as for barbarians, remember Tjay?

For antibot system you can make every 15 minutes, all players must answer to the question using talkactions with exemple use mathematical result (10+10=x). If player doesn't answer, is kick from the server :)
Regards @Gaal

Just the worst Idea someone could think of...like I would quit if I get asked every 10 minutes (sometimes in messy situtations you can easly miss it and get kicked in a quest or whatever..or use it as a bypass to get away with skull)

@Kodis thats is only idea for fast, but this can use
in many ways. Doesn't have to be a math results, anything questions. You're must be bot, if you
defending from the my idea :3
Can create very expanded script with this and you dont get away skulls and in the quest you can get a temporary pz :)
By botters tibia lose a lot of players ! The server is too much expanded for lose the players :)

The anti-bot system of last era, what do you think?
Alot of quests changed and there are so many more now.

What else?

Antibot system of last era was a good start.

Other ppl here gave nice ideas like: active gms, working report function, zero tolerance, make manual hunting more rewarding, ...

Nice to see someone working on Ascalon again!

where can i read up about this whole serv man first few pages only talking

@Gaal more pictures!!! ^^

ngbbs4d6dc71200ff3.jpg

Enough pictures for ya?

As a lot of people are talking about anit-bot system i'll drop my idea as well, a while back i played on an ots where you had anti-bot monsters which had as much health as training monks meaning the bot would get stuck training rather than exping :D but I'm not sure if this would find it's place nowadays as I'm guessing it can be avoided taking into consideration the advanced BOT's that are available.

So about PvP, when you attack someone and you get white skull it should hold longer, as far i remember last era it was like 20 sec. (it should be atleast 3min) and when you kill someone you should have pz lock for atleast 12min. Frags limit should be like 7 to red skull and 10 to black skull, also there should be like when you die on rs you lose 2-3 items from eq and when you die on black skull you should lose all. There should be working guild war system for frags (/war invite,guild name,fraglimit,money,time). About vocations in pvp just wanted to say that assasin/sharpshooter were way to tanky (in pvp paladins with amicus sio from priest were almost unkillable), some spells like crystalum should absorb % of dmg instead of giving immortality for few sec.
/just my few words
/disscuss

Not sure why pz lock for 12 min.. it goes in increments of 5. Personally I hate black skulls.. You take more incoming dmg and drop your items.

Any class is tanky with a healer not only the paladin. I agree there is just to much immunity to dmg on top of the already annoyance of invisibility and stuns.

how about makeing crystalum absorb all incoming dmg while that u get 70%less dmg from all atks and give all the incoming dmg back to the attackers x1,5 for 1 person -x2 -for 2 -x3- for 3 -x4 for 5- x5 -for 6 and so on like when 10ppl atk u and they make idk how long crystalum is i think 3 sec? lets say in that 3 sec u are example lvl 350 and wizard u get from 5 ppl dmg like together 4000 that /4 is 1k dmg to everyone ? like Galio from league of legends :D but its more op lol but its a great idea i think to make crystalum like this to absorb dmg get mana back and reflect back the dmg receive maybe its better to make it like this

Crystalum: Each person in the area of crystalum gives the Caster of the spell mana like 15% 10% for each person or living thing then blocks incoming dmg like 50- 60-70% and the dmg receives get back to the attackers 50% like u get 10k dmg just as example and then u put back 5k dmg (its high lvl meant) not for lvl 50s lol

And if you put taunt on crystalum its completly Galio style lol would be amazing to see :D

Back