• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Athera-Online

AtheraOnline

Reaction score
2ibdv02.jpg

What is Athera-Online?, Athera-Online is a 2D retro massive multiplayer online rpg adventure game in which you can interact with players from all over the globe, battle fearsome long lost creatures, release the inner adventurer inside of you and take on dangerous and ruthless quests, take control of your character, improve, level up and learn new skills, become more powerful, forge strong alliances and compete with enemies for power and glory.

Some FAQ
How long has Athera been in production?
Athera-Online has always been a dream of mine since I can remember, however I have only recently started turning those dreams into graphics. I would say I have been creating/learning pixel art for 5 years now, and finally now I have the confidence to put it all together and manage Athera.
What is the dream?
To create a world with colourful scenary, a world in which
people can log into and forget all the problems in the world today for a few moments each day, make friends from all over the globe and be the person you truley want to be, people often find it hard to be who they truly are for whatever reasons, however when playing games like these with people you do not know face to face you can switch off from who you are being told to be and become who you want to be.
Does Athera have some sort of personal meaning to me? rather than just a game created for profit and exploit.
Most definitely, I can safely say the dream will never be lost this game is and will always be about the players and the feeling/experience they get when playing Athera, ofcourse there will be costs to cover and as long as I can cover them through the game without effecting the game play and experience of the players then I shall, I will never sacrifice the players experience to make/increase earnings, If the costs are covered great! if there is profit great! however I draw the line at exploiting people and upsetting there experience for more profit, I would work several different jobs to keep the game running if I had to, I have played alot of games in which the management only cares for personal profit.
When will Athera-Online officially launch?
There is no set launch date at the moment however we hope to launch Athera sometime inbetween December 2013 - December 2014.
Who is the founder of Athera?
That would be me!, my name is Daniel (Dan if you please) I am from england and I am 21 years young, and also my Co Founder Anthony (Ant) also from England who has always supported my graphics since I started all those years ago, given me feedback and basically shares the same interest for the game as me.

r0403p.png

2q9e8om.png

25yty7n.png

Athera-Online Official Website (Under Development)
www.Athera-Online.com

Athera-Online Official Forum
Athera-Online Forum

Some of the features you may find in Athera are....
  • Fishing (using a fishing rod/net to gather fish, shrimp, lobsters and various other foods from water)
  • Cooking (to cook your raw meat ready to be eaten)
  • Fire Making (using a flint to start a small fire to cook food)
  • Tree Cutting (cutting down tree's to gather the logs for sale or for creating fire and crafting).
  • Monster Skining (using a sharp knife to skin the monster you have just slain to collect various foods, skins and parts)
  • Farming (using farming tools to harvest crop "food")
  • Mining (using various mining tools to mine raw metal ore's which can be used for crafting)
  • Crafting (taking metal ore's, logs and various other materials to create an item)

And so much more.......

We are currently recruiting honest members to form our team, paying members of the team at the moment is not possible however I will do all that I can to make this happen hopefully very soon, I may even have complete funding for the entire game fairly soon, Original members of Athera will always have a place with us, you will not be sold out.

Currently Recruiting
..Job Title..
Native Moderators for the Native Language section on our official development forum Athera-Online Forum
We need moderators native in the following languages
  • Swedish
  • Polish
  • Dutch
  • German
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • Norwegian

To monitor threads and posts in the applicable language and to enforce forum rules.
(All applicants must have good English skills)

..Job Title..
Sprite Artist
We are looking for talented, creative individuals to assist in creating the visuals of the game. Applicants must be able to adapt to the style of spriting used in Athera.
(Must speak decent English)

..Job Title..
Senior Game Engineer Programmer
To aid in creating the very foundations of Athera-Online.

..Job Title..
Website Graphic Designer
To help us create a smooth, clean cut, eye pleasing website layout.

And last but not least we need the Community! to get this project going we need plenty of support so please follow us share your thoughts and lets make this dream a reality.

..How To Apply..
To apply for any of the positions above please post here in the following format.
(All applicants require Skype, you do not have to post your Skype contact information here. We will private message you if we require your contact details.)

Name:
Nationality:
The Position You Are Applying For:
Experience:
Something about yourself:

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread,
Dan, Founder of Athera-Online

Last edited:
Please give feedback and start applying! Every little will help us greatly in our quest to what will be Athera-Online.

Are you looking for a mapper or monsters/locations designer?

Hello, I believe in the near future we may need a mapper however that depends on when we have a stable client up at running, and the suitable sprites for our lands, as you can see the main lay of out the map will already be set based on the novel/story line I will be building around it but we will need a mapper with a good eye to make it pleasant.

The main goal at the moment is securing key programmers to help us with the client/editors and the website and then we can start testing stuff, maps ect

Dan/

Good luck with your project! It looks very nice and professional, description is very detailed and as I can see you know where you would like to be in the future. Well done :)

I've joined the team as a graphics designer, and a technical dev. Got to say, these guys know what they're doing.

They now have a website up (no content as yet):
http://www.athera-online.com

and a forum (fully set-up by yours truly):
Athera-Online

Anyone with half a brain would decide to join this project, because it's going to be big. And it's going to take off. Fast.

Hello everyone I have just updated the top post with some new teaser pictures to give you an idea of my work and what it will look like inside the game.

Dan/

r0403p.png

2q9e8om.png

Last edited:
Omg, that snail looks so cute. Good luck with your server, from what I see here, I'm sure it will turn out great :)

@down, haha typo, fixed :D

Last edited:
Haha thank you very much for the compliment however the snake you speak of is a Snail haha!, but thanks all the same :) thank you I appreciate it.

Dan/.

@up
Lol Otland shall be none the wiser! :D

Last edited:
Awesome. Them trees are the shit.

Nice to see others from England and I can help in anyway you wish.
I am a webdesigner, but I can do some other things too :)
Davebz92 ; Skype if you have it.

It's a very nice project but my opinion about the snail i hate it xD

main reason of that its because its very look a like of mapple story and believe me i hate mapple story haha

kind regards

Looks like an awesome project that has potential. I would love to help out in any way I could. I sent you a private message bro

Thank you all :), Haha 53701688 xD just to let you all know I have got your PM's I will reply to you all once me and my co manager have finished discussing an epic game plan so that we know what we need and when we need it, should be late tonight or tomorrow morning that I reply/add you on Skype.

Thank you all for your interest, Dan/

Seems nice, if you need someone for website scripts (php,jquery..) and such ( no design ) I can help you.

@Roarvr At the moment we do not need a mapper I am afraid. @David Lol!, @Raggaer Thank you buddy I shall send you a PM when I am home and I will also update the thread.

Dan/

Back