• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Attached magic effect

About effect 'under' player: make it as 'mount'
About effect 'over' player: it requires some source changes to 'render something after rendering mount and outfit'

Mount on client side is just an outfit (second player oufit which has only ID, no colors) and is rendered before normal outfit of creature, so it's 'under' creature.

Places in OTC engine related to this topic:
Draw creature: edubart/otclient
Draw mount and outfit: edubart/otclient
Draw mount: edubart/otclient
Drawing mount 'on screen': edubart/otclient
Mount is kind of Creature (it's image is just second outfit of player) and Creature is kind of Thing, so it executes drawing of 'Thing': edubart/otclient

'Thing' in OTC is 'something loaded from .dat and .spr'.
Types of things in OTC:
Code:
enum ThingCategory : uint8 {
 ThingCategoryItem = 0,
 ThingCategoryCreature,
 ThingCategoryEffect,
 ThingCategoryMissile,
 ThingInvalidCategory,
 ThingLastCategory = ThingInvalidCategory
}

I hope it helps a bit.

About effect 'under' player: make it as 'mount'
About effect 'over' player: it requires some source changes to 'render something after rendering mount and outfit'

Mount on client side is just an outfit (second player oufit which has only ID, no colors) and is rendered before normal outfit of creature, so it's 'under' creature.

Places in OTC engine related to this topic:
Draw creature: edubart/otclient
Draw mount and outfit: edubart/otclient
Draw mount: edubart/otclient
Drawing mount 'on screen': edubart/otclient
Mount is kind of Creature (it's image is just second outfit of player) and Creature is kind of Thing, so it executes drawing of 'Thing': edubart/otclient

'Thing' in OTC is 'something loaded from .dat and .spr'.
Types of things in OTC:
Code:
enum ThingCategory : uint8 {
ThingCategoryItem = 0,
ThingCategoryCreature,
ThingCategoryEffect,
ThingCategoryMissile,
ThingInvalidCategory,
ThingLastCategory = ThingInvalidCategory
}

I hope it helps a bit.
hi gesior, hope u can read this, wich part i need to change to draw the (mount) OVER the player instead of under? thanks in advance

Back