• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Australian Player's thread

drifter8779

Reaction score
Just curious, how many registered user's on Otland are based in Australia.

If you live in Australia and play open tibia server's regularly, comment your state here.

:D

Lool
I acctually wanted to tag you, @BeastN as I remembered u were from Australia. Couldnt tag you so i googled "Beastn Otland", found this thread https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-1-1-2-10-76-modal-window-addon-and-mount-doll.232805/ and read "regards, Beastn" then figured you prolly changed ur name haha :D
hahaha its actually funny... If you google "Otland" for some reason my name is there..
057d290ce38adf26b65cecb4f90d10e5.png

History of Aus & NZ Open Tibia Servers? Anyone got screenshots? I'll try dig some up soon :p

AU - Toddles - Can't remember the client version. Must have been around 7.4? Based on YurOTS.
NZ - Straifel's - Pretty sure this was originally 7.4, updated to 7.5/6 at some point. Full custom map. @DekxOT - any more info on this?
AU - Hunterland - 7.6 custom map, no exhaust, could kill NPC's
AU - Nightmares - This came up as an unedited Evolutions server. The complete basic map without changes. Low rate. 8.0? Was the most popular Australian OT since Toddles went down. Myself and another guy (eddie maybe?) mapped for him a bit to add custom content.
- After nightmares went down, an NZ guy named Rikki (rikkigoloco) rehosted a pretty much exact replica.
NZ - Kiwiserver - @Peroxide for details!
AU - Strikers - The original 'Strikers' server. More heavily modified evolutions server. 8.0? Modded and hosted by a family of west aussies. Strikers went on to be rehosted with updated content like 100 more times. It got more and more awful every time and I honestly don't know why anyone kept playing it. The owner had created all sorts of secret areas that only him and his RL's knew how to get to. It was absolutely retarded. Oh well :p
AU - Vendetta RPG - My first server - Again, another heavily modified evolutions server - but I dominated my predecessors with some custom systems and better mapping. I stole the majority of Strikers players at the time :p Sorry guys! I swear to god I was the first person to ever think of putting monsters in a teleporter room. Revolutionary - I know. Before that everyone had signs. Madness I thought. I'm sure other people also had this 'original' epiphany but whatever. I'm claiming it.
AU - Years Of Decay - This was a hardcore RPG server. Pretty sure it was custom map. I never got into it. Too hardcore. Nobody played. Like, ever. I imagine the owners put a lot of effort into it though =\ @Yodot
AU - Ribs OT - I honestly don't remember much about this one - anyone else?
AU - Shinzakai - Full custom map by @DekxOT - I think this was using Evolutions server, but started from scratch on the map.
AU - Zanmato's - I think this was actually a modded base TFS map originally, then ended up being a modded evolutions or neverland or somthing - can't quite remember. Got rehosted many times in many different versions.
AU - Australia RPG - My first real map server, I think it was about 8.5? Nothing custom about it at all, but I had fixed a whole lot more stuff than the majority and it did pretty well.
AU - Nightmares RL Map - I can't actually remember what the name of this one was, but it was a real map hosted by a guy named Matt, and it had the frozen starlight teleport system that @strutZ has in his signature now. Was it yours? This was a super long time ago still, and I think that was the only custom system, but it was cool. Server was popular too. Or was that Soulcoor's Serenity? So. Long. Ago.
AU - Ascension RPG - This was my attempt at giving the community "what they wanted". It was a medium rate full custom map + real tibia quests with teleporters to main areas and quests. It quickly became the most popular aussie OT ever created so far. I stopped hosting after my VPS provider in Sydney shut down my service, zipped & dumped my data & changed their usage policy overnight. No more game or voice server hosting for them! Apparently they don't like being DDOS'ed.
AU - BlueShift - Real map server with custom systems and some custom content - hosted by @strutZ

Honestly after Ascension went down I haven't seen anything particularly noteworthy hosted for Australia until recently when @strutZ was hosting his real map. Personally I don't like real maps and so I didn't really get into it, I did check it out a bit though and find it to be pretty interesting, well made and well maintained.

Which servers did I miss? I'm sure I missed some!

Edit:
- Totally forgot I hosted a my war server in there at some point around ~8.6 too.

Screenshots:

The original custom map I created for my war server, hosted first for Australia =D
451c9927e7.jpg
The main town area of Ascension RPG
b9815c6bc3.jpg
The main town area of Vendetta RPG & the teleporter room (This is a 'revamped' version of it (awful I know)) It was original 8.0 - I can't open that map file because I don't have a client for it =( But this was the 8.4 version haha.
0255f0378b.jpg

eae40b71a7.jpg

Last edited:
Back