• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Auto-Restart for Linux (Debian)

kito2

www.masteria.net
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi there, well... I have been searching for some days and couldn't find any tutorial that works, so Im posting here...

Well the thing is that I have my dedi with Debian Linux and works great, but to start the OT I need to do:

cd /home/folder
./control start (a script that made a friend for me, and can kill process, stop or start it and when disconnecting from SSH, the server doesnt shutdown, but this isnt the point).

When I type screen -r it says that it will execute theforgottenserver but need to type y or n to allow or not it because it is like a "super user"...

I would like to remove that, but dont know why (it has permission 777, maybe that's why it ask to allow or not).

Since this is giving me troubles, I can't find any restarter and also an automatic starter too... Why this?
If the host reboot, then I need to log in the SSH screen and start the OT and it isn't the idea, and also if the server crashes, and I try to use a restarter, then it will ask again for the "super admin" y/n...

Can anyone help me on this?

the second command runs the next command input as a different user

by default TFS should belong to root but NOT have execute permissions. there's a good reason for that. he was just polite enough not to call you out for being n00b

Create the user "TFS", log as TFS with the password you set for that account and just run the server. (not root)

"/home/tfs/serverfilesarehere"

restarter.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
ulimit -c unlimited
while true; do ./theforgottenserver; done

Back