• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Avesta 7.6] Defense & armor?

ond

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I have a little problem with my Avesta. I was scripting some monsters the other day, when I realized that I had to try them so I ain't doing anything wrong.

I had set (for example):
melee min="-0" max="-100" on a monster, by that formula EQ is useless, the monster hit from 0-100 in any case.

So I said, Ok, let's try the attack/skill formula

melee skill="40" attack="50"

Now the tricky part is, in the beginning I started off by summoning a dwarf guard, I let it hit me without EQ.

It hit between 0-120 (No EQ what so ever).

Then I tried a plate set + steel helmet and dwarven shield and the result became:
0-120 (just as the old one, I counted 20 hits each test and all came to an average of 60.

So I decided to fire it up a notch so I let the Dwarf Guard hit me with a rare set on.
(Mpa, g legs, mms, dh, steel boots, and even SCA)

Result: 0-120 (Average 60).

So I wonder, am I the only one with this problem?

Also I would like to know if someone knows where in the sources this is declared so I can take a look at the code.

Thanks for now!!!

Back