• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Balancing melee and distance damage.

Elvarion

Reaction score
Searched around the forum alot, Tried out some stuff myself. Didnt really get any smarter after all that so i thought i might give you guys a shot at it.

Everyone that has played as a Knight/Paladin on OT's most likely have experience the following thing.

Attacking "x" monster, Dealing 100, 105, 4, 27, 140, 24 etc etc, you get the point.
I cant speak for everyone, But i for one would like a bit more balance.

What i would like is to be able to make the Melee weapons "into" maybe wands with a fixed damage. (Might be able to do the dist weapons myself, But im currently not on my computer where my OT stuff is)

I would be great to be able to script them like somewhat like Wands, Putting a Min="xx" and a Max="xx" into Weapons.xml. Or making your weapons do damage according to; A) Level*skill*xx = dmg output or B) Skill*xx = dmg output

The damage calculations could be done with an external script (And i got it to "work") My melee weapons ended up with a spear throwing animation that i wasnt able to get rid of ^^,

Post your thoughts and maybe a helpful script.
Or just share your opinion =)

(Will update this tomorrow with some scripts that ive been working around with. Maybe it could be helpful to someone)

they should implement a system which separates melee/ranged physical damage. Would be a lot easier to balance vocations.

they should implement a system which separates melee/ranged physical damage. Would be a lot easier to balance vocations.
There is already a system like that in Vocations.xml, You can change melee, dist, wand, magdmg, healing, defenses and such.

XML:
<formula meleeDamage="1.0" distDamage="1.0"
(Not the Whole formula, Just a snippet)

Back